PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

Fateanomaly
05-09-2013, 03:04 AM
1)Does each card need to be upgraded individually or are all of the same cards upgraded at the same time?

2)Are all cards obtainable via pve or will there be exclusive cards only obtainable by a few people? (not including kickstarter exclusives)

3)Are the kickstarters tradable?

4)How should i pledge if i wanted 4 copies of the kickstarter exclusive cards?

5)Doesn't some of the kickstarter cards sounds a little too OP?

6)On the off chance this game get ported to ipad/iphone, will they still use the same account as the pc one?

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 03:12 AM
1/ Each card is unique : http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23018

2/ All non-exclusive cards will be available in boosters, and it seems that PvE gives you ingame money which you can buy boosters with

3/ Kickstarter Exclusive cards will be tradable

4/ 2 accounts with Collector/Grand King+ (and you trade from one account to another)

5/ OPness in PVE is no problem, you'll just have easier time going thru content, as is true in WOW with heirloom stuff

6/ I don't see a reason why not :)

~

Storm_Fireblade
05-09-2013, 04:03 AM
Regarding question #2:

You will have several options of obtaining cards in this game. You can officially buy boosters, you can trade/buy cards and boosters in the auction house or directly from players and you will be able to gain cards from completing dungeons etc, as you can see here:

http://hextcg.com/game/dungeons-raids/

Check out the "Go For The Gold"-part :)

Fateanomaly
05-09-2013, 04:07 AM
2)So there will be exclusives? E.g. Card only obtainable from winning tournaments?

4)Can cryptozoic elaborate on this. So i need 2 kickstarter acct and 2 hex acct to do this?

Storm_Fireblade
05-09-2013, 04:12 AM
You will have to use two Kickstarter Accounts and donate for "The Collectors Tier" or anything above that twice, yes. After that you need to transfer all cards from one account to the other.

Kickstarter doesn't offer multiple tier rewards and the current tiers don't include anything that provides more than two of the exclusive kickstarter cards.

Daer
05-09-2013, 09:38 AM
As far as how trading works do both people need to be online at the same time? Like if I have an account and my brother has an account can I just send him some cards whenever or does he have to be online? Is there friends list? What about in a guild, say I have a bunch of commons I don't want, can I just put them in the guild bank for anyone in the guild to take?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 09:48 AM
As far as how trading works do both people need to be online at the same time? Like if I have an account and my brother has an account can I just send him some cards whenever or does he have to be online? Is there friends list? What about in a guild, say I have a bunch of commons I don't want, can I just put them in the guild bank for anyone in the guild to take?

1) There is a mail system, so you can just mail things to people that are offline.
2) Friends list = Yes!
3) Guild Bank = Yes, not sure if there will be a common pool to access, but there will be common decks. Let me explain:

Guildies will be able to create decks and put them into the guild bank (I believe there are a limited number of slots). Any guild member will then be able to "check them out" and play them against other guild members (can't play them against non-guild members or in tournaments). Think of this like a "gauntlet" where you put all the best decks in the current format in there, then you and your guildies test out all your decks against the guild decks to see if your strategies are working. We want to make sure deck testing is easy and intuitive for you.

You won't be able to trade the cards in these decks, and the original owner can check them back out for good or just to modify them. Also, only one person can have one of these checked in decks in a game at a time.

Lastly, we are also thinking of some way for guilds to gain the ability to have the top decks of major tournaments populated into their deck repository to play against.

Storm_Fireblade
05-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Kyle, since you already are asking questions about the guild-bank. Will it be possible to put a deck into the guild bank and then play against this deck without another player using it? It says HERE (http://hextcg.com/game/overview/) "Advanced, cutting edge AI will challenge players of all skill levels while still being accessible."

It would be amazing to be able to let the AI use a selfmade deck and play against it, thereby testing two decks at once or having the AI play a tournament deck, you are struggling against, over and over again until your own deck is polished enough.

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 09:56 AM
Kyle, since you already are asking questions about the guild-bank. Will it be possible to put a deck into the guild bank and then play against this deck without another player using it? It says HERE (http://hextcg.com/game/overview/) "Advanced, cutting edge AI will challenge players of all skill levels while still being accessible."

It would be amazing to be able to let the AI use a selfmade deck and play against it, thereby testing two decks at once or having the AI play a tournament deck, you are struggling against, over and over againt until your own deck is polished enough.

We have discussed that, but it may not be something we do at launch.

Storm_Fireblade
05-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the answer. Glad to hear you guys at least considered it already. That does let me hope for the future or maybe even one of the stretch goals :)

DapperDave
05-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Lastly, we are also thinking of some way for guilds to gain the ability to have the top decks of major tournaments populated into their deck repository to play against.

Maybe have that be something the guild needs to unlock together- kind of like guild achievements from WoW.

Devaux
05-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Guildies will be able to create decks and put them into the guild bank (I believe there are a limited number of slots). Any guild member will then be able to "check them out" and play them against other guild members (can't play them against non-guild members or in tournaments). Think of this like a "gauntlet" where you put all the best decks in the current format in there, then you and your guildies test out all your decks against the guild decks to see if your strategies are working. We want to make sure deck testing is easy and intuitive for you.

This is... Yeah... This is sweet. Would two players be able to check out the same deck at the same time?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 11:36 AM
This is... Yeah... This is sweet. Would two players be able to check out the same deck at the same time?

Only one person can have a deck checked out at a single time. But you could put multiples of the same deck in the guild bank right?

Devaux
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Only one person can have a deck checked out at a single time. But you could put multiples of the same deck in the guild bank right?

I mean yeah you could. I was just wondering because if you have a group testing for a tournament then a) it would be convenient for multiple people to be able to use the same deck in different games and b) you'd have to test the mirror right?

Anyway, this is like stupid awesome. On the subject of guilds, down the line could you see guild leagues happening?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I mean yeah you could. I was just wondering because if you have a group testing for a tournament then a) it would be convenient for multiple people to be able to use the same deck in different games and b) you'd have to test the mirror right?

Anyway, this is like stupid awesome. On the subject of guilds, down the line could you see guild leagues happening?

We'll have guild leagues for sure, but now you got me thinking about guild-only tournaments...!!!!

Devaux
05-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the limit to only lending out one copy at a time something that the infrastructure limits or a limit thats being imposed for a specific reason?

Sorry to pester you about such nitty things. It just all seems so cool!

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the limit to only lending out one copy at a time something that the infrastructure limits or a limit thats being imposed for a specific reason?

Sorry to pester you about such nitty things. It just all seems so cool!

It is the way it currently is designed. I've made a note and we'll revisit this topic. Thanks!

Socks4615
05-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Let's say you put a deck in the guild bank and 5 of your guildmates play against it. 3 of them win, 2 lose. Would you be able to see those stats, along with who won playing against it to be able to better tweak that specific deck?

Daer
05-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Looking at the cards is there an easy way to tell if it is a PVE or PVP card? If it has been mentioned already I missed it and can't seem to tell just by looking at the cards.

C-Drive
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Looking at the cards is there an easy way to tell if it is a PVE or PVP card? If it has been mentioned already I missed it and can't seem to tell just by looking at the cards.

I'd like to know this one too.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
It's been mentioned, though I don't remember which thread it was in. There will be a clear visual marker for PvE-only cards, it's just not in the current template yet.

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 12:48 AM
since we are speaking of checking in decks into the guild bank .
let's say I have deck A) , a deck full of rares and epics but I have only so many of those cards , not 8 of each .
can I check in the deck 2 times or more into the guild bank so that more players get to test it ?
asking this because even if I will be in a huge guild , chances are not many players will have 4x each good card to make multiple of same deck that is mostly rare-epic .

since it's a digital game , I assume there would be no disatvantage at allowing for "cloning' your deck multiple times for testing purposes ... one of the things I hated in other TCGs was the "you have 4 of this rare card , but if you want to have 2 decks using it , better get working and get 8 x_X "
this sounds so counterintuitive for an online game ... especially since you're not going to be able to play the 2 decks at the same time anyway xD

Blare731
05-11-2013, 12:59 AM
It was been expressed that they will revisit whether or not decks will be able to be checked out more than once inside the guild to test. And I think they also expressed interested in the idea of allowing you temporary full card list for building test decks for meta game and so that with that testing you can start building your personal decks accordingly.

I believe that the meta-testing was suggested in the Stretch Goal Ideas (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23116) thread, and the guild deck checkout I can't find atm. It is somewhere >.> <.<

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 01:19 AM
I hope it does go that way. Until today, I have been overlooking the guild aspect of this game, and now that its dawned on me what it could entail, I am REALLY looking forward to it.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 03:46 AM
The guild aspect is one of the most interesting features HEX offers, in my opinion. Personally I made the decision to move all my TCG-play into the digital world and HEX is going to be my home. I don't want to miss out on the community feeling a local store provides and a robust guild system is able to provide me with some of that feeling in a digital TCG world :)

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 04:45 AM
It was been expressed that they will revisit whether or not decks will be able to be checked out more than once inside the guild to test. And I think they also expressed interested in the idea of allowing you temporary full card list for building test decks for meta game and so that with that testing you can start building your personal decks accordingly.

I believe that the meta-testing was suggested in the Stretch Goal Ideas (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23116) thread, and the guild deck checkout I can't find atm. It is somewhere >.> <.<

I really hope they make this feature .
one of the best things I did before somewhat big tournaments back when I was playing wow tcg was making some proxies of cards , and tested until I reached a satisfying deck , then I went on and got the cards needed

my suggestion to this would be to make it a guild master perk to have free access to that (and for other guilds without a guildmaster , they should be able to unlock it via some achievment )

benczi
05-17-2013, 02:35 AM
1) There is a mail system, so you can just mail things to people that are offline.
2) Friends list = Yes!
3) Guild Bank = Yes, not sure if there will be a common pool to access, but there will be common decks. Let me explain:

You won't be able to trade the cards in these decks, and the original owner can check them back out for good or just to modify them. Also, only one person can have one of these checked in decks in a game at a time.

Hello,
just wanted to say that while I think that having guild leagues and all might be fun, the real advantage of a guild bank would be to be able to use cards that I don't own in official tournaments. and getting those cards easy and if I change my mind about what to play in the next tournament, i can just pick out the next deck, and not have to go though all the trading and stuff.