PDA

View Full Version : Customizable Tier Rewards

Kami
05-10-2013, 10:40 AM
For those of us backing with Dragon Lord Tier or higher, what are the conditions for the Vanity Card, Custom Deck Sleeves, Dungeon Theme, and Custom Card?

Since these involve creative design, I'm curious how much leeway we have and whether it's problematic if we're not great at well... being creative/descriptive or knowledgeable about the process?

1. Vanity Card

Currently states: "At the start of your turn, gain 1 health. <something something something>. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to target <something something> turn."

- Could you clarify what the card says?
- Will this be available to everyone or just the one it was created for/with? (i.e. one-of-a-kind)
- Does it have to be our likeness or can it be based off an avatar?
- Could it be themed, like Coyotle-style or Shin'Hare-style, etc.?
- What can we do with it in-game?
- Additional things we should know about it?

2. Custom Deck Sleeves

- Will this be available to everyone or just the one it was created for/with? (i.e. one-of-a-kind)
- Will everyone be able to see it or is it client/account-side only?
- Are these animated at all?

3. Dungeon Theme

- Will this directly influence the storyline?
- (Admittedly, can't think of many questions for this one.)

4. Custom Card

Currently states: <No idea - Too blurry>

- Could you clarify what the card says?
- Is this custom card playable?
- Will it be used in PvE and/or PvP?
- Will it be balanced?

5. Other

- Any chance of those with Vanity Cards to somehow make cameos in the PvE story? (This would be awesome and would give some depth to those cards! *lol*)
- Do we have to use our real name in the credits?
- Will names in credits be sorted by Tier?
- Additional things we should know, in general?

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Just a note, i think the format for the vanity card is the same as the raid leader card, so might be filler art

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 04:07 PM
The Vanity card will be anythign you want it, basically. You tell them what you want the art to be, and it willbe included in a card in an upcoming set. It can be from another race, it can be of your face, it can be anything you want (within the limits of the game and target audience)

Kami
05-10-2013, 04:09 PM
The Vanity card will be anythign you want it, basically. You tell them what you want the art to be, and it willbe included in a card in an upcoming set. It can be from another race, it can be of your face, it can be anything you want (within the limits of the game and target audience)

Is that actually from a source somewhere? So does this mean Vanity Cards are available to everyone?

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 04:16 PM
To me they are like players invitationnal cards.
Some heroes in WOWTCG are player's (who won some tourneys).

It would be a card named WWKnight (or whatever he chooses) with powers he has helped design.

~

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 08:06 PM
No, I dont get any hand in what the card does. I just get my likness or whatever I want put in the art. The source is a comment on the Kickstarter page when I backed. I dotn feel like drudging through those though, sorry.

Kami
05-10-2013, 08:15 PM
I found the comment but I don't think the response was from Cryptozoic. Seemed like it was just another backer speculating.

Hopefully we get some clarification, I mean, I'd chip in regardless but more news is always better than less. :P

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 08:16 PM
I think the only 'Design a card' tier was the producer. I think the likeness might just be the art, although I doubt the devs would mind a little suggestion here or there about what kind of card the person should belong on.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I think the only 'Design a card' tier was the producer. I think the likeness might just be the art, although I doubt the devs would mind a little suggestion here or there about what kind of card the person should belong on.

The vanity card I believe is the just the Looks card. I would hope that Design your card is actually making a playable usable card that they will have to balance into the game. Something like 7/7 1 resource will probably be amended to something more reasonable like 7/7 5 resource or 4/4 3 resource with affect: after certain # of turns without leaving the field of play add a permanent 3/3 token or something. AND you get to design the art, race, class, looks. I mean it is $10,000 we are talking about here.