PDA

View Full Version : AI Discussion

Blare731
05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
To start off, I know that it has been said that the AI is pretty good. Now I can imagine an AI that never makes a mistake and can make all the right decisions. Even learn from what their opponent is doing and countering.

The thing I'm most curious about is that even with a smart AI there is some luck to the cards, so can you get by clearing a supposedly hard fight by just pure dumb luck of the shuffle or does it work differently than that?

For instance, do the AI controlled fights have specific decks with a specific order that they draw every time you fight them?

:Edit

I know it seems like a very intuitive question.
"Of course the deck will be shuffled" - You say
So what happens if they draw 7 resources
"Then they will redraw" - You say

That's all well and good but what I was wondering really is there something, like letting the AI cheat somehow, that will make sure it is a certain difficulty?

Blare731
05-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Bump for bigger community from when I posted and I think that these are interesting questions. But maybe you don't want to answer Devs! Is that it!

Malama
05-10-2013, 11:44 PM
I think it's a good question. Whith this kind if game it might(will) happen sometimes if it's totaly random.

Jinuyr
05-11-2013, 12:00 AM
MTG's games on Steam seem to approach these two separately. One set of AI does the same thing each time while the other acts based on conditions, generally something that would appear to be what a player using some level of common sense would.

The only thing I'm hoping is that the AI doesn't cheat at a higher difficulty setting.

S117
05-11-2013, 12:00 AM
I doubt the AI will ned to cheat...it will probably have cards in thier deck that are unique to it and powerful enough to be a challenge...

As far as complexity? I dunno...my saying is Aritifical intelligence isn't...we'll see but I'm pretty sure it will be a blast anyway!