PDA

View Full Version : Holy Trinity of MMO's

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 10:04 AM
The Tank, the DPS and the Healer.

Will these roles be present in this game?

I'd love to have a Princess Victoria/Lady Cassandra deck that allowed me to gain a bunch of life, with other spells that allowed me to filter my life total to my teammates during a raid.

Likewise, I'd love to have a bunch of damage reduction constants in effect, while I kept a bunch of defenders to protect my allies from the bosses attacks!

Will we be able to construct our decks to fulfill MMO archetype playstyles?

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Bump for response please!

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Using MTG as an example, you would most certainly be able to create decks built around those roles. A lifegain deck for healers, Walls/tokens for tanks to block, and Haste and direct damage deck for DPS. And these could all be used in unison in a 3v1 match.

I'd like to know how the classes we create would affect this though, as it could make these roles even more in-depth.

ShaolinRaven
05-10-2013, 09:19 PM
I think it would be interesting to be able to adopt a trinity type system if you have friends or a guild you PvE with regularity I would also hope that this would not be needed for a quick match or random party match for the party based PvE so that even if you had all of one class, it would be more about decks and play style.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah, certainly not needed for victory. CERTAINLY not needed for party making. Just a nice way to customise and have a healing deck, or a tanking deck.