PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone

MMO_Unforgiven
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I must admit that I was thrilled a while ago when Blizz announced hearthstone. I was craving for a good online TCG/CCG. Now I was a little turned off by the simplicity of it all, but the polish and UI looked amazing. Now I stumble across Hex and get super excited. I see a nice UI and a game that blows hearthstone out of the water in feature comparisons. This got me wondering how much hearthstone is going to influence the future of Hex. I know Hex has been in development for at least 2 years. I wonder did they know hearthstone was coming? I wish both games all the best, but I know where I'll be most of the time. I hope to pull some hearthstoners with me :)

Fireblast
05-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Blizzard and CZE are not the same companies.

Hearthstone seems to only offer casual fun while HEX will also have a competitive aspect.

~

Blare731
05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Actually, I did the same thing as you. My friend suggested that we should play Hearthstone when it came out, and I was like oh hey that looks pretty good. It's simple, games are only supposed to last like 10 to 15 minutes thats nice. Honestly, though I saw this and I started to drool. I can't wait for Hex and I'm definitely bringing as many people as I can with me.

JMFD
05-09-2013, 12:31 PM
My thoughts exactly. I saw Heathstone and was very excited about having a new online TCG to play .. until I saw HEX. Now I am SUPER excited. I have been waiting for a card game like this for years upon years.

MMO_Unforgiven
05-09-2013, 01:08 PM
Blizzard and CZE are not the same companies.

Hearthstone seems to only offer casual fun while HEX will also have a competitive aspect.

~

Yup I know they aren't the same company. However, people in the industry talk and I was just curious is all.

Izhim_ur-Baal
05-09-2013, 01:19 PM
It's apples to oranges. Hearthstone is more like wowtcg and HEX is more like mtg. I personally want to try both, i'll even spend some euros on then after/if native linux client is released.

MaximumSquid
05-09-2013, 01:34 PM
"you got your Hearthstone thread in my Hex!"

"No. . . you got my hex thread in my Hearthstone!"

Eldryth
05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Personally, I'm super excited for both- about the same, but probably would be more for Hex if we had as many exciting sample battles. I used to love TCGs as a kid- still do, but don't have people to play with now. So when Blizzard announced they were making a big online CCG, it was hard not to be excited for it. I know there's the digital Magic versions, but MTGO is extremely expensive and Duels is just boring after a while because there's no collecting and deck building.

And now Hex comes along and combines TCGs with my other favorite genre (MMOs)? And from a company that really knows what they're doing and will have a great competitive focus- not to mention all of the announced stuff seems like they're doing it right! I didn't think anything could upstage Hearthstone and Wildstar for me, but this is getting there already. Really want to know more about dungeon crawls and raids- already glad to see the draft functionality. Still will play Hearthstone, but I had to pledge right away, and really want to make some quick money so I can up my tier.

Worth mentioning that I've been active a while on the Hearthstone forums (a surprisingly decent community, for a Blizzard game), and Hex is starting to get talked a bit there. Looks like everyone in the threads who read enough to see that it's actually free-to-play and that the Kickstarter stuff isn't really a huge competitive advantage is planning to try both- I posted a bit to clear up misconceptions about the business model and hopefully bring in some pledgers from there.

heatzz
05-09-2013, 06:43 PM
IMO Hearthstone are made for Blizzard/Warcraft Universal Fans & those who wanted ease and simplicity of playing TCG.

On mobile platform, you probably don't want to spent lots of time into playing a game.

Quite possible easy to pick up for kids and get them educated from the world of TCG for more in-depth TCG games like HEX or etc.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Hearhtstone really looks strategy lite, which ISNT what I look for in a TCG. However, for what it is, I find it really interesting. the gameplay looks fast and fun, so I am planning on giving it a try even though I am VERY disillusioned with Blizzard as a whole. I will try playing it, but they wont be getting much (if any) money from me.

I currently play another game called Infinity Wars, which is FULLY FUNDED AND DOESNT WANT ANY BACKER MONEY *winks at OP_Kyle* and are about to enter a public Beta. Its a very strategic game with turns that happen simultaneously, so you really need to try and think one step ahead of the opponent at all times. Its a completely unique TCG experience for me, and while I am not as excited about the cards over there as I am about the ones in Hex, the gameplay seems to trump Hexes, no question!

But then Hex has married the MMO longevity to the TCG genre, which gets kinda boring after you have ground out 5 or 6 games in a row, so Im really excited about this one too!

Id say I am most excited about Hex, because its shiny and new (and im gonna get my face comissioned into a piece of art! :D), but im equally captivated by Hex and IW. Then stuff like Scrolls and Hearthstone and whatnot are like blips on the radar for me to check out as curiosities.

Daer
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
It is a good time to be a TCG fan.

brockit
05-09-2013, 06:59 PM
When i first heard about Hex, Hearthstone was one of my first thoughts to come to mind. but i am more interested in the Hex IP, Warcraft has kinda ran its course for me.