PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Garden

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:09 PM
What do you guys think about the Lotus Garden? The Lotus card? The lotus tiger?

I think its a great concept, but it seems tehre are going to be more people with it than without it at this rate. And for the cards themselves, I dont see them as being overly useful.

Still, I LOVE the idea. A stroke of genius IMO. I also enjoy having exclusive things :D

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:12 PM
On one end, the card is amazingly useful. It's magic's black lotus but better. It's a free card, an artifact, and can accelerate you out the gate to ridiculous levels. Imagine having 2 in your starting hand, and first turn dropping a 7 cost beater.

As far as more people having it then not, currently a little less then half of the kickstarter funders will have it, but like any kickstarter the game will grow past this small initial sampling and in the long run i would not be surprised if it was <1%

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:17 PM
Better than Black lotus? Im thought ti didnt give you resources, just thresholds?

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:18 PM
+3/0 resources, which is this games way of saying +3 mana for this turn only

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Well then! Im happier with it now! Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
plus the card draw, plus the threshold being permanent (From what i can tell), and plus the fairly good black tiger, it's like black lotus on steroids :P

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah, from a MtG view, it is SOOO OP, buuut... Banned for PvP, and it is literally one use per card, so you have to use them wisely. On the upside, if you find yourself with an excess, it will sell very well on the AH (which is why I am considering the King pledge, I have a feeling that if the game is a hit, the lotus will pay it all back on it's own, and more.)

Not to mention the art is pretty nice, and the tiger is just as amazing.

Think of the cards together for a moment - lotus, use the power for free mana, play the tiger - you just drew 2 cards and got a free monster, not to mention if you have other cards in your hand, you could use it for those instead. Plus that tiger can go in ANY deck, and is very nice for it's cost (no threshold cost and 3 mana for a free card and a 3/1 beater?)

Let's just say that the tiger alone would be enough if it was for PvP and not PvE, but both together is pretty amazing haha.

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Ya it looks pretty crazy.

The wild growth card in the bunny vs orc video looks familiar ha.

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
I also like the idea of playing 4 lotus in for example a deck with the dwarf mercenary. They essentially lower your deck size at that point and count as a couple extra artifacts, both really really good things. Plus that way they dont go pop

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Yeah, nothing wrong with fre draws, and if it uses some other Magic-esque rules later, permanents you can tap/exhaust can be really useful for some strats, and having free ones are better. For example, the artifact decks from about 5-6 years back (not sure exactly how long it was) would just splurge artifacts and use them to lower the costs of the higher monsters... The lotus would be godly in that sort of deck.

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Yea, and there are allready cards that do that. the research assistant has a 7 cost card draw-1 cost per artifact in play, etc. Dwarves seem bug on artifacts

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Affinity for Artifacts. *shudder*

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Exactly. It would be OP even without the other effects, it would be gamebreaking with both.

Definitely worth going for King tier, if I can afford it...

Socks4615
05-10-2013, 03:51 AM
King Tier is looking better and better all the time, between Spectral Lotus/Black Tiger, dinosaurs and monkey merc. (I might be a little silly 'cause I've been up all night, but all I can think is "tigers and raptors and monkeys, oh my!" Okay nevermind, I KNOW I'm a little silly now.)

I am pretty solidly in the camp of "Man, Spectral Lotus seems niiiiice, that Tiger's not too bad, esp. early on, and hey, if nothing else, can sell those on the AH for some monies!" Oh, but I just remembered something: if you outfit your Spectral Lotus with the equipment, do you then lose the equipment when it turns into the Black Tiger? Does the equipment return to your inventory or somesuch?

I mean, I like getting 2 health on top of the Lotus's other benefits, but hunting down the equipment, tossing it on there, and then losing it because Oops, no more Lotus seems kind of painful (depending on how difficult it is to get those pieces).

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Equipment is on your character, not the cards themselves. So you go looting dungeons and dragons, and you find the equipment and you wear it. All the cards you play while wearing the equipment that boosts them will be boosted. So you have 4 copies of the lotus? You dont need 4 legendary chest pieces, just the one, on your chest :)

Socks4615
05-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Equipment is on your character, not the cards themselves. So you go looting dungeons and dragons, and you find the equipment and you wear it. All the cards you play while wearing the equipment that boosts them will be boosted. So you have 4 copies of the lotus? You dont need 4 legendary chest pieces, just the one, on your chest :)

Thanks!

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 04:39 AM
Equips seem so nice...
Too bad you can only have 6.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 05:17 AM
I jsut wanna equip the heck out of Pack Raptor and Replicators Gambit and TELL MY CHILDREN TO FEAST!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Blare731
05-10-2013, 05:28 AM
Thought about that combo so much...

what if u replicators gambit a pack rapter.... then as soon as u play it again 6 are played at once... Is that 24 copies back in your deck?!?!? haha OP.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 05:50 AM
"Oh, you were trying to mill me to death? How quaint. Enjoy your meal, my children. Leave me his skull, I have need of an ashtray"