PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Interactions

WWKnight
05-09-2013, 11:32 PM
If I were to Replicators Gambit a gemmed Troop, do all the copies share that gem? Or does the copy look at the base card?

ShaolinRaven
05-10-2013, 09:41 PM
I would hope that it would replicate the entire card including gems, but that might get tricky and overpowered quick, especially if you have a card with gems and it becomes ascended.

Which raises another question, if you replicate an ascended card, does it replicate the card at that level or the base level of the card?

Devaux
05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
I highly doubt any combo including replicator's gambit will be broken (in the absence of some other truly absurd way to abuse it).

The way they talk about it it seems that it will copy the card in whatever state it is currently in. Though thats speculation on my part.

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
If it's anything like MTG, such as Bloodline Keeper, when it enters any other zone after transformation it returns to it's normal face up version. Not saying that this is how HEX will have it, but considering this game is largely similar I wouldn't be surprised. I'd like to know the official rulings on this as well.

Devaux
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Part of the selling point of the game is that it can do things paper games cant like change cards and maintain those changes in invisible zones. I wouldn't count on the cards behaving anything like Bloodline Keeper.

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Cards transforming isn't limited to digital, which is why I used Bloodline Keeper and the official MTG rulings as an example. It's purely speculation and I offered a guess based off the closest example. Bloodline Keeper/Lord of Lineage can be shuffled into your library like any other card, the rulings state that it returns to its original face up card. Why would it being digital have anything to do with it?

Daer
05-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Some cards have abilities that say "Target troop gets permanent +3/+3". They said that the target card will keep this no matter where it goes, back in your hand, into your deck, the graveyard etc. I think it was mentioned in the how to play video.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I highly doubt any combo including replicator's gambit will be broken (in the absence of some other truly absurd way to abuse it).

The way they talk about it it seems that it will copy the card in whatever state it is currently in. Though thats speculation on my part.

Yeah I've been looking trust me, but it is not op at all. In fact it is exactly what the card is called a gambit or gamble. It has a great effect that can undoubtedly win games single handedly with many combinations with monsters. The gamble is that it is shuffled back into the deck, and since it is digital the computer will keep track of which one it is on the potentially 4 or more (in draft) of that card will actually get the effect. We know that the effect only pertains to that single card because of the equipment presented on the KS page that has the effect of turning 3 other cards in your deck with the same name to have ability to cast six at once.

They haven't showed anything but I'm assuming that there will be a way to tell which one is the one that the effect is activated on, so that you don't do a all in strat thinking you have the right card.

And so far I haven't seen or realized a way to be able to instantly get the applied card right to your hand.

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Actually, according to this (https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/446/363/c8448979c732994b5c6ccbf793e37baa_large.jpg?1363321 353) the transformed levels have casting costs as well. So depending on how the rulings are, I'm now thinking it will stay in it's transformed state because it can still be casted. Unlike Lord of Lineage which shows no casting cost on its transformed side.

Daer
05-10-2013, 10:23 PM
They haven't showed anything but I'm assuming that there will be a way to tell which one is the one that the effect is activated on, so that you don't do a all in strat thinking you have the right card.

I'm guessing it might actually add the text directly to the card affected, "When this card is played put 6 copies on the board."

Blare731
05-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm guessing it might actually add the text directly to the card affected, "When this card is played put 6 copies on the board."

That would make sense, but I mean some sort of aura as well just so there is no mistaking it.

ShaolinRaven
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Or they could just add the text "Mirrored" just like they have Rage, Swiftstrike, and such. That would also make it easy for them to add any effect on a card that is not a direct atk/def effect, so no matter what you add to a card if it keeps those modifiers they can add it into the description space of the card itself.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 02:46 AM
Oks o if I replicate a card that has a permanent change, it gets shuffled in with that change, right?

Anyone else planning on playing around with Petulant Wyldebeest and the Gambit? :D

Socks4615
05-11-2013, 03:04 AM
Anyone else planning on playing around with Petulant Wyldebeest and the Gambit? :D

...I am now. o_o

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 04:33 AM

Absolutely. Petulant Wyldebeest is in my opinion an incredible card. If nothing else blows my mind that much I'm going to use a set of those in my first deck for sure :D

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 04:55 AM
Absolutely. Petulant Wyldebeest is in my opinion an incredible card. If nothing else blows my mind that much I'm going to use a set of those in my first deck for sure :D

petulant beast is insanely powerful for the cost (1) xD
3/3 haste and after that becomes 6/6 , no reason not to play it .
though I guess some will say it's a 3 damage to hero burn spell , but I find it to be a lot more efficient than a burn spell .

also nature might have a lot of "your creature and opponents creature battle "
so I guess having huge stats is another huge bonus for that .

Devaux
05-11-2013, 06:27 AM
Actually, according to this (https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/446/363/c8448979c732994b5c6ccbf793e37baa_large.jpg?1363321 353) the transformed levels have casting costs as well. So depending on how the rulings are, I'm now thinking it will stay in it's transformed state because it can still be casted. Unlike Lord of Lineage which shows no casting cost on its transformed side.

An excellent point.

Oks o if I replicate a card that has a permanent change, it gets shuffled in with that change, right?

Yes the change lasts for the whole game no matter where it goes.

Its fine for some Sligh type deck but the damage has to be really worth it because you're still going down a card.