PDA

View Full Version : PvE - PvP Interaction

Priest
05-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Maybe I am completely wrong but from what I understand is this:

PvP cards can only be obtained from packs, drafts, etc

PvP cards can also be played in PvE, but PvE cards cant be played in PvP.

As someone who is a fairly competitive TCG player I look forward to the PvP aspect but what I thought differentiated this game from others was the MMO (PvE) aspect.

However, what I gathered is that you only gain PvE cards from playing PvE.

To me that is a huge concern as it provides little incentive to play PvE.

I dont expect to be getting tons of rares from every dungeon but I was hoping for some usable cards in PvP from raids.

I get that if everything works out that I should be able to sell my PvE cards for gold and buy PvP cards but what I for see happening is all the PvE cards being worthless/ unsellable.

Maybe I'm wrong but this is a big concern for me before I consider upgrading my pledge.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 06:40 AM
I am here only for the PvE content. The PvP game here doesnt interest me all that much, being a glorified Magic Clone. Not that thats a bad thing, its just I have been spoiled by the gameplay over at Infinity Wars, and as far as strategy gaming goes, I dont think it gets any better.

I know a lot of the testers in IW are complaining there isnt enough of a PvE game, and its been made clear not everyone is there for PvP, which is the main focus.

This experiences teaches me that one mans trash is another mans treasure. :)

icyangelus
05-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing, maybe there should be some exlcusive pvp cards that you can only obtain from defeating certain bosses and going on raids. I'll pllay the game regardless both the pvp and the pve but it would be nice to somehow give pvp oriented players an incentive to play the pve.

Priest
05-10-2013, 06:45 AM
I want to play PvE and PvP. I just feel that there is a huge separation between the two. Like either you're a PvP player or a PvE player with no overlap.

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 06:48 AM
There's overlap of the pvp cards, but as in WoW you have to farm PVE gear and PVP gear... :)

How I see it for myself, on weekdays depending on how late i get home from work i'll either farm pve for 1-2hrs or tourney for 3-4hrs

Then on week-ends i'll play weekly/monthly tourneys

~

Devaux
I can't seem to find the source but I believe Kyle said somewhere that for the purposes of simplicity in communication they want PvE material to come from playing PvE and PvP material to come from boosters and drafts. Thats a way simpler message than mixing where the rewards come from.

WWKnight
@Priest - Im certainly both. Its just the that PvP in this game doesnt interest me. If I want that, I can go to the local and play with the giant collection I have already established.

icyangelus
05-10-2013, 06:51 AM
There's overlap of the pvp cards, but as in WoW you have to farm PVE gear and PVP gear... :)

How I see it for myself, on weekdays depending on how late i get home from work i'll either farm pve for 1-2hrs or tourney for 3-4hrs

Then on week-ends i'll play weekly/monthly tourneys

~
If your talking about equipment i believe thats pve only if not then I believe thats incentive enough to play the pve. I would love for equipment to be available in pvp it seems to give you a unique way to modify your deck. For example two people could be playing the same exact deck but playing in a different manner do to equipment.

Priest
05-10-2013, 06:55 AM
I just dont see why PvE has 0 PvP drops.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Its to help new players differentiate. I personally dislike hand holding, but I dont see like its such a big deal. Maybe later on down the track, they will revisit the idea. Make earlier dungeons reward PvE only, and some higher tier ones reward a chance for PvP cards. *shrug*

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 07:20 AM
I think at some point they should off a trade-in feature, swap certain rare PvE cards for less powerful PvP cards, bridging the gap without making PvE players have an advantage.

Casual fights can use anything, including equipment, so guildies could prepare for raids etc by borrowing a deck and testing it against someone with the equipments they want, etc.