PDA

View Full Version : Joker and not having a hand?

Blackbird_13
04-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Joker says that the other players must choose to either discard a card in their hand, or for the player playing Joker to draw a card.

If a player doesn't have a hand (from discarding it from a previous supervillain attack), does the player draw a hand to discard a card.. and if not, are they still allowed to choose "discard a card", even though they have no cards to discard?

Matt_Hyra
04-22-2013, 02:43 PM
No.
Rulebook page 12, The Joker entry:
"The Joker’s game text is not an attack. Each other player
must choose to either discard a random card or allow the
player who played The Joker to draw a card. If you have
no cards in hand, you cannot choose the discard option."

Qpcloudy
05-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Glad I saw this as well. On the card it does say Attack, however, in a two player game, when one player has a defense, it doesn't really work, lol.

Matt_Hyra
05-25-2013, 05:21 PM
Glad I saw this as well. On the card it does say Attack, however, in a two player game, when one player has a defense, it doesn't really work, lol.

His normal game text doesn't say Attack. You are thinking of his First Appearance Attack.

Qpcloudy
05-25-2013, 08:34 PM
His normal game text doesn't say Attack. You are thinking of his First Appearance Attack.

Indeed I am. Can a "first appearance" not be blocked? Still feels odd in a two player game if one player has a defense.

Matt_Hyra
05-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Yes, it can be blocked. In which case the other player puts the card into his own discard pile.