PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Crawl

Shaqattaq
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Lead Engineer, Lead Encounter Designer Chris Woods talks briefly about his experience in the TCG industry and introduces you to the Dungeon Design team.

http://hextcg.com/dungeon-crawl/

MMO_Unforgiven
05-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I am thrilled to see Hex is going to attack the single player aspect of this as much as the multi-player. Can't wait to see more on this.

Jaydawg6958
05-09-2013, 03:15 PM
With these dungeons is there a cooldown on how often you can repeat them? If you even can repeat them. Same thought goes towards raids.

Dralon
05-10-2013, 03:27 AM
Will there be a group finder queue of some sort for these dungeons, to avoid too much spamming of chat, lfg for dungeon X?

Thanisse
05-10-2013, 03:43 AM
o god ... I just got off wow (the online game ) and now I might have a tcg with repetitive addictive possibilities ...
I am afraid now .

Erebus
05-11-2013, 04:06 PM
It's okay Thanisse we can start our own in-game support group. But I have to miss the first meeting cause I have a raid....

Thanisse
05-12-2013, 04:19 AM
It's okay Thanisse we can start our own in-game support group. But I have to miss the first meeting cause I have a raid....

xD ... MMO players anonymous xD ?!

at least this will seem to be less connection dependable :P
and seems I will be able to do it in my free time , not have to do it each day xD like crazy .

february
05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Any word on whether dungeon content will offer multi-player opportunities as well? I'm not much of a solo gamer, but would definitely be interested in getting into this game for the chance to build decks with friends and fight through dungeons together.

Erebus
05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
The dialogue so far is that Dungeons will be single player, but raids will be 3 player. The dialogue also implies that Raids will be unlocked by defeating the Dungeons solo first.

Hipatoid
05-14-2013, 05:32 AM
I hope they add multi-player options to the dungeons. I'd really enjoy playing through the campaign with friends rather than playing solo until a raid comes.

slipperyjoe
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
A strong single player as a base will help draw people newish to TCG's. Good to see.

slipperyjoe
05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Also curious as to whether dungeons are replayable/what's their cooldown.

Bumpity bump bump.

clorox
05-16-2013, 12:43 PM
I am all over the co-op PvE components. It would be really neat to see if they start including deck building restrictions, or bonuses for building your deck a certain way.

As an example, brining in a Commons-only deck for the Arena would give you some bonus to the crowd favour, increasing as you move through your opponents. The "Underdog" elements of this would be awesome to explore.

My head a'splode.

CoolGrayAJ
05-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Also curious as to whether dungeons are replayable

I was really curious about this, too. Personally, I thought it would've been awesome to have randomized encounters a la FTL (Faster Than Light) to veer away from "optimized" or "best" routes through a dungeon.

Fortunately, they'll be cycling dungeon content out regularly, so you'll frequently have something fresh to play.

paulcoyotle
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
I hope they add multi-player options to the dungeons. I'd really enjoy playing through the campaign with friends rather than playing solo until a raid comes.

Yep. It will be nice to have multi-player dungeons.

Erebus
06-03-2013, 11:27 AM
If you listen to Cory during the Angry Joe interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc) he states that "the first wave of dungeons are single player at least". This implies he's listening to the community and looking at the problem of meaningful PVE content with low downtime that's good for groups of players.

Don't be surprised to see Co-Op 2 player dungeons less then a year after launch.

Rins
06-09-2013, 09:37 PM
So only 3 players max in raid :\? I was hopping at least 15ppl, but i think it will be chaos on table if 15 ppl hehe.

ShaolinRaven
06-09-2013, 09:46 PM
So only 3 players max in raid :\? I was hopping at least 15ppl, but i think it will be chaos on table if 15 ppl hehe.

That would = 15 turns before you could get your turn. That means you have to wait for 14 people + Raid Boss to go through every part of their phase AND pass priority/use quickactions for every part of every person's phase.... that is a lot of down time waiting for your turn to come up, thus the limit.

In a normal MMO everyone is acting/reacting in real time, but for a turn based TCG it would be a nightmare to sort out, which is probably why they started with 3, and I doubt we'll ever get higher then 6 or so unless they make Raid bosses so tough and powerful that every player gets to take their turns simultaneously and then the raid boss gets a turn, which means major power creep for the raid bosses.

CaptainPuppy
06-11-2013, 01:42 PM
That would = 15 turns before you could get your turn. That means you have to wait for 14 people + Raid Boss to go through every part of their phase AND pass priority/use quickactions for every part of every person's phase.... that is a lot of down time waiting for your turn to come up, thus the limit.

Yeah, even in 2v2 sometimes it takes forever for other people to make their moves. I can't imagine how boring it would be waiting for 15 turns. :)

AstaSyneri
06-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Yeah, even in 2v2 sometimes it takes forever for other people to make their moves. I can't imagine how boring it would be waiting for 15 turns. :)

Plus it is extremely difficult to design an interesting challenge for such a range of people. Chances are the right combination of decks will just blow the opponent away, while some challenges might result in picking off players one by one, making the experience for those who die quickly not very interesting.

Played in a 42-player game of Warlord: Saga of the Storm once - they had four judges tapping players on the shoulders after 30 seconds - if you hadn't played by that time, you passed. That kind of thing would be much easier to accomplish in a Hex client, adding a clock for each player.