PDA

View Full Version : Pay Model?

MaximumSquid
05-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Maybe it was listed somewhere, but I did not see it. . .

Obviously you can buy packs, starter decks, tournament tickets, cosmetics/alt-art/sleeves. . .
. . . but will there be alternatives?

cross09
05-09-2013, 10:15 AM
There is no subscription for the game.

That being said, spending any real money will be entirely optional. When you create a new account, you will be given a Starter Deck that you can use to play with and you will earn more cards via PVE play. You will also be able to purchase cards via the in-game auction house using in-game currency without spending a dime.

heatzz
05-09-2013, 10:18 AM
I just hope that there will not be a paywall in PvE contents like some games in IOS/Androids.

Hopefully we can grind all we want but definitely slower than those that pay for booster.

MirriCatWarrior
05-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I just hope that there will not be a paywall in PvE contents like some games in IOS/Androids.

Hopefully we can grind all we want but definitely slower than those that pay for booster.

If buying boosters will be optional (like in real life TCG... for 'casual' playing ofc) and we can play through whole game content without 'forced' payments i will be more than happy and definitely i will buy some boosters/decks each week/month (especailly if the price 10$ per deck and 2$ per booster is final).

If game will be forcing payments like most F2P games it will be not so great. I hope this is not hte case. I dont have problems with spending money on best cards or boosters (i know how TCGs work) but i definitely have problem with 'paywalls' in F2P games. :)

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 11:04 AM
There is no paywall in HEX :-)

Booster packs is the way to grow your collection.

We will also be offering a soft subscription model that, for a small monthly fee, will get you 1 booster per week. All for the low cost of $4 USD per month. So yea, you get twice the value in just boosters. You don't have to have the subscription, but seems like a good value :-)

MirriCatWarrior
05-09-2013, 11:18 AM
ohh nice :) This 'soft-sub model' looks awesome too.
Im very pleased that at last we will have digital TCG with not only great quality and mechanics but also reasonable priced (i find ridiculous that digital cards cost the same like normal/paper ones in most online TCG games).

Thx for reply.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 07:51 PM
I assume as new sets come out, you get to pick your preferred weekly booster?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 07:53 PM
I assume as new sets come out, you get to pick your preferred weekly booster?

Yarp!

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Shall I just hand you my wallet at this point?

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't get people that expect to play a free game and unlock all the cards eventually free.

Do you go hang around your local store and offer to sweep the store or something for free packs? Its free for the client but its pay2play if you want to compete. As i said before they are not saving the Manatees, they are trying to run a profitable company and pay peoples salaries.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Ok, I think you misunderstood my meaning.

Its similar to "throwing money at the screen". At this point, im so excited that I wish to reduce my workload, and just hand them my wallet.

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 08:50 PM
I was not talking to you WW, i know the saying.

Just my big pet peeve. Free to play is a business model to make money, its not a charity. Common sense should dictate that in a TCG game you are going to invest money to play.

Spend money it allows them to keep developing and adding new things to the game for us.

Plus Corey can quit hooking on the street hah.

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Did he say he didnt like it? Looked pretty into it to me =p

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Spend money it allows them to keep developing and adding new things to the game for us.

Plus Corey can quit hooking on the street hah.

I would pay quite a bit of money to never ever have to see that again :P