PDA

View Full Version : Legal spells and more initiative questions

frediccini
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
According to the rules, wizards call out the number of components. So if I have three cards but they are all Quality types, do I have one component? Is it legal to intentionally play illegal spells just to ditch cards? Also, if I intentionally play four cards (and assuming I have to call out the number of cards in my spell) do I say four? What about if I accidentally play four cards and I don't realize it until later?

Thanks for all your help and for this awesome game!

Matt_Hyra
03-07-2013, 11:27 PM
You have 3 cards, so you have to announce 3. But when you flip them over, you have to discard 2 of the Qualities as you can only have 1 in your Spell (at the start at least).

The 4 card illegal spell in the rulebook is actually just not possible. There should have been a caption under that to say that it was not possible to play 4 cards. The rules are that you can play 1, 2, or 3. The rules don't say that you can play 4 cards. So you can never announce a 4-card spell.

If you accidentally play 4 and don't notice until your Initiative, put 1 random card back into your hand. This might mean that you have 2 of a kind and will have to discard 1 of them. Or you might get lucky and draw the component that was a duplicate.