PDA

View Full Version : Atrocitus+Trident.

IAmTheGreat
03-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Couple of questions.

I have a Punch under my Superhero thanks to Atrocitus, who is the current Super Villain. I defeat Atrocitus using Aquamans Trident. If I wish to put Atrocitus on top of my deck, in what order does he and the Punch go on top?

Also, if I were to buy an Equipment with Trident, then pick it up with Robin and play it, can I still put it on top of my deck at end of turn? And related to that, do you have to put a card you buy/gain on top of your deck immediately after buying/defeating it, or can you do it later on in the turn?

Matt_Hyra
03-18-2013, 03:59 PM
1. Atrocitus goes on first. Defeating him causes the secondary effect of putting the undercard back on top.

2a. No. Once a card enters your deck or hand, it loses any temporary effects on it (because it is impossible to track fairly).
2b. You must do it immediately when you choose to use the effect.

IAmTheGreat
03-18-2013, 04:05 PM
2b. So as soon as the card is bought/defeated is when you choose to use Tridents effect? Say I buy something then play Trident later, that card I previously gained can not be put on top of my deck?

Matt_Hyra
03-18-2013, 04:26 PM
2b. So as soon as the card is bought/defeated is when you choose to use Tridents effect? Say I buy something then play Trident later, that card I previously gained can not be put on top of my deck?

As soon as you buy or gain a card, decide now if you want to use the Trident effect on it.
The Trident sets up an ongoing effect when played. It uses the terms "buy or gain," not "bought or gained," so you can't go back in time to put a card on top. The Trident effect must be currently waiting for a card to be bought or gained to use it.