PDA

View Full Version : A Tip for Appeasing Annoyed DC Fans

onlyonecannoli
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Much to my surprise, some of my hardcore DC friends hate the fact that the Flash uses the Batmobile and other such "strange" things. My solution was to lie:

Flash, Superman, Batman, etc. is not you but your mentor (like in DC Universe Online). Thus, you start out as an average Joe who just punches people in the face and slowly mature into your own custom superhero.

I got around the Captain Cold problem by saying that he captured/incapacitated all of our mentors.

My DC friends are still irked about recruiting villains, but now they complain a lot less :D I hope this tip helps others who face the same problem (not that I'm normally pro-lying, but it seems like a silly barrier to enjoying a really fun game)!

JKat
03-27-2013, 06:53 PM
So your hero is really your mentor and the cards and items you purchase allows you to become a unique version of that hero. Yeah, that works.

I just tell everyone that it is a free-for-all brawl and everything is up for grabs including the villains, which are just holograms as part of a superhero training exercise.

boba_fouts
03-28-2013, 06:42 AM
Tell them to lighten up. It is a game. It isn't the real world.

IAmTheGreat
03-28-2013, 10:08 AM

Basically this. Your friends sound like buzzkills

JKat
03-28-2013, 12:30 PM

LOL, that might work too...

We'll be bringing out the game for International TableTop Day this Saturday since the DC Deck building game is great for new players who are unfamiliar with the deck building mechanic. And the Lord of the Rings deck building game looks to be even better.

JesusChristMD
03-28-2013, 07:38 PM

+1 all day to the foutmaster.

bjones1972
06-07-2013, 06:39 AM
I have a friend who HATED this game at the start because he was being a "it's not in continuity" peckerhead. I am a hardcore comic geek, but I found the game to be a blast. We also play the Marvel Legendary game, but he now is more and more gravitating to the DC dbg because it's just more fun to play than the Marvel one (at the moment).

lightsout
06-07-2013, 01:49 PM
...Wow

sirthomas
06-14-2013, 03:08 PM
I thought the purchasing of villains was unusual myself but I also played vs system before this and I always thought Professor X doing a Flying Kick was great irony.

atheist4thecause
08-09-2013, 04:03 AM
I don't really think purchasing villains is that weird, to be honest. Villains (and Super-Villains) are defeated by Super Heroes, and then the Super Hero that defeated the villain has the power to manipulate them. That's how I look at it anyways.

kmonarq7
08-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Basically, they arent worth having as friends. Get new ones.