PDA

View Full Version : How close is release? using DC as a model

jbabel
02-22-2013, 12:02 PM
As the title states this is an effort to see when LotR will release in relation to how DC was handled.
Most of this info is gathered on the DC forums

DC released to most FLGS: ~12/4
DC pre-orders started getting delivered: ~12/8
Pre-orders started-11/1/12
Rulebook released online-10/20/12

So using that as a model the LoTR pre-orders started ~2/5
no rulebook yet...
Listed as spring 2013 here:
http://www.cryptozoic.com/games/lord-rings-fellowship-ring-deck-building-game
and Feb 2013 on the online pre-order page

If DC is a good indicator then it should be released around 3/5-3/12, here's to hoping we can get a confirmation soon.

jjwolfe
02-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Uh the worse part is it no longer is listed in the E-store... yikes

mysaviorjc
02-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Ummm...yeah....confirmed. Spring 2013 and outta the eStore. Now I don't mind if the delay is to get a better quality box and better quality cards (Crit totally ripped the quality of the cards and box it comes in at the end of the how-to-play video). If they are taking that to heart, and that's the deal, I'm ok with that.

chalen43506
02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
for a few days it listed March 1st as a release date... wth happened to that?!

Megalodon360
03-01-2013, 12:01 PM
really dissapointed with cryptozoic, batman and this game both had january release dates and both are now in limbo with no definitive date, poor management here.I have 2 orders from coolstuff inc that are being held because of these two games, ( spent 100 on order for free shipping twice ) now both orders are being held because of these delays, be more forthwright with us so we dont have to have funds tied up in games coming out months from now.

chalen43506
03-03-2013, 04:34 PM
have already been charged for this game by Cryptozoic

jbabel
03-04-2013, 08:53 AM
have you gotten an email about it shipping yet?
It is still not in estore. Wonder if the recently confirmed DC expansion will beat this out?

Megalodon360
03-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I dont know but I am pretty dissapointed, I love cryptozoic, I have 7 of there games( 2 penny arcade, 2 food fight, dc deck, hot rod creeps, battle wizards) but this particular mattar has annoyed me to no end.I was able to cancel both my orders from coolstuff inc.Thank you coolstuff for understanding my frustrations with 3 to 4 month delays from there original release date.

Honestly I am not even mad about it being pushed back, what I am mad at is the lack of communication between the company and the community.We havent heard diddley squat about the reasons or when it will actually come out.Back in January Tox from crits happens gets a full playable LOTR game and it looks done and ready to ship , now 3 months later nothing.throw us a bone and tell us why its pulled from the online store and why we are being kept in the dark., heck I am still waiting for my fruit fu#@$%@ promo from my order of penny arcade, havent heard from customer support yet other than automated, I am starting to wonder what has happened to this company I loved.....sigh rant over.

chalen43506
03-04-2013, 02:56 PM
the only email i got was an order confirmation... then noticed it had already cleared my bank on last months statement

Llauorn
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Looks like March 28th, according to the mass email.

Ugamachi
03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Base Game: March 28th

Expansion 3rd quarter: 1 April 2013 30 June 2013

jbabel
03-15-2013, 04:41 AM
i didn't get an email (have pre-ordered). I was about to start an argry thread, there is a thread on BGG where someone in Australia found a copy at they're local store.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/945221/found-at-my-flgs-in-australia
Anyway, hope it actually ships on time.

chalen43506
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Yea I didn't see an email either, and I have pre-ordered... in fact they have already taken my money! I also saw the thread on BGG. I am guessing the delay was on the Distributor situation. It would be nice to have some correspondence from Cryptozoic tho.

Megalodon360
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
no doubt, I have it preordered too, actually got a box from them today with the big bang theory trivia game which was on the same order as the lord of the rings.I got the big bang but no Lotr in the box, guess theyre shipping it in 2 boxes, wierd, and yet people in australia are buying this off the shelf.....sigh lost a lot of faith in this company.

Matt_Hyra
03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
Mega,
Keep in mind that online stores will post release dates from solicitations they receive over 6 months before the product is due to arrive. Those are not meant to be hard dates. If there are complications, they don't change their posted release date, but they continue to take your pre-order money.

The Australian shelf-buy was probably a distributor airshipping it in and then sending it out to stores before the release date. They weren't supposed to do that.

blackroseyagami
03-15-2013, 10:25 PM
According to distributor emails, the release date has been set on March 28th

can anyone confirm this Matt?

Matt_Hyra
03-15-2013, 11:58 PM
According to distributor emails, the release date has been set on March 28th

can anyone confirm this Matt?

I can confirm that.

jbabel
03-16-2013, 08:59 AM
so will Cryptozoic online preorders start shipping or start being delivered on 3/28?

Megalodon360
03-16-2013, 10:14 AM
I would actually like to know that as well, this game as well as the batman arkham city escape have had little to no feedback from anyone even though the original release dates were back in january, the lack of comunication for a AAA game company is mind boggeling. Most of us have had these preorders for months, I have had to cancel this preorder 2 times for the lack of comunication.preorder it at the end of December when the release date was set for January, then again in february when it was set to release then, now march.No comunication on either of those push backs.Its just a lack of concern for customers that is simply not good for buisness.There is still no Forum for batman , had to go to boargamegeek to find a post saying it would be out in april, yet come to the offical forums and there isnt even a forum for it.Sad really sad.

blackroseyagami
03-21-2013, 01:16 AM
I can confirm that.

TY Sir

jbabel
03-21-2013, 06:50 AM
2nd try, will the cryptozoic online preorders start shipping or start being delived on 3/28?