PDA

View Full Version : Android / IOS plans?

Venom_424
05-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey there Cryptozoic!

So this game is going to be great and I'm almost ready to pledge to kickstarter and annoy all my friends till they do too, I just had some questions.

If this gets going and becomes real could there be any plans in the future to let us play on our tablets or smartphones?
(I know first things first, but the idea of this game growing and becoming more accessible is kind of a big deal to me)

Thanks!

OP_Kyle
05-08-2013, 06:18 PM
The technology has been designed since day 1 to port to tablet/mobile. There will be some UI tweaks to do, but it won't be a difficult thing. Currently we are targeting iOS. I don't have anything firm to say on Android.

kirkwb
05-08-2013, 06:21 PM
The game is built in Unity 3D, so after the game gets going it's easy to buy the upgrades to export to almost any platform.

(If you wanted to get technical... I do Production graphics on Slot Machines, so I noticed the software they were using)

Venom_424
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
DONE & DONE Thanks for the quick response!

nekoangel
05-09-2013, 03:29 AM
i would really love it if it came to android, i know primarily you have developed for iOS in the past but there are just as many if not more android user compared to iOS and it would be a great step in production, ive seen people for years asking for android ascension etc and were only now getting it but once it was confirmed interest went through the roof on it.

Izhim_ur-Baal
05-09-2013, 07:44 AM
The game is built in Unity 3D, so after the game gets going it's easy to buy the upgrades to export to almost any platform.

(If you wanted to get technical... I do Production graphics on Slot Machines, so I noticed the software they were using)
Unity 3D above 4.0 or below ? I guess it's not Unity 3d webplayer, but some confirmation would be nice.
If 4+, it means linux port wouldn't be that hard to do (not that they will ever release it due to maintenance/bugs cost) and should run over wine.

i would really love it if it came to android, i know primarily you have developed for iOS in the past but there are just as many if not more android user compared to iOS and it would be a great step in production, ive seen people for years asking for android ascension etc and were only now getting it but once it was confirmed interest went through the roof on it.

TBF current android ecosystem is viewed as pita to develop on by us based companies. In eu, Android is way more widespread than iOS, but in us fruity os is way more successful.

There are many android devices with different socs, while you can count number of apple's socs on your fingers.

heatzz
05-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Android will get it's shares sooner or later, just a matter of time.