PDA

View Full Version : Rule ambiguity

cptnconway
04-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Hello. My friends and I really enjoy your game, however we are having a heck of a time "winning." From how we understand the rules, it doesnt seem possible for a survivor to make it through to the end. That being said, we were wondering if you could clear up some ambiguity we have found in the rules:

1) Whats the deal with encounters in the corners? If we lose the first encounter, do we immediately take another? Do we have to move off the space and come back if we lose either the first or second encounter? And if we do move off, do we take an encounter OFF the corner before coming back?

2) Scrounge cards: I understand making the deck of ten per player, but then where do the initial starting 5 cards per hand come from? Example: if four people are playing, do we make a deck of 40 scrounge, then take an additional 20? or do we make the deck of 40, then use that to make the 4 hands, leaving a scrounge pile of 20?

If we could get those questions answered, we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Matt_Hyra
04-28-2013, 02:12 AM
1) As long as your Survivor doesn't die, you draw your 2nd Encounter and keep on going. You could lose 3 Allies on the Encounters, but as long as YOU survive, you earn the location card. If you were doing it the other way, it would be way too hard to win as a Survivor.

2) The initial hands come from the 10-card per player deck. So you will always deal out half of the deck at the start of each game. So in a 4 player game, you make a 40 card Scrounge deck (which is all of the Scrounge cards), and then deal out 5 to each player. You are then left with a 20 card Scrounge deck.

Not so hard to win. If the Survivors don't win, the Walkers will :cool: