PDA

View Full Version : Card Rarities in Booster Pack?

MirriCatWarrior
05-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Maybe im blind but i dont see this anywhere... i know the price (2$), i know the overall card count (15) but i dont see how many cards will be in booster pack per rarity tier...

??

11/3/1 like in MTG or what?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Maybe im blind but i dont see this anywhere... i know the price (2$), i know the overall card count (15) but i dont see how many cards will be in booster pack per rarity tier...

??

11/3/1 like in MTG or what?

11 commons
3 uncommons
1 rare (or a chance at a legendary)
Plus a little something awesome extra!

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Will there be "basic" resources in boosters and starters or are these "free" and not wasting booster space as they are in some paper TCG today?

~

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Will there be "basic" resources in boosters and starters or are these "free" and not wasting booster space as they are in some paper TCG today?

~

Gems and resources are free and unlimited. You just add them to your deck in deck creation.

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Gems and resources are free and unlimited. You just add them to your deck in deck creation.

That's true for draft.

For constructed I'm guessing the gems have to be collected, but the resources are free or opened in boosters/starters?

~

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
That's true for draft.

For constructed I'm guessing the gems have to be collected, but the resources are free or opened in boosters/starters?

~

Gems and resources are free and unlimited.

You don't have to collect them for Constructed
You don't have to collect them for PvE
You don't have to collect them for Limited
You don't have to collect them for PvP

Ok, I tried some kind of Dr. Seuss thing and failed miserably.

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:22 PM
That part in the draft article doesn't make sense then:

ADDITIONAL RULES
• In addition to basic resources, each of the gems that can be socketed into socketable cards will also be made available in unlimited quantity to each player in the draft. At the end of the draft however, you will not be allowed to keep these gems.

Anyway, good news :)

~

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
That part in the draft article doesn't make sense then:

Anyway, good news :)

~

Yea, that is old functionality that has changed since it got written up for the web site. I'll get it changed. Thanks.

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
What would be nice tho is to unlock better gems with some achievements or something (maybe not for PvP to let new players catch up and be able to compete in tournaments thanks to buying decks from AH)

~

Blare731
05-09-2013, 12:32 PM
What would be nice tho is to unlock better gems with some achievements or something (maybe not for PvP to let new players catch up and be able to compete in tournaments thanks to buying decks from AH)

~

I'll be honest it does seem to take some of the fun away, not that it won't be nice to have everything at once, but it is like equipment in a way. Part of the fun is hoping to get that gem you want so you can amplify the cards damage and part of the struggle of knowing where to place your first gems.

Daer
05-09-2013, 01:28 PM
So what are some things the little treasure chests in the booster packs can have in them? :)

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 05:06 PM
11 commons
3 uncommons
1 rare (or a chance at a legendary)
Plus a little something awesome extra!

... Ok, that little something awesome extra has me WAY to curious.

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
You should put fortunes in boosters, like fortune cookies, with random assortments of cool messages or flavour text.

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 05:31 PM
You should put fortunes in boosters, like fortune cookies, with random assortments of cool messages or flavour text.

Ah hahahahahahahaha!!! DONE AND DONE!

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Argh, now I really want to pledge at king level, then you can quote me in the credits for it! (Quote me as "Insane guy who wants the devs to spend time on things they wont be appreciated for, except by the rare few")

Fellcaster
05-09-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm curious what having entirely free basic resources means for the rest of the game in terms of having more rare resource types. Will there be resource cards that provide 2 sapphire when played, or provide a sapphire and a wild? Is playing multiple colors even possible?!

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm curious what having entirely free basic resources means for the rest of the game in terms of having more rare resource types. Will there be resource cards that provide 2 sapphire when played, or provide a sapphire and a wild? Is playing multiple colors even possible?!

Let me rephrase... Basic Resources are entirely free. There will be some non-basic resources.

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Will there be any non basic resources in the base set?

Malama
05-09-2013, 08:30 PM
What are the colour codes for the rarities? I would like to know what rarity the pvp cards we can get from the kickstarter are.

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 09:03 PM
What are the colour codes for the rarities? I would like to know what rarity the pvp cards we can get from the kickstarter are.

White = Common
Green = Uncommon
Blue = Rare
Red = Legendary
Orange = Promo

Boojum
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM
And I assume Grey = "Tokens" or cards that get created by something else rather than going in your deck or collection.

On a related topic, is there any visual indicator on the PvE-only cards? I didn't see any obvious difference when comparing them.

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 09:14 PM
And I assume Grey = "Tokens" or cards that get created by something else rather than going in your deck or collection.

On a related topic, is there any visual indicator on the PvE-only cards? I didn't see any obvious difference when comparing them.

Yep, grey are "Created" cards. "Tokens" evokes a temporary feel, these are real cards (well "digital" real) that go to the discard when destroyed (and can be brought back). At the end of the game is when they go away (with the exception being the Black Tiger so we'll likely change that rarity). Sorry I missed this one in my list.

The PvE cards will have a symbol in the collector's information area to denote (and easily identify) they are from PvE. This is just missing from the current screenshots. They will have regular rarities as well.

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 09:16 PM
I think you should put random tickets in for a free draft set in the packs, I always thought a TCG should adopt the lottery style that sports cards seems to do. But some rare rewards in your packs to keep people buying them when they really don't need the cards anymore. Rare foil set of the block as a grand prize and other one of things.

Also maybe a slight discount price for a digital box with a promo card tossed in for buying 36 packs at once.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 09:51 PM
I personally would love to be able to open up a rare ticket that allowed me to redeem for a printed version of the card to be mailed to me IRL so I can slot it into a binder.

I love filling my binders with cards! (more a collector than a player. The saddest part is losing an actual real to touch collection of cards with the move to digitial!)

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 10:05 PM
My house is literally strewn with cards (I admit i'm kind of a slob). I draft a lot so i end up with waaaaay too many commons and such that i just dont care enough to organize, so they end up everywhere. Having them just be digital makes me so happy i could cry :P

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh I agree with that sentiment, but getting the card for the first time from a new set, and slotting it ceremoniously into the block folder I have got, watching the 9 slots slowly get filled over time, before finally having a complete set in the folder... Its like crack man. Seriously.

Malama
05-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Another question about rarities. What is the chance to get a legendary instead of a rare?

Fateanomaly
05-10-2013, 03:59 AM
How many of the 350 cards in set 1 are rares and above?

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Actually a good question. PLEASE dont be like WoW where there are more RARE items in game than UNCOMMON items. Keep Rares rare, legendaries legendary and Uncommon common!

alpha5099
05-12-2013, 08:22 PM
White = Common
Green = Uncommon
Blue = Rare
Red = Legendary
Orange = Promo

Is that right for red and orange? I thought it was the other way around. All the Kickstarter exclusive stuff (which I would think would fall under "Promo") has been red.

EDIT: Nevermind, realized I was wrong. Though now I'd like to know why the Kickstarter exclusive PvE cards aren't Promo rare.

nearlysober
05-14-2013, 10:11 AM
The PvE cards will have a symbol in the collector's information area to denote (and easily identify) they are from PvE. This is just missing from the current screenshots. They will have regular rarities as well.
Looks like some of the card previews on http://hextcg.com/rewards/ have been updated to show the little icon on the bottom of PVE cards.