PDA

View Full Version : Building the Community

grey0one
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

I pledged in the Kickstarter and am really interested in this product. As Corry Jones said in his video, games like this are all about the community. What I really want is to help build it. In that line of thought, I’d like some tools to help build out the community. So here’s my thoughts on tools your player base can use to extend the community. Please add more ideas;

Things that can be done fast:
-Flyers flyers flyers: Have your PR department post a PDF promoting the game and Kickstarter. Makes it easy for us to describe to the people in our lives that are internet-insular. A good example is my friend’s father. He goes to the card shop and plays Magic™ with us, but does not use his computer much beyond e-mail. Having a PDF to push to him would help.

Things that can be done with some thought and a little time:
-Gift a Starter: Something in the $5-20 range that we can gift to our friends to get them started. Facebook’s Gift program would be an excellent medium to push this out. These also make great Kickstarter bonuses.

Things that can be done after release:
-Recruit-a-Gamer: basically the if-your-friend-buys-product-you-get-a-card deal. Bet money that someone has already thought that up.

-Grey

Xenavire
05-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Actually, on this topic, me and some friends are headed to gamescon in Germany later this year, and if none of the devs can attend, we were thinking of handing out flyers while we were there. Gamescon is pretty huge, so getting peoples attention while we are there can't hurt.

Any thoughts about this?

Mehlo
05-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Good point, even for little ones, there is a comicon coming up in orlando soon that i would be willing to pass out flyers or such

Ashenor
05-09-2013, 08:47 PM
That is a good idea guys.

I think it comes down to social networking. Get out there and talk to your friends, show them the kickstarter, explain why its going to be awesome.

grey0one
05-09-2013, 09:21 PM
That is a good idea guys.

I think it comes down to social networking. Get out there and talk to your friends, show them the kickstarter, explain why its going to be awesome.

That's what I plan to do. Bad new: evangelizing isn't my strong suit. Anything that can help with that would be appreciated.

grey0one
05-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Going out to my Comics and Card shop to play ascension and A Game of Thrones LCG. Any suggestions for pushing the idea of Hex before I go out?

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
I have no idea how Game of thrones is, but you will easily get the attention of any MMO enthusiasts and Magic players, so start there and workk your way around. Mention it is free to play PvE a lot too, it is going to be a big draw, if purely out of interest.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Dont pitch it like its some project. Just let your excitement speak for itself :)

I know im more inclined to check something out if my friends are excited about it, as opposed to if they sound like they are reciting lines!

Daer
05-11-2013, 09:03 AM
The press kit on the main site as a couple .pdfs with some basic info that you could print out.