PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Ideas

AlbertoFalcone
04-23-2013, 01:03 AM
Let me start of with saying I have played alot of Deck building games and this is by far one of my favorites, not to mention I am a huge DC fan as well. This game combines speed and strategy along with fun twists to keep the game from getting stale. I am looking forward to picking up the expansion when it hits stores later this year. I just have some thoughts i had on the game. Feel free to disagree with me.

I would really like to see a Watchmen DBG, the biggest problem with that is the villains are not well known. If I say Adrian Veidt, you might know whom I'm speaking of but if I say "Twilight Lady" or "The Liquidator" you would be like "wtf? Who are these freaks?" Luckily they are technically characters owned by DC so you could argue that they could fit in this game. I would love to see Superman and Dr. Manhattan fighting each other, who wouldn't.

Another Idea would be to do Teen Titans. Nightwing/Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beastboy, Speedy, Kid Flash, WonderGirl, and Superboy. I guess you could argue that they would be identical to there older counterparts which is only if you let them be that way.

I would really like to see a Character that really benefits from playing villains, besides Martian Manhunter, unlike Wonder Woman who benefits from you acquiring the villains . I think Catwoman would be the Ideal character for this role considering she is as much as a villain as she is a hero. More enemy "attack" or even adding "ambush" effects I think would make the game more challenging and more competitive. I think the ambush effects in "LOTR" were a blast to play with and made the game seem more balanced. It also the game seems to have more diversity with ambush game mechanic. I also really feel that Bane and Doomsday should have been super Villains, considering that they were the only ones to truly bring down Batman and Superman, besides Darkseid of coarse. I understand that The Super Villains in the first game were to be the people that the justice league have had the most trouble dealing with as group and not so much individually.

thanks for reading my rant,
Alberto Falcone

P.S. Where is Shazam at? we need some Shazam or Crypto ;P

Zuty
04-23-2013, 06:46 PM
I see nothing wrong with this and fully endorse it.

I am by NO MEANS a comic book geek, so Watchmen and some of the other stuff you mentioned just fly right over my head. I've heard of them, but I have no intention of reading through huge omnibuses to learn about them when I could simply go to Wikipedia and learn everything I need to know by reading a couple of paragraphs.

That being said, that's even MORE of a reason I am for your idea. What better way to teach me about a comic book character by having me play as them or fight against them? After flipping through all the cards the first time I played this I was up ALL NIGHT LONG on Wikipedia and other corners of the internet reading up on Paralax and Mera. Characters like Batman, Superman, Super Girl, and Robin ... I know who they all are, because they are A-list comic book characters. I don't need to look into why Superman loves Super Powers, while Batman loves Equipments, because I already know who they are. But why does Paralax double the power I have? Oh, it's because he's RIDICULOUSLY strong and the pure emotion of fear so his power is limitless. Oh and it looks like he was inside the green lantern core or something ... Maybe I should read up on Green Lantern and all of the lore from those comics. And who is Mera? Oh, she's Aquamans wife. Wait, Aquamans second wife. Who was his first? Some chick I've never heard of called Dolphin. And after she died the black lanterns brought her back from the dead to fight Aquaman. NOW I am interested in reading up on Aquaman; a character my friends mock for being one of the worst "big" comic book characters of all time.

That's what is engaging about this game; I'm learning who all these characters are. I'd love to play a Watchmen or Teen Titans expansion. I was an avid fan of the Teen Titans cartoon, but I know that there was a comic series that came WAY before the show. I like this idea a lot, because not only will I get to play with characters that are more obscure to me, a casual comic geek, but it also helps the game stay fresh. I'd hate to see an expansion of this game come out with like ... "Alternate Suit Superman" as a Super Hero card ... It gives me literally NO incentive to play with that card, because I already have a Superman Super Hero card, why do I need a new one with a different ability and artwork when there are TONS of other characters that could have been used?

~Zuty

aoineko
04-23-2013, 10:51 PM
Games are a great gateway into the world of comics. I would not be a big DC Comics fan had it not been for VS System. Really hope CZE starts authorizing some spoilers for DC2 soon. I can't wait to see people's reactions and hope they enjoy it even more than the original!

GaryG
06-25-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm also interested to see on how pro plays their decks between their opponents since I'm still beginner in this game. I'm also interested to get good card combination and combos.

kmonarq7
06-26-2013, 01:53 PM
Gary: Robin, Bat Signal, Robin, Bat Signal, Robin, Bat Signal, Man of Steel.....

If you toss in a Parallax - Clayface combo, thats a possible 200 power round.

My personal high is 148

Talon378
06-27-2013, 05:26 PM
Gary: Robin, Bat Signal, Robin, Bat Signal, Robin, Bat Signal, Man of Steel.....

If you toss in a Parallax - Clayface combo, thats a possible 200 power round.

My personal high is 148

The liklihood of you having a hand of Robin, Parallax, and Clayface, with two more Robins and three Bat Signals in your discard pile along with Man of Steel in your hand or discard pile as well are extremely remote.

LexLuthorJr
06-28-2013, 09:08 AM
My personal high is 148

That's impressive. The most points you'd be able to buy in a single round would be 150. So you were two short.

kmonarq7
06-28-2013, 11:52 AM
How would 150 be the top? Also, I am thnking that 300 might be within the realm of possibility if you have a couple of Clayfaces, a Parallax, a couple of Bat Signals, the Man of Steel, and playing as Superman....

LexLuthorJr
06-28-2013, 11:57 AM
That's not what I meant. What I meant is that the maximum amount of cards you could buy in your turn would only add up to 150. Even if you had 300 to spend, the maximum would be 150 in ideal circumstances.

aoineko
06-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Unless a The Riddler is involved?

LexLuthorJr
06-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Unless a The Riddler is involved?

Heh. I suppose so.

totimd
07-04-2013, 09:24 PM
superman could have better powers: (
batman might have better powers? : (
batman and superman are very weak: Mad:
can add more female superheroes: Confused:
(supergirl, batwoman, super woman, girl hawk, raven, starfire)
Add SQUADS OR GROUPS CAN (TITANS)