PDA

View Full Version : Poor form Cryptozoiac

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Cryptozoiac has been very reasonable, and I understand the problem.

Miscommunicatiosn were had, problems were solved.

Good form Cryptozoiac.

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I agree, no company should be scared about talk off another product in the same genre. Stand tall with your product and welcome the fact that each new DTCG brings more new people into this genre.

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Given usual forum rules, it was more likely the linking of your youtube then the mention of the other game.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Except I didnt link to Youtube, I just mentioned the channel.

I jsut called Corey and spoke to him, and he apologised and said that wasnt Cryptozoiac's stance.

I understand the devlopers here wanna promote THIER game, and had I been contacted I would have refrained from talking about it further. But jsut outright deleting is kinda sad. But Corey assured me that its nto company policy, and just someone being protective of their hard work, which I can understand (if not entirely appreciate).

I changed my stance, getting to talk to a CEO about a minor grivance is an AMAZING way to create community support. *Disengages arms*

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 05:28 PM
That is awesome! I thought about calling him but imagine he was swarmed.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 05:38 PM
He apparently gets a lot of calls and hang ups! Or those who dont hang up never expected it to be him, so they dont have anything to say :P

He was great to talk to! Very friendly and approachable, and even took my critisicms well (and as you can see, successfully defused me). You should give him a call, he appreciates it and wants to hear from us I believe. I wonder if the number goes dead after the kickstarter though :P

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I doubt EU and other countries would be able to call that number, but do they have an email for the same job? Not a corporate email, but one they will be checking constantly - I would love to say thanks and give encouragement, in a more personal way than just a forum message.

OP_Kyle
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
I doubt EU and other countries would be able to call that number, but do they have an email for the same job? Not a corporate email, but one they will be checking constantly - I would love to say thanks and give encouragement, in a more personal way than just a forum message.

Cory actively likes to get calls in the middle of the night and you should feel free to call EU times

/ducks and updates his resume...

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Just talked to Ben, love the company and happy to be a backer! Can't wait to get rolling in beta!

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Im from Australia Xena. I had to figure out how to do international dialling (press +1 before you do his number, will get you to America. Which I guess does prove that America really is indeed, number 1)

Right now its 5:48 PM in America. Well, at least one of the zones in America, so it'd be a safe time to make the call (2 hours either way, so between 3:48 and 7:48 for him).

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 05:56 PM
Actually, not a good time for me, it is 3am here, if I make a phonecall people will murder me.

I will see what I can do, might call sometime in the week, are there any large calling charges though? I don't think it would be a good idea to spend more on a thankyou phonecall than my kickstart pledge! Haha.

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Im not sure, im on a prepaid contract, and my credit usually expires at the end of the month before I use it all up, so it was a non-issue for me. Could always try Skype though!

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 06:11 PM
I am sure they are happy with the day one results so far. Lets get this thing funded day 2!

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Or try google voice, it's how i do long distance