PDA

View Full Version : Allies and weapons in combat

killerardvark
03-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I understand actions and reactions can be played at any time during combat, but is there a particular time that allies and weapons must be played? Some encounters have effects based on them. Seems like it should be prior to the reveal.

Matt_Hyra
03-28-2013, 09:23 PM
You may play any number of Actions, Reactions, Allies, and Weapons before and/or after taking on an Encounter.
Sometimes it works well to play some before, so you know what level of Encounter you can go after.
But if you play too many cards, your opponents will know with a great deal of certainty if you are overshooting or undershooting on your choice of Encounter level. If you undershoot, they will always Aid you. If you overshoot, they will always Block you. Better to keep them guessing...

killerardvark
03-29-2013, 04:48 AM
I understand this idea and the potential strategy. The part that is confusing me is the "encounter" card's text.

For example: Blood Root says - Roll a die for your Hero and each Ally. On a 1, remove that Hero or Ally from this combat.
---Does this effect take place for Allys I play after the encounter is revealed? I would assume yes otherwise people would just hold onto everything till the end and laugh at the encounter when it is revealed.
---This question also applies to Spooremen

Matt_Hyra
03-29-2013, 10:16 AM
You have to roll for each you have already played and each you play after seeing the Encounter Card. Nobody gets a free ride.