PDA

View Full Version : Beta Question

Soken
05-09-2013, 12:00 PM
How does the beta work. Do you keep all the equipment/cards you get during the beta, or does it do a reset?

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 12:03 PM
There will be multiple phases, early phases will get wiped, but you won't be spending anything. Later phases you'll keep what you purchase.

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Imho, there needs to be a phase where everyone gets everything to really test things out, and obviously it would have to be wiped afterwards :)

~

Blare731
05-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Not that I know much, but most beta's do not carry over. The only beta that I can think of off the top of my head that will is firefall (if it ever gets out of beta lolz). Anyway, I bet that in beta you will start off with some assortment of cards, whether it be an actual starter deck and maybe some boosters but if I had a guess you won't be spending money in the beta.

I don't know if people have forgotten or know what it meant to have a "beta". But usually the reason a company has a beta is to pre-test the servers, gameplay, and all mechanics to make sure it is working as perfect as it can be before launch, with as few bugs as possible. The beta is kind of as many people playing the game as the company desires looking for bugs. It was never intended to give a group of players an advantage when the game launches.

Though, I do realize that is changing, especially with MMO universe where getting people to play the game is very important to test the servers. A lot of companies now are giving some small incentive to participate.

EDIT: While I was typing this the other two responded.

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:09 PM
During League of Legends Beta, you could spend IRL money for champions / skins.
All that you acquired was kept as the game went live, only your levels got wiped.
(It was very quick to get to level 30 during Beta anyway)

~

Soken
05-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

Storm_Fireblade
05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
There will be multiple phases, early phases will get wiped, but you won't be spending anything. Later phases you'll keep what you purchase.

As soon as the later phases with the option to buy something start, is that the time when the kickstarter rewards are delivered as well? :)

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Any plans on maybe the $250 and up KS getting earlier access? Recently did internal testing with Camelot unchained because i love to get in as early as possible and help break and fix things :).

nearlysober
05-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't want to toot my own horn but... I am a professional software tester. *TOOT*!

But actually it makes BETA testing feel like work... I do enough testing all hours of the day at work :)