PDA

View Full Version : Moria Orcs Question

Dreamblaze
04-25-2013, 11:17 PM
The card text reads: If you play or have played one or more other Moria Orcs this turn +4 power otherwise +1 power.
So my question is as follows:

I play the first Moria Orcs card so it is +1 power
then I play another moria orcs card which is +4 power
So at this point I have 5 Power

my question is does the first card now give +3 extra power for a total of 8 power in the turn
or do I stay with the original 5?

Matt_Hyra
04-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Play or have played means that you look forward and backward.
So you have +8.

stowell24
07-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I get why it's +8, but is anyone concerned that this combination is a little too powerful? 2 Moria Orcs followed by a twilight ringwraith on a subsequent turn is pretty much 2 archenemies. Just wondering.

Cirdan
07-15-2013, 12:54 AM
So this just came up in the game we were playing. I had Twilight Ringwraith in my hand and 1 Moria Orcs. There was another Moria Orcs in the path but in order to have the power to buy the Orcs and then immediately retrieve them with the Ringwraith I had to play the first Orcs. Do I then get an additional +3 from the first Orcs even though I already used the 1 power from them?

Matt_Hyra
07-15-2013, 10:31 AM
Yes, you do.

sklazinga
07-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Just wondering if the official rules of the game include "Moria Orc Captain" as a card meeting the critera for +4 power of "Moria Orcs"?

I know we have house-ruled that it does.

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2013, 12:46 PM
We probably could have mentioned that case in the rulebook, as the two different cards look to have the same name.
However, they do not. Orcs vs Orc. The Captain does not meet the criteria as an Orcs, so no bonus. The Orcs are good enough without the bonus!