PDA

View Full Version : Promo hero card?

acepinoy101
02-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Is there a promo hero card with the purchase of the Lord of the Rings Deck Building game (like the Martian Manhunter promo for the DC Deck Building Game)?

Matt_Hyra
02-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Yes, there will be.
Check out our online store and you can see who it is.

darkjawa103
02-05-2013, 07:22 AM
I heard it may be Arwen

houjix
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I heard it may be Arwen

It is Arwen. Originally I think they said it was going to be Merry, but that must have changed. The game went from a "I don't care about the promo" to a "damn you cryptozoic"

jjwolfe
02-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Does the promo ship to distributors like CCI or Miniature Market?

B.Larkdighter
03-29-2013, 11:51 AM
How does one obtain the promo?

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Cryptozoic is now exclusive through Diamond/Alliance Distributors. If CCI or Miniatures Market sub-distributes from them, then they should be able to get it.

Promos are sent to hobby game stores, not online stores. It can help to pre-order the game from your local hobby store and tell them that they should ask about the promo when they place their order. This hopefully prevents the distributor and retail from forgetting to ask. However, they shouldn't need to ask if everything goes right. They should just appear, so if they order 10 games, they get 10 promos.

Bernado
04-06-2013, 06:06 AM
Does this apply to european stores as well?
I hope so because I ordered one at my shop...

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Does this apply to european stores as well?
I hope so because I ordered one at my shop...

In Europe, Esdevium is the distributor that has the promos. Ask your hobby store if they order through Esdevium, and if so, be sure they ask for the promo... just so there is no confusion. They should get one per copy ordered.

Bernado
04-08-2013, 10:39 AM
I can confirm the game comes with the promos.
I already have it!
It's the first time that I don't have to ask several times on my shop to get it.
... I don't know if any hobbits were killed to bring the game so fast. :cool:

Baneslader
04-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Miniature Market did not have the promos. I just got mine and I was totally bummed out. If there is any other way to get them please let me know.

Phlibbit
04-14-2013, 05:40 PM
Yeah, my store didn't get the promo either, even though I asked about it beforehand--and pre-ordered the game and everything. First no Martain Manhunter and now, no Arwen. Sigh...

cervidal
04-14-2013, 10:01 PM
Tell the store you purchased from to contact their distributor for the promo cards. The distributors have the cards and were supposed to send them to the selling stores.

Matt_Hyra
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Tell the store you purchased from to contact their distributor for the promo cards. The distributors have the cards and were supposed to send them to the selling stores.

Note that the promo cards are available only to brick and mortar stores. These are the stores that demo games to people and often provide a place to play in store. We encourage that extra mile of service by giving them promo cards.

cervidal
04-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Well aware. Alliance has been a pretty big failure on getting these out, though; any store I've talked with or seen posted about not getting their promos is a store who ordered the game through Alliance.

Llauorn
04-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Well aware. Alliance has been a pretty big failure on getting these out, though; any store I've talked with or seen posted about not getting their promos is a store who ordered the game through Alliance.

More reason to add these promos to the website store so those of us that want them can purchase them.

axman101
06-18-2013, 12:15 PM
I live in colorado and no one in that state has the promo cards for this game. I went on a shirt trip to Destin, Florida and no one has the promo cards. I also tried calling around in St.Louis since I'm moving there next week and they don't have the promos as well.

I want to buy this game but I also want the promos. I think a talk with your distributors is in order. I'm going to wait until I see the promos but there may be others that don't want it as much and will just pay the lower price thus undermining your plan to help the brick and mortar stores. Heck if I ever give up on waiting for the promo I'll likely pay the lower price online too

gchromis
07-19-2013, 11:45 AM
So, is there any way to get the promo card now? I just bought the game, and the store made no mention of it, and of course I didn't realize there was one.

gchromis
09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
And as a follow up to my previous post, I just bought the new game, and asked about the promo card. They didn't know anything about it at all. I'm supposed to check back today with the guy that does the orders, but I'm not confident they will have it. Is there any other way to get this card, (and the previous one) at all?

Matt_Hyra
09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Your store needs to contact their Alliance rep. They have them. If the rep forgets to give them and the store forgets to ask, we get the situation you are in. You can ask for both promos.