PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the account level kickstarter rewards

Hibbert
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone. Hex is shaping up to be the "Shandalar"(if anyone remembers the old Microprose M:tG game) MMO I've been wanting for years. Some of the upper tiers of rewards are pretty tempting, though I have some questions.

1. Does the Guild Master exp buff require the player to be the guild leader of his guild, or just a member or officer? This seems like a nice perk, but I have no interest in dealing with the headaches of being in charge of a guild. If it does apply to non-guild leaders, will the exp buff stack with multiple enabled accounts in the same guild(this could get really silly if there was a membership capped guild full of guild master accounts :) )?

2. The Dungeon Crawler perk seems good, but I'm not quite sure how dungeon loot will work. Are there lockouts on dungeons, or can they be run as often as you want? In the case of lockouts, the perk would be huge. Absent lockouts, the perk is still really nice, but would basically just save you a bit of time.

3. It seems to me that the Raid Leader perk is pretty powerful, especially since I read it stacks and would allow for +3 extra starting cards if you got 3 raid leaders. How is PvE going to be balanced around this? Surely PvE would be designed for players without this buff. I kinda feel like any raid leader accounts would have a big "asterisk" on any of their accomplishments.

And one more extra non-reward related question: Can you have multiple player character champions for PvE? If I pick an Orc Warrior when I start out, can I also choose to level up a Dwarf Warlock later on(to experience any different quests or just to have access to a different playstyle), or would I have to delete my Orc? Assuming we do get multiple "character slots", are there enough to get one of each class?

Thanks to any devs or fans that can answer my questions.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
1) Pretty sure that one was asked and answered, it doesn't stack. And I am 90% sure it works even if you aren't the guild leader, so people will want you even if you don't have your own guild.

2) Doesn't sound like there are lockouts, but I don't have dev knowledge, so don't quote me on it.

3)Pretty sure the raid leader perk stacks, but had some limits. It was also answered somewhere else, but it something I am more fuzzy on.

I am also interested in the last one.

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone. Hex is shaping up to be the "Shandalar"(if anyone remembers the old Microprose M:tG game) MMO I've been wanting for years. Some of the upper tiers of rewards are pretty tempting, though I have some questions.

1. Does the Guild Master exp buff require the player to be the guild leader of his guild, or just a member or officer? This seems like a nice perk, but I have no interest in dealing with the headaches of being in charge of a guild. If it does apply to non-guild leaders, will the exp buff stack with multiple enabled accounts in the same guild(this could get really silly if there was a membership capped guild full of guild master accounts :) )?

2. The Dungeon Crawler perk seems good, but I'm not quite sure how dungeon loot will work. Are there lockouts on dungeons, or can they be run as often as you want? In the case of lockouts, the perk would be huge. Absent lockouts, the perk is still really nice, but would basically just save you a bit of time.

3. It seems to me that the Raid Leader perk is pretty powerful, especially since I read it stacks and would allow for +3 extra starting cards if you got 3 raid leaders. How is PvE going to be balanced around this? Surely PvE would be designed for players without this buff. I kinda feel like any raid leader accounts would have a big "asterisk" on any of their accomplishments.

And one more extra non-reward related question: Can you have multiple player character champions for PvE? If I pick an Orc Warrior when I start out, can I also choose to level up a Dwarf Warlock later on(to experience any different quests or just to have access to a different playstyle), or would I have to delete my Orc? Assuming we do get multiple "character slots", are there enough to get one of each class?

Thanks to any devs or fans that can answer my questions.

1: They do not have to be the guild leader, they just have to be in the guild. It does not stack.

2: You can run them as much as you want. Each dungeon and raid has a loot table, so you likely won't always get what you want (or everything you want) the first time.

3: It for sure will give you a leg up in raids, but we are keeping this into account and making sure you have a good experience.

4: You can level as many champions as you want and won't have to delete anything. And yes, you can absolutely have one of each.

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 11:29 AM
+1 for the shandalar reference btw :)

Hibbert
05-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Answers

Cool, thanks for the quick response! Now I just have to weigh all that against times I've been hyped up on MMO's to be let down, then divide by the regret I feel every time I see a panda cub in WoW and remember how I passed on the collector's edition. That should let me figure out which tier I end up with :) .

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Cool, thanks for the quick response! Now I just have to weigh all that against times I've been hyped up on MMO's to be let down, then divide by the regret I feel every time I see a panda cub in WoW and remember how I passed on the collector's edition. That should let me figure out which tier I end up with :) .

Three words:

Spectral
Lotus
Garden

Ashenor
05-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Haha yes those 3 words are nice :).

I do have all the WoW collector editions though, so plenty of pandas, mini diablos and zerglings to go around!

Thanisse
05-10-2013, 03:07 PM
since we're asking about a lot of these things , will the perks given to backers be obtainable in some other way or form after the game goes live ?

I for one would like the 1 free draft a week option , but the price for the lowest tier for that is kinda spicy for my current financial possibilities.

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
since we're asking about a lot of these things , will the perks given to backers be obtainable in some other way or form after the game goes live ?

I for one would like the 1 free draft a week option , but the price for the lowest tier for that is kinda spicy for my current financial possibilities.

The Kickstarter rewards are exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign (except boosters and starters).

Ashenor
05-10-2013, 03:12 PM
They have said a few times, these are kickstarter rewards only. You have 28 days to forage for loot to pay off your pro player tier, do it!

Thanisse
05-10-2013, 03:34 PM
They have said a few times, these are kickstarter rewards only. You have 28 days to forage for loot to pay off your pro player tier, do it!

I am seriously considering this a lot ... especially since I know it will most likely not be wasted .
but foraging for that kind of money in 28ish days isn't exactly easy :) .

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Watch the trailer for clues on how to make quick money :)

~

Kami
05-10-2013, 03:40 PM

~

It kinda makes me wonder if they should put a disclaimer in the video to state they aren't promoting acts of felony. *lol*

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 04:27 PM

~

I snorted milk onto my monitor :(

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 04:36 PM

Blame yourself for drinking milk :)

~

Blare731
05-10-2013, 04:38 PM

I lol'd so hard there. The video comment was great too, but priceless was thinking about someone sitting at there desk all ready for bed and what not and then boom just exploding milk over there keyboard because of laughter.