PDA

View Full Version : Question :Alternate Art, EA and Foils

Fireblast
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
When you get an Alternate Art version of a card, this happens to all occurence of the card that you own or only that one?

Same question for EA and Foil

If it happens for each occurence, when you trade it, the card remains AA/EA/Foil or it gets reseted/to the condition the new owner already has?

~

Shaqattaq
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Each card is unique, so you unlock those features individually per card. And when you trade for a card, it keeps all its previous experience and features. We think this is incredibly engaging and provide even greater depth in the TCG space for collectors, traders, and players.

kirkwb
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Cards also hold a History, so a World Champion can trade away the cards he played in his Championship deck and they would retain the Trophy, adding a new wrinkle for Collectors. I think this is cool...

Fireblast
05-08-2013, 04:58 PM
Once you've EA'd/Foiled a card, you just replace it with a blank one to further work on your EA/Foil playset, this seems counter-intuitive to me :/

Althought I get the point that farmers could just upgrade cards to trade them in the AH.

Thanks for the quick answer!

~

Fireblast
05-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Cards also hold a History, so a World Champion can trade away the cards he played in his Championship deck and they would retain the Trophy, adding a new wrinkle for Collectors. I think this is cool...

Since achievements are on the card's DOUBLE BACK and are tradable, will there also be account level achievements ?

~

OP_Kyle
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes, there are card, account, and guild achievements.

Soken
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Oh i never thought about that. Thats really cool.

Fireblast
05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Will there be a feature to don't show the foiling of a card ?

Via graphic's settings for all cards?

~

OP_Kyle
05-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Yes, you can turn off foil and/or extended art on your cards. There are robust settings where you can manage all this.

Fateanomaly
05-09-2013, 04:02 AM
So for the kickstarter alternative art card, do you actually get a copy of the card or do you need to get the original card first to apply it?

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 05:49 AM
It's a unique card, that has same name, same power, but different art :)

~

Fateanomaly
05-09-2013, 09:27 AM
That doesn't really answer my question though. Do we get a copy of the actual card when we pledge the appropriate level or do we just get a option to change the art of the card?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 09:32 AM
That doesn't really answer my question though. Do we get a copy of the actual card when we pledge the appropriate level or do we just get a option to change the art of the card?

You get an actual different card with it's own collector's number that is different from the normal versions of the card.

theophanya
06-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Here's a thought! If I have maxed a Raptor of mine, wouldn't it be cool (while I really mean forgiving for the player) to transfer XP onto other Raptors in the deck when say it deals damage?