PDA

View Full Version : Questions: Raid Leader Tier

Storm_Fireblade
05-08-2013, 03:24 PM
The Raid Leader Tier comes with "+1 Card in the opening hand of all players grouped with "The Raid Leader" in non-torunament PVE content FOR LIFE".

A: Does the "Raid Leader" himself get this +1 as well?

B: How about more than one "Raid Leader" being part of that group? A Raid consists of "myself" and two friends. What if all of us would have pledged high enough to enjoy the perks of the "Raid Leader"-Tier? Is it +3 cards in the opening hand for everyone then?

Thanks a lot for the clarification :)

Mehlo
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
As an add on question, with the raid leader's blessing card, will there be multiple copies for everyone if there are multiple raid leaders?

Shaqattaq
05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
The Raid Leader does get the +1 card, and that power does stack. So, if you have 3 Raid Leaders in the group, each player will have 10 cards.

The constant does not stack. Each palyer only gets one of the Raid Leader's Blessing. We're cheering for you good guys to win and banish the evil from Entrath, but the raid bosses might go on strike if we tipped the scales that much in your favor. =)

Lefto
05-24-2013, 01:27 PM
Hmmm, this may sound silly but does the Raid Leader Bonus only work while in raids (as the title implies after all) or they also get the bonus while doing solo dungeons? I think the general understanding is that it only works in raids, which in turn might explain why it's such an unpopular Tier.
However if that's not the case, please clarify it, so that maybe more people will consider going for Raid Leader.
Cheers

Erebus
05-24-2013, 01:32 PM
I was wondering the same Lefto.

It states in non-tournament PVE content.

This implies raid or non-raid.

Digital_Aether
05-24-2013, 01:34 PM
It's been stated elsewhere (I forget where, but it was official) that no, the raid leader bonuses only work in raids, and do not work in dungeons.

Turtlewing
05-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Hmmm, this may sound silly but does the Raid Leader Bonus only work while in raids (as the title implies after all) or they also get the bonus while doing solo dungeons? I think the general understanding is that it only works in raids, which in turn might explain why it's such an unpopular Tier.
However if that's not the case, please clarify it, so that maybe more people will consider going for Raid Leader.
Cheers

"non-tournament PvE" would most likely include dungeons.

My question is: "does this mean there will be PvE tournaments? and if so how will they work?"

Lefto
05-24-2013, 01:51 PM
It's been stated elsewhere (I forget where, but it was official) that no, the raid leader bonuses only work in raids, and do not work in dungeons.

If that is indeed the case, i seriously wish they changed it, if only to boost the demand for the Raid Leader tier at KS. Unless ofc they feel that it would be game-breaking to have such a bonus at solo Dungeons.
Oh well, thanks for the replies people ;)

Madican
05-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Raid Leader and Guild Master should honestly have been one tier, with a splash of Dungeon Crawler maybe.

Lefto
05-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Raid Leader and Guild Master should honestly have been one tier, with a splash of Dungeon Crawler maybe.

Actually merging the GM and RL tiers would make a lot of sense now that you mention it. Hell, i mean usually at an MMO the GM is, in fact, also leading the main raid of a guild :)

Turtlewing
05-24-2013, 02:03 PM

Guild Master should have had the ability to give out beta invites with the pack codes (instead of just being 90 extra packs).

Raid Leader is probably good value, the problem is the community hasn't really grasped the MMO side of things yet so the concept that there might be entire guilds who's main goal is to do raids (like there are in WoW) hasn't really sunk in.

Madican
05-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Well we still don't know the extent of what kind of rewards will be gotten from PvE, so there's that too.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 02:23 PM
My problem is say you have 3 RL and you get 10 cards. Max hand size says if you can't play 3 you're discarding down at the end of turn, unless I'm missing something.

Digital_Aether
05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Nope, you're not missing anything Talreth. That has been mentioned before. Choose the best ones you can't play? Hopefully you'll only need to discard 1.

dogmod
05-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Free mulligans anyone ;o

Talreth
05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Nope, you're not missing anything Talreth. That has been mentioned before. Choose the best ones you can't play? Hopefully you'll only need to discard 1.

Kinda sucks :\

Xexist
05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Kinda sucks :\

If its like magic and you can play cards from your graveyard, getting some cards into the graveyard early could be helpful actually. For certain decks anyways.

Talreth
05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
If its like magic and you can play cards from your graveyard, getting some cards into the graveyard early could be helpful actually. For certain decks anyways.

True, if you're playing a blood deck. They seem to have the most graveyard manipulation atm.

Melfion
05-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Do not forget about the Cardboard Tube Samurai's special ability. His level 15 removes the maximum hand limit!

Turtlewing
05-24-2013, 02:39 PM
My problem is say you have 3 RL and you get 10 cards. Max hand size says if you can't play 3 you're discarding down at the end of turn, unless I'm missing something.

That is accurate but they've said the bonus can be turned off. So you should be able to avoid this with a little planning ahead.

Also long term the odds of multiple raid leaders being in one group would likely be low (especially if it doesn't get a huge popularity boost)

jai151
05-24-2013, 02:48 PM
True, if you're playing a blood deck. They seem to have the most graveyard manipulation atm.

Diamond seems to have a bit with the graveyard inspire card

Madican
05-24-2013, 02:49 PM
I would hope Diamond has graveyard manipulation considering it's how Necrotic are even made.

nicosharp
05-24-2013, 02:58 PM
The Raid Leader tier has the lowest perceived value out of all the $250 tiers.

The lack of knowledge of how hard raids are, how long they take to complete, and the quantity and quality and net value the loot raids produce will be makes the leap into that tier very questionable.

Having an extra card in your hand at the start of game is a huge advantage... but how often will players be raiding? IMO, this tier is just a way of an extra 1,000 people getting free draft once a week, for a year.

Tyrfang
05-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Well, worst case scenario, the Raid Leader's Blessing x3 allows you to mulligan up to two times for 'free'.

I'd like to know if the Raid Leader's Blessing affects you while fighting player-made raid decks.

Erebus
05-24-2013, 05:11 PM
I went Grand King because I couldn't decide between Raid Leader and Pro.

I love the WoWTCG raid decks and figured I would be spending most of my PVE time in Raids.

Corpselocker
05-24-2013, 08:46 PM
I think anyone with Raid Leader gets a +5 Sword of Popularity when we hit beta.