PDA

View Full Version : So Equipment...

S117
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM
...I am still a little fuzzy on...I read the Equip page on the site and came up with this:

1. Get equipment (Loot, Auction House, etc.)
2. Equip to your champion (Up to six)
3. Put corresponding cards in said champion's deck
4. Equipment affects those specific cards in the way they specify
5. Profit

If I'm understanding this right is it possible, then, for one equipment piece affect multiple cards?

BlueRider
05-08-2013, 10:23 PM
In the first set it's one card per equipment. But they're leaving themselves room to design sets of cards that all work with the same equipment.

cross09
05-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Equipment also can only be used in PVE and specific tournaments that allow PVE cards. Standard tournament play will not support equipment cards.

S117
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
Right I remember that they're only PVE...Sockets are both though right? Are there going to be rarities/loot drops for them or are there as many available as you need?

Clawdius
08-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Well after a fashion you can have one piece of equipment that affects multiple cards. For example if I have Shin'hare Militia in my deck, and use the Militia Marchers, and I also have Cottontail Recruiters in my deck then any Shin'hare Militia produced by any effect that would normally produce a Battle Hopper will benefit from the Militia Marchers.

Effectively there's definitely synergy between some gear and other gear, especially where good combos are concerned. Stink Boots and Provoker's Helm for example make the Stink Troll and Ambershire Instigator combo that much more effective, especially where Crushing Blow or Wild Aura are concerned as a combat trick. Since currently gear is only used in PVE (one day we'll get an anything goes PVP format but I don't believe we can at the moment) there are other applications for gear that play nicely together even though the equipment itself isn't directly affecting more than one unit.

To answer your question regarding sockets, everyone has access to all of the gems at the moment. I say at the moment, because with the advent of PVE it looks like we're going to get "Class Gems" that we can socket into our troops in PVE, based off of our character class. The "Warrior's Got Talent" update shows them having a minor gem that increases the chance of the training buff (at least +1 +1, potential for Speed, Swiftstrike and Steadfast depending on selected talents for affected troops, the 25% increase giving those units 75% chance to get the buff with the training grounds talent) being applied to that unit and a major gem that gives the ability "when this troop enters play it may battle target troop". As far as we know there are no plans to limit new forms of gems by making them drops, but that doesn't mean it's not a possiblity. Currently the only limits on gems is that only 4 units may be affected by a specific gem. For example if you use 4 Relics of Nulzaan with Minor Ruby of Flames you could not then use a Minor Ruby of Flames on any Sandstone Rumblers (and for a pure ruby deck would have to give the rumblers speed with minor ruby of ferocity, at least until the advent of class gems which are not affiliated with a shard).

Elwinz
08-31-2015, 11:29 AM
you ar respiding to thred which is older thna game itself.