PDA

View Full Version : Stretch Goal Ideas

Shaqattaq
05-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey Everyone! We're past the halfway point with our campaign and we're only 2 days in. Sweet! We had a meeting about stretch goals a few weeks back, but we're always interested in your feedback on what you'd like to see. We have some bonkers additions to the tiers you've already backed, but we're always open to new ideas from our fanbase. Fans First, after all. =D

So, let us know what you think would be awesome. No idea too crazy!

S117
05-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Hmmm.....maybe an insta-gib a raid boss card? But make it like a Spectral Lotus in that it goes away after you use it?

EDIT: Spelling...and...First!

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 11:41 AM
I noticed that the apperance of keeps from the video was editable, maybe exclusive keep features?

Mushroom_C1oud
05-10-2013, 11:42 AM
There's been much discussion about allowing people to sell their cards for cash. I realize that a system like this could take more development money and would make a good stretch goal.

houjix
05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
I want a monkey for my guild. Or maybe a lemur. No birds though. They stink.

Devaux
05-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Its not very glamorous but how about authenticator support?

I've seen it mentioned a few times and the more I think about it the more I like it. I got my WoW account hacked once and I was pretty bummed out. If my HEX account gets hacked one day.... well that would just be a tragedy.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-10-2013, 11:45 AM

I've seen it mentioned a few times and the more I think about it the more I like it. I got my WoW account hacked once and I was pretty bummed out. If my HEX account gets hacked one day.... well that would just be a tragedy.

Extra security measures are always a plus.

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
I'm gonna second that, with this having more "real" value possible then a standard mmo, account security is a major thing.

JMFD
05-10-2013, 11:47 AM

I back Authenticator support HARD. Especially in a game where its possible to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on.

Also, I have always loved anything guild vs guild related. Maybe a ranking system for guilds based on player statistics? Or the idea of guild vs guild tournaments? Each guild picks say five people and whoever wins the best games wins the competition?

Mushroom_C1oud
05-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Also, I have always loved anything guild vs guild related. Maybe a ranking system for guilds based on player statistics? Or the idea of guild vs guild tournaments? Each guild picks say five people and whoever wins the best games wins the competition?

Great idea, get a little guild on guild action with rewards and trophies.

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Oh, that reminds me of one little thing i would like to see. For the guild leader tier (And those having it's content) maybe the pack codes that come with it also have beta access? Help us get more friends in the game?

Ashenor
05-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Authenticator is good for sure.

How about some new bonus cards to lvl X and above for hitting stretch goals.

How about a earlier prebeta release if we X amount.

Corey shaves his head if we hit X amount :).

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 11:58 AM
Authenticator idea is a must.

As for other stuff, signed develepor postcards/posters etc for kickstarters would be really cool (or a short-print of the cards we earned through kickstarter?)

As for digital stuff, maybe some exclusive "borrowable" decks, made by hand by the developers? (By borrowable I mean we can use it for fun, but cannot keep the cards, cannot do raids or dungeons, and no official PvP. Would be really cool.)

As a crazy kickstart idea, what about a new gem/colour/faction, in the far future? 5 is fine, but the possibilities of 6 could be... Interesting.

And maybe some dual colour cards, with dual colour threshold costs etc. I would love diamond/blood, or wild/sapphire, etc sort of cards.

Hibbert
05-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I'll emphasize adding an authenticator is a very, very good idea. The combination of F2P, MMO and TCG seems like it would be a perfect storm for hackers/phishers. I'd say this shouldn't even be a stretch goal, but just something that gets done to save money on customer support for hacked accounts. Though sending authenticators to certain tiers as a bonus would be an awesome stretch goal.

As for other stretch goals, I think multiplayer format tournements/casual play would be pretty nifty.

Eldryth
05-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Authenticator support

More multiplayer formats (maybe a raid version that has a player taking over the encounter, like the WoW TCG?)

More cards

Extra flair in Champion art for Kickstarter backers

There's been much discussion about allowing people to sell their cards for cash. I realize that a system like this could take more development money and would make a good stretch goal.

This is already planned for launch, so no need to add a stretch goal for it!

S117
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Didn't think about Auth support...I would like very much to see that too...

I mean I get emails about my Aeon/Diablo III account being suspended...never even been to thier sites much less played...

Boojum
05-10-2013, 12:37 PM
The most attractive bonuses to my mind are the ones that provide a recurring lifetime benefit and get better and better the longer you play. Maybe some bonus packs/cards of every new set as it comes out?

I agree that two-factor authentication is a must, but it should be standard, not a stretch goal.

I would love to see some sort of gauntlet-only proxy card system (maybe display the card greyed out and only allow it in friendly matches with guildmates). If I'm getting ready for some big constructed tournament, and want to test my deck, it's pretty rough to have to come up with four copies of all the big cards of every major deck in the metagame. Same thing if I'm tinkering with a new deck idea, and want to play a few test games to see if it's even worth pursuing before going to the trouble of tracking down all the included cards. In any other TCG, I would just proxy whatever I don't have. Obviously the guild gauntlet is a great step toward addressing this issue, but by itself it seems like it will give a big competitive advantage to guilds with lots of people and lots of money.

Devaux
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll emphasize adding an authenticator is a very, very good idea. The combination of F2P, MMO and TCG seems like it would be a perfect storm for hackers/phishers. I'd say this shouldn't even be a stretch goal, but just something that gets done to save money on customer support for hacked accounts. Though sending authenticators to certain tiers as a bonus would be an awesome stretch goal.

As for other stretch goals, I think multiplayer format tournements/casual play would be pretty nifty.

I agree. I just wanted to make sure the idea was out there.

Maybe promo authenticators! That would be really cool. Its both a physical object you get for backing and saves backers the expense of buying one later. Two birds and all that.

Also, more alternate art versions of cards that are likely to be staples. I know I went deep enough to get the alt-art Extinction specifically because I figured thats a card I would use in multiple formats for a long time.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Actually, the proxy thing is a nice idea - to test an idea before investing in it. would see tons of use, and would reduce theorycrafting to simple crafting - no need to theorise how something will perform when you can quickly test it and then tweak it, and settle on something final.

Very nice idea Boojum.

S117
05-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Just thought of one...though I'm pretty sure someone else came up with the idea but I don't remember what thread it was in...Assuming Raid's will have their own decks how about letting Kickstarters run them occasionally? Would be awfully fun and a nice little perk. Maybe give the runner a prize if the win to keep them honest in trying to beat the raid team...

Bernado
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
+ 1 to Boojum's idea.
I think I read somewhere that you can play friendly matches to test a deck with players from your Guild.
It would be a good idea if every Guild had access to all the cards available even if nobody in the Guild has them for these friendly matches.

I think having a physical copy of the art book (I have collected all of Blizzard's, so I would like to do the same with CZE's) would be a nice stretch goal.
And having physical copies of some promo cards (like the Spectral Lotus and the Black Tiger) or the heroes would be a good stretch goal for me. They could be oversized cards so people could hang them like a small poster.
Maybe miniatures of the heroes...
Although, maybe I'm the only one that will like to have things that play no part on the online game.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
S117, that sounds like a lot of fun, but I think it could be abused by kickstarters inviting thier friends to do the raid, losing on purpose and giving them loot... But getting a copy of the bosses deck to borrow for fun duels would be an awesome idea! Boss vs boss, no holds barred!

S117
05-10-2013, 12:58 PM
As I said that is why I think a prize for the Raid Deck runner could keep them honest.

Though I admit it would be tricky to balance...It can't be too good for the runner without it being unfair to others but would still have to be good enough to keep them from throwing games to a Raid made up of friends...

Maybe (if by some miracle it was implemented) make the Raid team you face random so it wouldn't likely be friends/guildmates. But still...if some collector joins they may not be above bribing the Raid runner with a shiney promo card if they lose...

EDIT: BTW I'm not insiunating that all collectors would do such a thing...just that they may be more likely to have extra copies of desirable cards to offer as a bribe...

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Depends on how they do it. Putting in raid decks like they have in wow would be AWESOME

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Unless they cut off communication with the raid leader, keep it all anonymous... It would make it interesting and fair, but I feel like it is open to abuse... I just don't know how anymore haha.

houjix
05-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Depends on how they do it. Putting in raid decks like they have in wow would be AWESOME

Isn't that what the dugeons already are?

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Yea, but being able to play as the raid boss, even if just casual among your friends, would be fun.

Fool
05-10-2013, 01:17 PM
You know what I would really like - a physical Hex card. I know it might seem to go against the grain of the online game thing but as a one off gift to people who pledged in the Kickstarter it would be a really cool thing to be able to tack to my monitor as a something that people coming later to the game won't have...

Daer
05-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Maybe for a stretch goal, give say King tier and above 3 free boosters (or maybe a few more for high tiers) for every set for life. Basically they would get 1 free draft every set or if they don't draft they have a small start on collecting the newest set.

Jaydawg6958
05-10-2013, 01:19 PM
One of the biggest pitfalls to PVE aspects of a game(using a WoW comparison) is that after I am decked out in gear(in this case have a playset of all PVE cards) there is not much of a reason to play until more content comes along. In MMO's going back to Everquest 1 I was always a hardcore PVE player and always wanted some sort of recognition other than a title or gearscore/ilevel.

Maybe the idea has been thought of but a PVE ranking system, leaderboard or award type season in line with the PVP season/World championships? I really want a reason to keep playing the dungeons after I beat them all.

JMFD
05-10-2013, 01:20 PM
You know what I would really like - a physical Hex card. I know it might seem to go against the grain of the online game thing but as a one off gift to people who pledged in the Kickstarter it would be a really cool thing to be able to tack to my monitor as a something that people coming later to the game won't have...

Not a bad suggestion. What about a physical copy of the art book that is being send out in e-book format?

How about like T-Shirt? Hat? Mousepad? Or something that real world game collectors would use? Tokens, life counters, card sleeves, etc.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Another thought that occurred to me is that decklists should be easy to import/export. I want to be able to go on Hextcg.com, see a strategy article from a pro player or a tournament report with the top 8 players' decklists, and click one link to have the decklist pop into the deck builder on my Hex client. From there, it should populate all the cards in the deck that are already in my collection, and show a list of whatever I'm still missing. The missing cards should have easy links to find them on the auction house, and ideally, of course, also the option to proxy them for friendly testing.

I'd also love for the deck building interface to have an additional category for each deck -- the "maybe" pile. Often when I'm building a deck, once the core is in place, I have 20 "maybe" cards competing for the last 5 slots. It would be very helpful to be able to set aside all those cards in the deckbuilder to easily swap them in and out when making different versions of the deck rather than constantly fishing them in and out of my entire collection. A slightly different take on the same problem would be to have a filter checkbox in the collection for "all cards I've ever included in any version of this particular deck."

Edit: Actually, those are both more mundane quality-of-life things that wouldn't really make for enticing stretch-goal rewards, so maybe this isn't the right thread, but oh well. I still want them.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Actually Boojum, I want that maybe pile. I want it a lot.

Kami
05-10-2013, 01:36 PM
I have a few ideas for stretch goals that still need some thought but here's one of them:

Founder's/Tier Club (certain features could be based on tier)

- Exclusive access to on-going beta tests for new expansions, features, etc. (before general release to public)
- Unique 'presence' in the game (like special emblem, aura, or something that makes you stand out)
- Exclusive Founder/Tier tournaments (not just a one-time thing)... it'd be awesome to play against Cryptozoic
- Maybe some way to become a unique part of the lore/story
- Exclusive forum to discuss/chat with developers (instead of competing against the possibly millions of other players on the public forum)
- <insert other bonuses to make KS Backers/Tiers feel unique that's not just 'material' like extra boosters, etc.> =^_^=

I might post a few other ideas (not related to the above) once I flesh them out a bit more.

Digital_Aether
05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
1. More multiplayer content options. PVE content, dungeons and raids, being able to scale to 2 people. 2v2 and 3v3 PVP and quick matches against AI.

2. Adding race / champion / card sets? Something like one race is added to both Ardent and Underworld factions, a champion of each race, and extra cards around each race? I get that this would be a huge amount to add, but if we're talking about ideas, that'd be a great one to see as a bigger goal.

3. More PVE classes? There's a pretty good mix as it is, but maybe something crazy to mix it up, like bards or artificers.

4. Wager-based pvp? Even without real money, gold / plat / cards / mixed wagers are placed, people agree to payout rules, and tournament it. Something where people could set a buy in rule like "one common card or 1000 gold each", winner gets cards, top few get gold / plat divied up. Rules that are set by players, and have to be agreed to by the players, and can be run without a buy-in fee.

I think those are pretty solid goals, some are lofty, some have potential balance issues, but I think they could work well.

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
There shouldn't be too many perks for being a founder, making "new" players feel like they're screwed and will never be able to catch-up is really bad.
Also balance being hard, don't release more classes, races etc... too quickly!

While I think it would be nice to have some cards, art books whatever physical printed as collection for KSer, I'd understand spending cash for physical stuff is not the point of a Kickstarter campaign for a digital product :)

Suggestions I'd want to be implemented :
- Having a way to have a playset of Exclusive/AA cards from the campaign without having to buy 2 accounts / buy them on AH after release
- Authenticator (for everyone but free for KSer)
- Empersonalizing raid bosses (for everyone, once you've defeated it and only for casual play vs guildies)
- Gauntlet decks being like copies, means if you have a playset of a card you can use it in and against the gauntlet deck (for everyone)
- PvE records : fastest run (time, cards played, turns played, ...?), highest dmg dealt, etc... that would be a skillbased leaderboard and not a farmer leaderboard (running 10,000 times said dungeon is no fun nor a good feat) (for everyone)
- RL money withdrawal from AH (at least something like Amazon giftcards to avoid issues/taxes this feature could bring)

~

Lelorox
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Kickstarter exclusive HUD? Don't know if you guys have played around with the idea of being able to change the background while battling PVP, but this could definitely be something that is marketable.

Kami
05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
There shouldn't be too many perks for being a founder, making "new" players feel like they're screwed and will never be able to catch-up is really bad.

I agree, but pretty much everything I've stated so far is superficial. There's nothing there that would put 'new' players at a disadvantage compared to a 'Founder'.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Digital_Aether, I really like that voluntary in-game wagering system idea.

Alright, one more idea that I think actually would take a fair amount of development time but make for a very attractive stretch goal. No matter how well designed the dungeons are, it might get old to be playing through the same encounters repeatedly, generally using your most effective and reliable deck/champion for maximum efficiency. The answer would be practically a holy grail for me personally: a roguelike-based dungeon.

The core principles would be:
1. Heavy use of randomization. (Both the resources available to the player and the types of obstacles/enemies to be faced vary every time).
2. The need to manage tools and preserve your resources across the whole dungeon run. (If you win a duel but take a lot of damage or use up a consumable, you advance but are less well equipped for the next challenge).
3. Start fresh each time. (Nothing comes in with you from your main MMO character, so everyone's on the same footing.)
4. Permanent death. (When you get three death marks, that run and that pool of cards is done).

I'm envisioning it starting you out with a random starter deck. As you get further, you find additional cards/boosters as treasure and can gradually improve your deck. There would be a system of consumable potions/scrolls/etc. that can be found in the dungeon and used as needed for powerful effects to turn around a bad situation, bypass a tough opponent, heal a death mark, etc. But once they're used, they're gone, and you won't have them against the next enemy (or some variants might recharge every X duels).

You'll face a random set of enemy types, gradually increasing in difficulty as you get deeper into the dungeon. To further enhance the persistence angle and make your decisions matter, you wouldn't automatically start each battle at full health, but might heal X life between each duel. In between duels, you could have risk-reward choices to make, such as risking trap damage to open a treasure chest, or resting a bit to restore more health. When you die, that run is over, you post a score (which goes on leaderboards), and if you want to try again you start fresh and face a new random set of challenges. All the cards and consumables you had are lost forever, but your MMO character gets a reward of gold/items based on your score and roughly equivalent to what you might have earned in a traditional dungeon.

Roguelike-inspired games are really growing in popularity lately (FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, etc.), and for good reason. I think something like this would fit the dungeon system well, and really help spice up the PvE with some of the unpredictability and "making the best of limited resources" feeling that you get from draft and sealed play.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 02:34 PM
Boojum, that does sound pretty tempting, a PvE draft - but should we "win" cards, I think it would be nice to select a few out of that deck to keep, maybe depending on how well you perform.

Digital_Aether
05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
a roguelike-based dungeon.

1. Heavy use of randomization. (Both the resources available to the player and the types of obstacles/enemies to be faced vary every time).
2. The need to manage tools and preserve your resources across the whole dungeon run. (If you win a duel but take a lot of damage or use up a consumable, you advance but are less well equipped for the next challenge).
3. Start fresh each time. (Nothing comes in with you from you main MMO character, so everyone's on the same footing.)
4. Permanent death. (When you get three death marks, that run and that pool of cards is done).

Adding a rogue-like dungeon system, where maybe you picked a theme and that's all, sounds awesome. I'm not sure how they'd handle mid-dungeon deck building concepts, but even without that, it would still be crazy good. Mix things up, keep PVE fresh, and throw in a scaling system based on number of players? If this mode had 2-man content, I'd be totally good with this instead of 2-man scaling for dungeons / raids. Scripted dungeons and story dungeons are great, but having random modes keeps things interesting for a long time.

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I know it's been mentioned before, but shandalar, that old magic pc game, had dungeons in that style, maybe some inspiration from there

Joolz
05-10-2013, 03:09 PM
I think some kind of web presence would be cool. Something like WoW's armory where you can see someone's achievements, records, etc. I'm sure there will be all kinds of ways to access that info in game but it's nice to be able to look up stuff like that when you're not able to log in.

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 03:17 PM
IMO the Strech Goals should be more geared towards giving the backers something exclusive rather than a feature request that will probably be added eventually anyway. I think the point of a Strech Goal is more of an incentive to back more money, or to get people who are on the fence about backing to finally cough up the cash.

With that being said, I'd love to see more Alternate Art exclusives. One of the reasons for me bumping to Grand King Tier was for the 6 exclusive Alt Art cards per year to go with free Drafts. I'd absolutely love having maybe 1 exclusive Alt Art per Set for backers. Nothing would make me happier...except for maybe a Meat Lover's Pizza. But that's only because I'm starving at the moment and have food on my mind.

I also like the idea of recurring items like the Spectral Lotus Garden. Adding something similar like would most likely attract new potential backers, as well as making your current backers happy campers. Maybe something along the line of Relentless Rats (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=205082) in MTG? A card that has an unlimited amount allowed in a deck, and the ability to create 1 per week. Lets just make an example here:

Piranha Swarm – PVE Only
P:2 T:1
Piranha Swarm gets +2/+0 for each other creature on the battlefield named Piranha Swarm.
A deck can have any number of cards named Piranha Swarm.

And the backers would get something like:

Piranha Swarm Pond – PVE Only

Once per week when you login to your HEX account, your Piranha Swarm Pond will provide you a Piranha Swarm, a PVE-only card.

Also, I see Authenticators being mentioned as a goal. I'd like this to be more of a priority feature that is released with the game itself. And I'd also prefer a version in the same vein as the WoW Mobile Authenticator. IMO having a hard copy is subject to breaking, losing it, drunken hobos eating it on a $5 bet, etc. I like having it sitting nice and comfy on my Android.

Storm_Fireblade
05-10-2013, 03:32 PM
IMO the Strech Goals should be more geared towards giving the backers something exclusive rather than a feature request that will probably be added eventually anyway. I think the point of a Strech Goal is more of an incentive to back more money, or to get people who are on the fence about backing to finally cough up the cash.

I disagree, because certain features might be excactly what is missing to convince people on the fence to pledge after all. Although I love every additional booster, perk or whatever I get out of my Kickstarter Tier, I still can see a variety of features, that would greatly increase the games quality for everyone, but might cost too much unless people help financing it.

Personally I would love to the stretch goals like this:

1: Authenticator. Should be a basic of the game anyway, but if it isn't at least make it a stretch goal please. Many of us are willing to put in a lot of money in this and getting hacked would definitively be more than a major bummer.

2: Playermade Dungeons. We already have an AI, that is advertised as "The Most Advanced TCG AI Ever Created", so let us use this by having a basic but robust dungeon creator, that allows us to set up personal dungeons including selfmade decks, played by the AI. Everyone setting up a dungeon could put in rewards and people checking out the dungeons would have displayed the entry fee and the possible rewards, if the dungeon is beaten.

3: Some form for armory/herald website including articles from tournament champions, ingame informations like ratings, achievements etc.

cakedraftmasters
05-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Pro Tour System where you go somewhere and play. With computers back to back. Cash prizes.

Shoubushi
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I still can see a variety of features, that would greatly increase the games quality for everyone, but might cost too much unless people help financing it.

I'll agree with you there. If there are features that players feel are missing that will improve the game that are keeping them from backing, and are limited by funds, then by all means make them a priority.

Dralon
05-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Stretch goals:

1. I too echo the authenticator idea

2. How about alternate art for the Champion cards exlusive to levels of kickstarter. No functionality change of course, just cool art

3. I also like the idea of a physical art book as a stretch goal

And not specifically as a kickstarter stretch goal, but the mention of the WOW TCG Raid decks made me think about the development of a Raid PVP option, where one player takes on the role of the Boss, and another 3, 4 or ? fight him. The new raids in the WOW TCG kind of have the Raid autorun, but the earlier ones had more player choices in the Raid deck as a player ran it.

Storm_Fireblade
05-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Pro Tour System where you go somewhere and play. With computers back to back. Cash prizes.

Although I was far from being a Pro in MtG I thought about this myself already. And well, I'll be definitively be playing Hex more competitive, so who knows :D I just don't think this needs to be a Stretch Goal. Its more something to take up marketing wise and seek out sponsors etc, I guess.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, the World Championship is already going to be in-person. Besides that, and maybe special one-off events, though, I'd prefer that they embraced the game's digital nature and held pro-level tournaments online rather than making people set aside entire weekends and major travel expenses to play at a high level for cash prizes.

Obviously there are downsides to an online setup (can't stream matches until after they're done since there's no way to stop a player getting info from the opponent's stream; can't stop friends from giving advice during a match). But I still think that's better than deliberately bringing limitations from physical games into an online game.

Storm_Fireblade
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
You could always stream with a few minutes time-difference to avoid "cheating" :)

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Well, the World Championship is already going to be in-person.

Where did you see that?
Really sad news if that's true...
I hate plane and i'd rather save the 1k$ expenses to go to the US...

~

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Stretch goals :
Decklists for tourneys (ala mtgtop8.com)
Replays/Spectate

~

Boojum
05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Where did you see that?
Really sad news if that's true...
I hate plane and i'd rather save the 1k$ expenses to go to the US...

http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

With that in mind, we designed a system of on-demand tournaments and scheduled events that awards invitation points towards the online World Championship qualifiers. Qualifiers, in turn, provide you with an opportunity to attend and play in our World Championship tournament.

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Attend implies physically?

OP_Kyle?

~

Devaux
05-10-2013, 05:29 PM
What about sealed leagues. I din't see anything on the site that mentioned them. If CZE is interested in leagues (or and type of long-term competition) then I think this would be a really cool one.

What you do is each person in the league is given like 4 boosters to start with and use those boosters to build a deck. Each week you play that deck against others in your league and are awarded cards/boosters for playing/winning that you can use to improve the deck. Rinse, repeat.

Mehlo
05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
OP_Kyle mentioned something about leagues in another post. Said they have something very cool for that coming down the pipe, but cant talk about it yet.

Hibbert
05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
2: Playermade Dungeons. We already have an AI, that is advertised as "The Most Advanced TCG AI Ever Created", so let us use this by having a basic but robust dungeon creator, that allows us to set up personal dungeons including selfmade decks, played by the AI. Everyone setting up a dungeon could put in rewards and people checking out the dungeons would have displayed the entry fee and the possible rewards, if the dungeon is beaten.

I like this idea. The only drawback I could see is like what happened in CoH when they introduced a similar feature: people will design dungeons to give the maximum amount of loot for the minimum amount of effort, rather than try to make a fun and interesting dungeon. Maybe have user created dungeons give no rewards initially, but allow players to vote on their favorites. Top rated dungeons could get looked at by the devs and given appropriate loot for their difficulty(and perhaps rewards for their creators for an incentive to make cool content).

nearlysober
05-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Attend implies physically?

OP_Kyle?

~ If they have a big Worlds, with a big prize... they may require that people attend physically and use provided computers to access their accounts or maybe even copy their account to a dedicated LAN setup... if a lot of money is on the line they'll want to make sure there is no one disconnecting or timing out due to problems in the interwebs and not opportunity for hacks/trickery.

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 05:46 PM
If they have a big Worlds, with a big prize... they may require that people attend physically and use provided computers to access their accounts or maybe even copy their account to a dedicated LAN setup... if a lot of money is on the line they'll want to make sure there is no one disconnecting or timing out due to problems in the interwebs and not opportunity for hacks/trickery.

In-person eSports-style events and major events online are both things we would like to do.

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
By the way, everyone here is really enjoying this thread. Keep up the great brainstorm!

houjix
05-10-2013, 05:56 PM
I'm serious about that monkey Kyle. I want my guild mascot.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 05:59 PM
I would love a free soft subscription for a year to all who hit a certain threshold, a booster per week seems like a nice touch, especially if a new set comes out in 6 months, those people get a slightly increased benefit that they can feel for a longer time.

Devaux
05-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I feel like somewhere I saw a suggestion for a mousepad. I couldn't find the original post but I think its a pretty cool idea. Maybe not cool enough for a stretch goal though.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Creating mousepads/posters/physical cards/t-shirts/etc. for a digital product is dangerous, as lots of Kickstarters have found out that making, packaging, and shipping them uses up a LOT of time and money that could have gone into the game itself.

Though if it was optional, flexible, and leveraged existing infrastructure, it might work... they could give everyone at a certain tier and above a $XX credit voucher for the Cryptozoic store, and let the backers decide if they wanted to get a mousepad or other accessory or just pick up one of Cryptozoic's other board/card games to pass the time until Hex launches.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Ok I was talking to a friend I recruited and this option would be a LOT of work. So trust me when I say I'm thinking like some serious stretching. But nonetheless really awesome.

What if in PvE when play a card a (preferably 3D or 2.5D) small little sprite of the card popped up and sat on top and had animations for attacking, dying, short little battles. Now this feature could only really be useful in PvE because there is no desire to make tourneys last longer. And it would certainly have the option to be turned off. Also in raid if one person has it off, it is off for everyone so one person isn't just waiting there or something.

I would really appreciate though, and maybe others too, something like that in PvE just to watch some guys take out things and have a bit more fun with it. I think it would throw a little flavor to the combat, and since it can be turned off no harm to anyone, and can be appreciated by some. I dare say, it could even attract younger kids, *kind of happy about it but kinda good for business wink*

All in all it's a lot of work for a little feature. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Blare, love the sentiment, but theres another pitfall - Yugioh tried this, and ended up ditching it due to inflation of cards creating huge numbers of sprites and animations, and that starts taking up huge amounts of space.

It would be a nice touch, and no-one would complain about it if they could do it, but I am afraid it would mean massive downloads/patches etc, and it might end up taking away from the core features, just to maintain it.

However, if they had a team dedicated to doing only that, it might just work.

Norah
05-10-2013, 06:44 PM
A sealed prerelease tournament and launch party tournament for the game (similar to MtG prereleases and launch parties). Prizes could be getting bumped to Grand King, boosters, exclusive cards, etc. This would be a lot of fun and definitely incentive for more people to sign up.

If prereleases, launch parties, etc. are already planned, free entry and provided boosters for the first block would also be an idea.

digigb
05-10-2013, 08:33 PM
In this game we are still missing Playmats and dice.
I'm thinking having cool art on your side of the field or all of it.
resource, life, etc can be 20,10,6 sided dice.

Another idea is to add a dungeon where The Devil, Cory "Satan" Jones is the end boss and Gabe, and Tycho are cards that help you through the dungeon. In this dungeon there will be gates where Satan would like gold offerings and the more gold given the hard the content and the more better the loot. This is where players will give into their greed and make Cor..I mean Satan just more ric... i mean powerful and the grand prize would be beating him and it would be like winning the lotto.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 08:37 PM
In this game we are still missing Playmats and dice.
I'm thinking having cool art on your side of the field or all of it.
resource, life, etc can be 20,10,6 sided dice.

Another idea is to add a dungeon where The Devil, Cory "Satan" Jones is the end boss and Gabe, and Tycho are cards that help you through the dungeon. In this dungeon there will be gates where Satan would like gold offerings and the more gold given the hard the content and the more better the loot. This is where players will give into their greed and make Cor..I mean Satan just more ric... i mean powerful and the grand prize would be beating him and it would be like winning the lotto.

+1 that is a really cool and funny idea. I think the staff of this game has just the right sense of humor to do it too.

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Digital_Aether, I really like that voluntary in-game wagering system idea.

Alright, one more idea that I think actually would take a fair amount of development time but make for a very attractive stretch goal. No matter how well designed the dungeons are, it might get old to be playing through the same encounters repeatedly, generally using your most effective and reliable deck/champion for maximum efficiency. The answer would be practically a holy grail for me personally: a roguelike-based dungeon.

3. Start fresh each time. (Nothing comes in with you from you main MMO character, so everyone's on the same footing.)

I'm envisioning it starting you out with a random starter deck. As you get further, you find additional cards/boosters as treasure and can gradually improve your deck. There would be a system of consumable potions/scrolls/etc. that can be found in the dungeon and used as needed for powerful effects to turn around a bad situation, bypass a tough opponent, heal a death mark, etc. But once they're used, they're gone, and you won't have them against the next enemy (or some variants might recharge every X duels).

You'll face a random set of enemy types, gradually increasing in difficulty as you get deeper into the dungeon. To further enhance the persistence angle and make your decisions matter, you wouldn't automatically start each battle at full health, but might heal X life between each duel. In between duels, you could have risk-reward choices to make, such as risking trap damage to open a treasure chest, or resting a bit to restore more health. When you die, that run is over, you post a score (which goes on leaderboards), and if you want to try again you start fresh and face a new random set of challenges. All the cards and consumables you had are lost forever, but your MMO character gets a reward of gold/items based on your score and roughly equivalent to what you might have earned in a traditional dungeon.

Roguelike-inspired games are really growing in popularity lately (FTL, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, etc.), and for good reason. I think something like this would fit the dungeon system well, and really help spice up the PvE with some of the unpredictability and "making the best of limited resources" feeling that you get from draft and sealed play.

Ive not read beyond this point yet, but I wanna chime in for this idea! Not sure if its picked up support, but this is brilliant.

Rather than start with a premade deck, you could start with 6 boosters and make a sealed pool. You could have each card work under the "Ironman" rule, where if it goes to the GY, it gets destroyed (so for the rest of the dungeon, you dont get to use that card anymore). Each defeated opponent cedes all remaining cards in the deck to the winner, and they have to evolve the deck to work with the new cardpool.

Perhaps for $14 (6 boosters and a ticket) you can run through this dungeon, and you have the option to pull out at any time, or go for the high score and the promise of loot at the end. The deck would constantly evolve with each battle, and every play through would be different!

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 08:52 PM
I like this idea. The only drawback I could see is like what happened in CoH when they introduced a similar feature: people will design dungeons to give the maximum amount of loot for the minimum amount of effort, rather than try to make a fun and interesting dungeon. Maybe have user created dungeons give no rewards initially, but allow players to vote on their favorites. Top rated dungeons could get looked at by the devs and given appropriate loot for their difficulty(and perhaps rewards for their creators for an incentive to make cool content).

+1 this idea. Great work Storm and Hibbert!

EDIT - Oops, missed storm fireblades OP. The idea was player designed dungeons, with Hibberts fix on voting for the most popular ones

WWKnight
05-10-2013, 08:55 PM
Ok I was talking to a friend I recruited and this option would be a LOT of work. So trust me when I say I'm thinking like some serious stretching. But nonetheless really awesome.

What if in PvE when play a card a (preferably 3D or 2.5D) small little sprite of the card popped up and sat on top and had animations for attacking, dying, short little battles. Now this feature could only really be useful in PvE because there is no desire to make tourneys last longer. And it would certainly have the option to be turned off. Also in raid if one person has it off, it is off for everyone so one person isn't just waiting there or something.

I would really appreciate though, and maybe others too, something like that in PvE just to watch some guys take out things and have a bit more fun with it. I think it would throw a little flavor to the combat, and since it can be turned off no harm to anyone, and can be appreciated by some. I dare say, it could even attract younger kids, *kind of happy about it but kinda good for business wink*

All in all it's a lot of work for a little feature. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

+10 Ha! That was going to be my suggestion. Rather than jsut have cards crash up against each other, I would like to see actual animations. I wanna see the Evil Bunny People die painful horrible deaths. I wanna see the majestic Coyotal strike swift and true. I wanna behold the glory of the humans armor, and the terror of the undead hordes shambling.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Rather than start with a premade deck, you could start with 6 boosters and make a sealed pool. You could have each card work under the "Ironman" rule, where if it goes to the GY, it gets destroyed (so for the rest of the dungeon, you dont get to use that card anymore). Each defeated opponent cedes all remaining cards in the deck to the winner, and they have to evolve the deck to work with the new cardpool.

I don't think this is a good idea exactly because some decks might want a decent amount of cards to go to the graveyard to be resurrected, so it would suck if you were mid-way through your strat when you realize you can just win and then lose all the cards you purposely sent to the grave.

Lelorox
05-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Hats for my cards.

Boojum
05-10-2013, 10:26 PM
Boojum, that does sound pretty tempting, a PvE draft - but should we "win" cards, I think it would be nice to select a few out of that deck to keep, maybe depending on how well you perform.

Yeah, that could work -- one of the treasure types could be a token to let you permanently keep a card from the deck.

Mainly, I want the variety and dynamism of having to constantly adapt to a shifting card pool and threat type, but that requires giving out cards at a rate that would be unbalancing if you kept them all permanently.

Ive not read beyond this point yet, but I wanna chime in for this idea! Not sure if its picked up support, but this is brilliant.

Perhaps for $14 (6 boosters and a ticket) you can run through this dungeon, and you have the option to pull out at any time, or go for the high score and the promise of loot at the end. The deck would constantly evolve with each battle, and every play through would be different!

Thanks! I love the idea of starting with sealed packs to make a deck from instead of a starter deck. That would contribute even more to helping each run feel fresh. The Ironman rule could be an interesting variant, but I'd be concerned that it would warp things (If you have five possible level 1 enemy decks, then the cards you're adding to your pool by beating them are much more predictable and skewed than if you're adding random cards/boosters to the pool. And it would make it so rush decks would be advantaged because they end the game quicker so fewer cards go to the graveyard.)

Not sold on using real boosters and paying an entry fee. I'm seeing this as an endlessly replayable alternative to the normal dungeons, and having to pay to do it would really limit how much you could play, so I prefer "phantom" boosters that evaporate once the run ends. I guess it could work as a PvE way to have some fun with boosters as you open them (the equivalent of getting a box and drafting or playing two-pack with friends). Having that be an option would be fine, but I wouldn't want it to be the only way to play.

Erebus
05-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I really like Raid-Decks from WoW TCG.

Might be nice to have certain raid bosses available to players for casual play, perhaps after they are cleared a certain number of time.

Allow them to be customized and played by actual players to give an even greater challenge.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 01:02 AM
If it isn't included already, this small feature would definitively be an awesome stretch goal or at least part of one:

My only request is the manual opening of booster packs via a 3D controllable package opening process. There will always be a special place in my heart for slowly ripping open booster packs

Bernado
05-11-2013, 01:12 AM
If it isn't included already, this small feature would definitively be an awesome stretch goal or at least part of one:
My only request is the manual opening of booster packs via a 3D controllable package opening process. There will always be a special place in my heart for slowly ripping open booster packs

I hope they don't make that too real and have you spending 5 minutes while fighting a booster that won't open. :cool:

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 01:17 AM

Ah, it seems I didn't highlight one important part of my suggestion enough --> Loot comes from players designing the dungeon! It could go like this:

1: I create one or more decks depending on the number of bosses inside the dungeon
2: Using a basic but robust dungeon creator I design a dungeon with a number of bosses and assign my decks towards the bosses
3: I choose the rewards FROM MY OWN COLLECTION (boosters, cards, whatever) for people successfully completing it. Those are moved "inside the dungeon" then, to make sure the rewards are available.
4: I choose the entry fee for people trying it, which I keep myself no matter what
5: People then can check a dungeon tool and see rewards / fees for every dungeon with a small description from the designer and are able to decide for themselves, if fee and possible rewards are worth it to give it a try.
6: If a dungeon is cleared, the designing player can choose to change the decks, the amount of bosses, the entry fee, the rewards....it could even be possible to have a "subscription"-option, where people can choose to say "this dungeon is so well-balanced in my opinion, I want the rewards be made available again everytime the dungeon is cleared" and as long as you got those inside your collection, they will automatically be moved to the dungeon and people allowed to enter.

:)

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 01:33 AM
While that is interesting, I feel if I used that method Id have no cards at the end of it. People would only enter the dungeon if they felt ti was worth the entrance fee. I liked Hibbers approach on allowing user made dungeons be selected for sponsorship, persay, and filled with loot on Cryptozoiacs dime.

nearlysober
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
Hopefully we'll be in BETA by then... but how about a special screening, or demo, or anything, for those of us lucky enough to see CZE at PAX?

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Of course people would only enter dungeons, they feel worth it. But that doesn't mean they will succeed. And entrance fee doesn't have to be gold. It could be platinum. It could be boosters. Lets say at the end of the dungeon I'm offering a reward of one booster and some rarer card I even levelled up to foil and what not.

If the entrance fee is two boosters, I only really losing something, if people succeed in the first try. But that is the beauty of such a system, because players are able to choose what they are willing to reward successfully people with and how much they want as an entrance fee.

If then you are provided with certain statistics about the decks and matches played inside your dungeon you can start on improving it more and more until you in the end get a dungeon where entrance fee and rewards are so appealing to players, that they start farming, but the difficulty is balanced enough to let you actually profit from this dungeon.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 03:26 AM
New suggestions :
Advertisement campaign
Language translation

~

d00dz
05-11-2013, 04:02 AM
I prefer to have mostly personal rewards as stretch goals since features are an inevitability for Hex, being an MMO and all. Features will still be added later whether or not they are in the stretch goals.

Rapkannibale
05-11-2013, 04:56 AM
I definitely support the authenticator idea although I also would hope they are already planning for it instead if making it a stretch goal. Account security is a big issue.

My top prio stretch goal would be a digital pro tour system with cash prices. I don't actually like the idea that you would have to go places since that is prohibitive for many people with families. Part of why I am so excited about this game is that it is familiar if you know MtG but adds a lot of digital cool new features. So the pro tour should stay with that concept.

A mobile companion app would be cool where you could check out other player's profiles, use the auction house, etc.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 05:19 AM
Luke Cross about 19 hours ago
As an ever growing MMO, new features are their life blood. IN this style of campaign, you wanna see personal rewards in the stretch goals, because all those new features are guaranteed to come anyway.

I said it on the Kickstarter page the other night. As much as these ideas are cool and all, I think we are better to be more greedy personally in this instance as all these ideas are things they will have to implement eventually anyway :P

UDareUTake
05-11-2013, 05:20 AM
For those that are interested to see what are the stretch goals ideas suggested in this thread but are lazy to go through the entire thread, here is a summary!
To read more about the suggestion, you can refer to the Post #

Summary of current Stretch goals ideas

Cards

Insta-gib a raid boss card? But make it like a Spectral Lotus in that it goes away after you use it?
Contributor- S117 Post #2

Additional Bonus cards (exclusive maybe?)
Contributor- Ashenor

Exclusive "borrowable" decks, made by hand by the developers? (By borrowable I mean we can use it for fun, but cannot keep the cards, cannot do raids or dungeons, and no official PvP
New gem/colour/faction, in the far future or dual color cards.
Contributor- Xenavire Post #13

Maybe for a stretch goal, give say King tier and above 3 free boosters (or maybe a few more for high tiers) for every set for life.
Contributor-Daer Post #29

Cosmetics

Exclusive Keep appearance/design/features
Contributor- Mehlo Post #3

Mascots for guild
Contributor- houjix Post #5

Contributor- Eldryth

Unique 'presence' in the game (like special emblem, aura, or something that makes you stand out)
Contributor- Kami Post #34

More Alternate Art Exclusives
Contributor-Shoubushi Post #44

System & Gameplay-Related

Authenticator support (App/Physical Token)
Possibility of free physical token sent to certain tier level
Contributor- Lots of players requesting for this feature

Proxy card system (maybe display the card greyed out and only allow it in friendly matches with guildmates *purpose is to try out multiple deck builds easily)
Contributor- Boojum Post #17

Import/Export of Deck List
Addition of “Maybe” List in Deck Building Interface
Contributor- Boojum Post #32

RL money withdrawal from AH /Alternative withdrawal in form of gift cards/online shop to CZE -Withdraw $50 bucks from HEX and get board game XYZ sent to you.
Contributor- Fireblast Post #36

Playermade Dungeons + Player Vote
Contributor- Storm_Fireblade Post #45,#80 + Hibbert Post #58

Replays/Spectate
Contributor- Fireblast Post #53

manual opening of booster packs via a 3D controllable package opening process
Contributor- Zack Cooper in the KS-Comments

Language translation
Contributor- Fireblast Post #84

Mobile companion app to view player profile and AH
Contributor- Rapkannibale Post #86

Guild Vs Guild tournaments
Guild Ranking System
Contributor-JMFD Post #9

Exclusive Founder/Tier tournaments (not just a one-time thing)... it'd be awesome to play against Cryptozoic

Wager-based pvp? Even without real money, gold / plat / cards / mixed wagers are placed, people agree to payout rules, and tournament it.
Contributor- Digital_Aether Post #34

PvE records

roguelike-based dungeon. (Refer to post, too long lol.)
Contributor-Boojum Post #39

Animation for combat
Contributor- Multiple Users

Digital pro tour system with cash prices

Bonus Access
Additional Beta Access codes for certain tiers
Contributor- Mehlo Post #11

Earlier prebeta release
Contributor- Ashenor Post #12

Exclusive access to on-going beta tests for new expansions, features, etc. (before general release to public)
Exclusive forum to discuss/chat with developers (instead of competing against the possibly millions of other players on the public forum)

Physical Rewards

Signed developer postcards/posters etc
Short-print of the exclusive cards we earned through kickstarter

Game apparels such as mousepad etc,
Contributor- multiple user

Misc Digital Rewards

Physical copy of the art book that is being send out in e-book format
Contributor-JMFD Post #31

Free soft subscription ( A year?)
Contributor-Xenavire ost #63

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Great job mate! :D

Kami
05-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Nice first post! Haha.. =^_^=

UDareUTake
05-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Had some spare time on hand, and was looking thru the thread, so decided to help out abit =]

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks, but you cut some of my suggestions.
About RL withdrawal I added the alternative of gift cards which might be less complex legally speaking :)
There could also be a shop to CZE
Withdraw $50 bucks from HEX and get board game XYZ sent to you.

~

UDareUTake
05-11-2013, 05:41 AM
updated, haha, i was skimming thru, trying to keep the summary concise, must have missed that back part out =]

ShaolinRaven
05-11-2013, 05:45 AM
I support the authenticator idea.

Also for general features I would love a "Collection Page" where it shows all the cards in a set and the ones the you don't have are greyed out. I'd also like to see account trophies/rewards for getting certain collection parts like "collected all dwarves" and then trophies/rewards for collecting the entire basic set and then maybe one for unlocking all the foil versions or alternate art versions for each card in the set, or entire expansion set once expansions start coming out. It would also make trading/AH interesting cause you would have people looking for cards to fill out their collections even if they don't play that card or that style.

I love collecting in TCGs and I like opening up my folders and looking at various sets and I would love a feature like this.

Kami
05-11-2013, 05:48 AM
I hope the authenticator doesn't end up being something additional I'd have to carry around. I have a smartphone, I'd prefer to just keep my authenticators together in one place.

Dratzl
05-11-2013, 06:04 AM
I do not know if this has been mentioned before or if there are plans in doing such a feature (haven't read all the comments .. yet),
but i would really love to see some sort of ingame replay watching function.

Whether it is only watching live games or saving every game of myself for later inspection in a list also accessible by my friends and guildmates or all of the above, i would definitly love that feature. :)

Kami
05-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Yeah, I think Kyle mentioned they're working on replays and live spectator viewing. Or at least something along those lines, no details.

Dratzl
05-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Ow ok thanks for the information Kami :)
Was searching the forum but couldn't find anything.

UDareUTake
05-11-2013, 06:13 AM
For those that are interested to see what are the stretch goals ideas suggested in this thread but are lazy to go through the entire thread, here is a summary!
To read more about the suggestion, you can refer to the Post #

Summary of current Stretch goals ideas

Cards

Insta-gib a raid boss card? But make it like a Spectral Lotus in that it goes away after you use it?
Contributor- S117 Post #2

Additional Bonus cards (exclusive maybe?)
Contributor- Ashenor

Exclusive "borrowable" decks, made by hand by the developers? (By borrowable I mean we can use it for fun, but cannot keep the cards, cannot do raids or dungeons, and no official PvP
New gem/colour/faction, in the far future or dual color cards.

Maybe for a stretch goal, give say King tier and above 3 free boosters (or maybe a few more for high tiers) for every set for life.
Contributor-Daer Post #29

Cosmetics

Exclusive Keep appearance/design/features
Contributor- Mehlo Post #3

Mascots for guild
Contributor- houjix Post #5

Contributor- Eldryth

Unique 'presence' in the game (like special emblem, aura, or something that makes you stand out)

More Alternate Art Exclusives
Contributor-Shoubushi Post #44

System & Gameplay-Related

Authenticator support (App/Physical Token)
Possibility of free physical token sent to certain tier level
Contributor- Lots of players requesting for this feature

Proxy card system (maybe display the card greyed out and only allow it in friendly matches with guildmates *purpose is to try out multiple deck builds easily)
Contributor- Boojum Post #17

Import/Export of Deck List
Addition of “Maybe” List in Deck Building Interface
Contributor- Boojum Post #32

RL money withdrawal from AH /Alternative withdrawal in form of gift cards/online shop to CZE -Withdraw $50 bucks from HEX and get board game XYZ sent to you.

Playermade Dungeons + Player Vote
Contributor- Storm_Fireblade Post #45,#80 + Hibbert Post #58

Replays/Spectate
Contributor- Fireblast Post #53

manual opening of booster packs via a 3D controllable package opening process
Contributor- Zack Cooper in the KS-Comments

Language translation
Contributor- Fireblast Post #84

Mobile companion app to view player profile and AH

Guild Vs Guild tournaments
Guild Ranking System
Contributor-JMFD Post #9

Exclusive Founder/Tier tournaments (not just a one-time thing)... it'd be awesome to play against Cryptozoic

Wager-based pvp? Even without real money, gold / plat / cards / mixed wagers are placed, people agree to payout rules, and tournament it.
Contributor- Digital_Aether Post #34

PvE records

roguelike-based dungeon. (Refer to post, too long lol.)
Contributor-Boojum Post #39

Animation for combat
Contributor- Multiple Users

Digital pro tour system with cash prices

Bonus Access
Additional Beta Access codes for certain tiers
Contributor- Mehlo Post #11

Earlier prebeta release
Contributor- Ashenor Post #12

Exclusive access to on-going beta tests for new expansions, features, etc. (before general release to public)
Exclusive forum to discuss/chat with developers (instead of competing against the possibly millions of other players on the public forum)

Physical Rewards

Signed developer postcards/posters etc
Short-print of the exclusive cards we earned through kickstarter

Game apparels such as mousepad etc,
Contributor- multiple user

Misc Digital Rewards

Physical copy of the art book that is being send out in e-book format
Contributor-JMFD Post #31

Free soft subscription ( A year?)
Contributor-Xenavire ost #63

Ups for ppl

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 06:15 AM
Rather than constantly requoting yourself, why dont you post a new topic :-) Make it easier for the devs to find when they come online too!

UDareUTake
05-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Hmm, true! ok thanks for the suggestion, I shall do that!

Mushroom_C1oud
05-11-2013, 06:18 AM
I hope the authenticator doesn't end up being something additional I'd have to carry around. I have a smartphone, I'd prefer to just keep my authenticators together in one place.

The great part of this kickstarter for CZE is that there is no physical items. They don't have to deal with the production, shipping, and customs. I could see a physical authenticator as an add-on perhaps or a purchasable item after the campaign. It seems like everyone and their grandma has a smart phone these days so an authenticator as an app would be the best way to go.

M3d1vH
05-11-2013, 01:50 PM
Guys is anyone considering any 3d animation on the cards or models popping out from the cards when they are played?I know it will be a bit like yu gi oh style and take a considerable amount of time (animating etc) but the game is still in early stages and they can implement something like that.IMO it will be a great addition!

C-Drive
05-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Guys is anyone considering any 3d animation on the cards or models popping out from the cards when they are played?I know it will be a bit like yu gi oh style and take a considerable amount of time (animating etc) but the game is still in early stages and they can implement something like that.IMO it will be a great addition!

I know some folks like this, but I've never been a fan. The additional costs just for animations don't seem worth it in the end.

Kami
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Also, it would slow down gameplay as people would be waiting for animations to complete to get to the next phase.

It'd also add a ridiculous overhead in development time/costs. You'd pretty much need a dedicated animation/texturing/design/3d-modeling team.

The first set alone is over 1000 cards of PvE and PvP combined. And if you animate even more than just cards... that's a lot of work, even more so once expansions start kicking in.

If they had a lot of spare time and such in the future, maybe. Even MTGO experimented with this briefly but I think they scrapped it.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Also, it would slow down gameplay as people would be waiting for animations to complete to get to the next phase.

It'd also add a ridiculous overhead in development time/costs. You'd pretty much need a dedicated animation/texturing/design/3d-modeling team.

The first set alone is over 1000 cards of PvE and PvP combined. And if you animate even more than just cards... that's a lot of work, even more so once expansions start kicking in.

If they had a lot of spare time and such in the future, maybe. Even MTGO experimented with this briefly but I think they scrapped it.

The time it takes for animations is irrelevant because if you read my post I said it should be able to be turned off so if you don't want to wait you can do that. Also playing with other people if 1 person has it off its off. And it wouldn't be for PvP because they are already really long lol, so mandatorily off there too. It would be a pure PvE extra experience or casual PvP with friends/guild etc.

And yes I understand it would be a lot of work as I also said in original my post.

Kami
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
*nevermind delete*

Selix
05-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Stretch Goal Idea:
1. At $375,000 All kick-starter rewards include a permanent 5% discount bonus when buying booster packs that stacks with any other discount/promos! (Down to $0.00). This will never be handed out again!

2. Every $50,000 above $300,000 all kick-starter accounts receive +1 booster pack

3. Every $100,000 above $300,000 all kick-starter accounts receive +1 new Merc card.

C-Drive
05-11-2013, 03:04 PM
3. Every $100,000 above $300,000 all kick-starter accounts receive +1 new Merc card.

I really see more Mercs in the pipeline for Stretch Goals due to being PVE items.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Don't know if this was posted yet. This thread is kinda long. Maybe an Archenemy deck that someone can pick up and use to be a raid boss and take on 3 of their friends. You already have a raiding structure so why not alter it to allow a player boss?

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:04 PM
Stretch Goal Idea:
1. At $375,000 All kick-starter rewards include a permanent 5% discount bonus when buying booster packs that stacks with any other discount/promos! (Down to $0.00). This will never be handed out again!

2. Every $50,000 above $300,000 all kick-starter accounts receive +1 booster pack

1) cool idea but they're running i business i Highly doubt we'll see it.
2) possibly but considering the high tier of boosters is 150, they don't seem gun shy about digital boosters. If they're giving them out it'll probably be packs of 5-10.
3) Want this.

mase1771
05-11-2013, 10:05 PM
CAMEOS!!! Seriously cameos from Epic Spell Wars (Sir Lootzor FTW) and Hot Rod Creeps would be awesome! They could be PVE only or something.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:07 PM
Ohh This might be expensive but fun. Draft dungeon. Draft with a pool of people and take that deck into a PvE dungeon rather than a pvp match. fun and strategy of draft deck building with PvE content.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:09 PM
and hats. because every game needs hats now right? >.>

Dragkin
05-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure if its been mentioned really, but maybe kickstarter only dungeons/raids with a higher chance to earn a legendary item? Not sure how it could be implemented, but I think it'd be fun. Another thing that could be good would be a month's worth of free drafts (1 free draft a week) for those who are interested in PvP but are not high enough in the tier for the free draft for life. It could even give those with that perk an extra draft for the week. Just my 2 cents.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure if its been mentioned really, but maybe kickstarter only dungeons/raids with a higher chance to earn a legendary item? Not sure how it could be implemented, but I think it'd be fun. Another thing that could be good would be a month's worth of free drafts (1 free draft a week) for those who are interested in PvP but are not high enough in the tier for the free draft for life. It could even give those with that perk an extra draft for the week. Just my 2 cents.
That's pretty much covered in the dungeon crawler and pro player tiers. Since people are paying for them i doubt they'll reprise them as stretch goals. Maybe they'll add free draft "tickets' to bypass the cost for a few drafts.

lordkilljoy
05-11-2013, 11:57 PM
Some idea's:

For guild play or pro games have a web cam box to see the player's reactions during the game.

Weekly challenges/Holiday Events. These could be fun theme decks or PVE challenges.

Guild discounts for sealed deck tournaments as I can see them buying them in bulk.

It probably wound work but a facility to play in grad melee's.

M3d1vH
05-12-2013, 03:35 AM
The time it takes for animations is irrelevant because if you read my post I said it should be able to be turned off so if you don't want to wait you can do that. Also playing with other people if 1 person has it off its off. And it wouldn't be for PvP because they are already really long lol, so mandatorily off there too. It would be a pure PvE extra experience or casual PvP with friends/guild etc.

And yes I understand it would be a lot of work as I also said in original my post.

Well i believe as it was said above that the cost of it will be quite big as they will need to hire as new pro's for the team but yeah i was talking about the PvE part.Being a Design Engineer i have a slight idea of the time and costs that it will require but i thought it will be quite the addition!

Atomzed
05-12-2013, 03:59 AM
I like one of the stretch goal to be a confirmation for IOS/ Android tablet and mobile support.

I have several friends who like the rewards but are not willing to put in the money because there's no guarantee for mobile/ tablet. If say the stretch goal for 500,000 is support for IOS or Android, I'm sure more people will be willing to support!

Fool
05-12-2013, 04:21 AM
Something that would be a nice, small gesture and (hopefully) easy to implement might be allowing kickstart contributors to register user names 48 hours before other people who get beta access. That way if you kiclstart your more likely to get the username you actually want. It's a small thing butvid really like it.

ShaolinRaven
05-12-2013, 06:00 AM
I thought of another idea either as a stretch goal or as something to add down the road. I would love little PvP and PvE puzzles separate from dungeons or regular PvP where it presents you with a game in progress and you have to do things like win the round without using troops, or survive 3 turns when you're outmatched. I loved these brain teasers in other CCGs I've played cause it helps you with new strategies and makes you think about cards or situations you might not use or be in regularly.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 06:05 AM
I thought of another idea either as a stretch goal or as something to add down the road. I would love little PvP and PvE puzzles separate from dungeons or regular PvP where it presents you with a game in progress and you have to do things like win the round without using troops, or survive 3 turns when you're outmatched. I loved these brain teasers in other CCGs I've played cause it helps you with new strategies and makes you think about cards or situations you might not use or be in regularly.

This could be a weekly feature :
Puzzle of the week, how to gain this turn : one random winner would get 10 boosters or something just for the sake of having prize support :D

~

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 06:17 AM
They have already promised iOS support and hinted at Android. No need to make it a stretch goal, unless the funds are to push for release day with PC/Mac.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-12-2013, 06:18 AM

I do love the brain teasers. Like Fireblast said, a prize for completing it would cool.

Atomzed
05-12-2013, 07:27 AM
They have already promised iOS support and hinted at Android. No need to make it a stretch goal, unless the funds are to push for release day with PC/Mac.

Yeah, actually that's what I meant. Extra funds to commit to same time release or similar time release on IOS.

OP_Kyle
05-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Gonna throw down the gauntlet...

I will wrestle a bear at 2 million funding!

Kami
05-12-2013, 08:27 AM

Only if you fight the one on the right:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01545/bear-fight_1545082i.jpg

(j/k)

Storm_Fireblade
05-12-2013, 08:28 AM

I really want to be the first person to see your face, should it somehow happen the game reaches 2 million :D

UDareUTake
05-12-2013, 08:43 AM
All suggestions updated in http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149, Post #1 and #5

panahinuva
05-12-2013, 11:48 AM
High ranking equipment for tiers below dungeon master. I get the feeling that equipment is going to be a massive crapshoot, so it would be nice to start out with some of it for supporting the game.

Other ideas: Alternate artwork for PVP or PVE champions would be cool. Maybe some other little vanity things like the sleeves, like playmats or something.

Brambletoe
05-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Ios port, more class/races, KS exclusive boosters, KS exclusive skins, guild/friend draft matches

panahinuva
05-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Also, support for grouping up to explore dungeons. I have a couple of friends backing the game and I'd love to be sure that we'll be able to play together cooperatively.

Brambletoe
05-12-2013, 11:57 AM
$1 booster add ons

Devaux
05-12-2013, 12:00 PM
High ranking equipment for tiers below dungeon master. I get the feeling that equipment is going to be a massive crapshoot, so it would be nice to start out with some of it for supporting the game.

Other ideas: Alternate artwork for PVP or PVE champions would be cool. Maybe some other little vanity things like the sleeves, like playmats or something.

This. I want this.

theghost32
05-12-2013, 12:02 PM
actually i wast bring that up i reall want playmats that i can take to play at wow tounreys with hex stuff on them

MemphisRhodes
05-12-2013, 12:13 PM
I think getting artists like Michael Whelan to do a run on some cards would be a sweet stretch-goal.

Garod
05-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Honestly what I'd like to see is more guild interaction:

Suggestion 1:
Guilds can vie/fight one another for prime pieces of real estate. Governing a piece a land can give a guild certain perks within the PvE campaign. Every week/month or whatever interval is chosen another guild can try to drive the other guild off of that piece of land.
A contest will then be held between the guilds in a 3vs3 or 1vs1 match or possible a logic puzzle (win this fight in x amount of turns and fastest guild wins) or some other means to determine the winner. The winner then can claim that land.
If there are multiple guilds interested in one piece of land then they have to "fight" the other groups who are trying to claim this land and the winner of that can challenge the land owner.

Suggestion 2)
Have certain raid dungeons where you can actually bump into other players and then have to make a decision if you want to battle them or flee. Fleeing could incur some sort of penalty for the next encounter in the dungeon and Winning will give some sort of bonus.

3)
Giving the guilds something to work towards together.
Maybe have them be able to build a guild tower, or a home someplace. The guild can then work together by giving cards to the guild house to spruce it up and gain some sort of guild benefits. For example if you collect 1000 wild thresholds and you get a forest on surrounding your guild house, that in turn will give your guild a bonus to something or make an item available to them. The more rare the items you are collecting within your guild house the better the reward etc.
This both serves to make the usual "lands" or resource cards valuable in some form as well as works as a type of card/gold sink within the game.

Boojum
05-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Something else I'd like to see is some sort of mechanical incentive in PvE content for continuing to experiment, vary my approach, and try different decks.

One pitfall in mixing TCG and MMO mechanics is that there can be a tension between the most efficient way to play and the most enjoyable way to play. By that, I mean that TCGs are most fun when you are regularly trying out new deck types and experimenting with different approaches to the game. But once you get one reasonably well tuned and optimized deck, just sticking with that deck is likely to be the quickest way to run through dungeons and collect the greatest amount of loot per hour (since trying out a less-tuned deck will result in more deaths and failures). Essentially, the system mechanically incentivizes players to approach the game in a repetitive, less enjoyable manner. Obviously the player can always choose to switch things up, but the psychological lure of getting new stuff faster is pretty powerful, so tedious, repetitive, timesink gameplay patterns have become endemic to MMOs.

To counteract this, the best approach would be to offer special bonuses that aren't available to someone exclusively sticking with the same optimized deck forever. Perhaps a "rest" system granting bonus treasure if you haven't cleared that dungeon with that deck recently. Or a faction system where you get better rewards if you use a deck containing certain colors or troop types favored by that faction.

Digital_Aether
05-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Watching live games other people are having without showing hands or secret information. Watching playbacks of games with full information to the viewer. Why? Well first, because I enjoy watching other people play games and learning from them (think like DOTA 2's awesome viewer for tournament and even just random game play). Secondly, because if you combine it with iOS and Android support (which should hopefully come eventually), you get local multiplayer!

PvE could have one player on the screen, and others on their phones / tablets playing along. For PvP, this lets players keep their hands a secret by having both or all the players managing their hands and moves on their phone, while showing on the screen the current state of the board. This could really bring back the experience of sitting around with friends and playing cards in person. Having a nice big screen to watch the game and let anyone else who's there see what's going on, while keeping your cards hidden away so they don't know what instant you're totally about to beat them with.

Garod
05-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Something else I'd like to see is some sort of mechanical incentive in PvE content for continuing to experiment, vary my approach, and try different decks.

I agree that this is definitely a pitfall even if the dungeon is randomized to a certain degree you'll have your top 4-5 decks you switch between in the dungeon. I agree that some sort of incentive to keep changing your deck would be fun, and maybe the team can think of some sort of game mechanic for that. What I think is more likely to happen is that the dungeons themselves will change as new card sets are released changing the dungeon fundamentally and probably making your old decks semi obsolete.

Digital_Aether, completely agree with you that I also love watching games unfold etc. If people are worried about secret information etc then maybe one limitation is that you can either toggle your profile to private/open or that you somehow link it in a way so that you can watch the matches of your guild mates.

Digital_Aether
05-12-2013, 01:00 PM
A Labyrinth mode! As an expansion to the rogue-like idea before. Garod's suggestion 2 made me think of it. A PvE / PvP hybrid where multiple players, using PvP-only decks (since they're playable in PvE) have to navigate a dungeon or maze. The dungeon ( possibly randomly generated) starts with each player in a different area. If you both go into the same 'room' at the same time, you have to duel. Who ever can get to the boss / treasure in the middle wins. If you enter a room while someone else is fighting, you wait till their match ends, and then duel. So if you catch that guy just as he's about to beat the final boss? The duel queues up before he can get the treasure and win.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Well, it wont be a hazard for me - in Yugioh especially, against AI I was swapping decks out and making brand new ones usually within 10 or so wins. 60 card decks will make me stick longer, like in MTG: duels of the planeswalkers, but the lure to craft new and exciting combos is always nagging at me.

Mesquite
05-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Similar to Kingdoms CCG, you could have little nodes far into the quest line that, once unlocked, allowed players to use that resource once a day/week, and would give them some substantial reward. Getting a free booster a week for life would be a great stretch goal, and you could even allow these free booster tokens to be used for out of print sets (since it seems you are leaning towards that direction anyways).

Another idea would be similar to Hearthstone's Forge mode: a player drafts a small deck (using a variation of booster draft rules), and is then randomly matched up against other players that have gone through the same type of draft. The player continues to battle random people until they accrue 3 losses or 20 wins. Prizes get better the more you win obviously. Limiting this to once a day might be a good idea.

An idea from Rift: include functionality that will record video and/or stream it to popular livestream sites directly from within the game. If you do this, you'd have to include a blinders option, such that the players hand would not be visible to those watching the stream.

biggkenny
05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Alternate art for a lot of cards, I want my little samurai bunnies looking awesome and deadly! :D

Lots and lots of character appearance options, I want to feel unique. So definitely more colours.

Card sleeves/play mats.

Maybe even different animations for playing your cards, like how they enter the battlefield. Maybe they come in from the left and spin in towards the middle like you've thrown it out of your hand or maybe like you pulled the card from your hand above your head and straight down onto the field.

If you have a set in your deck, maybe you get unlock a icon that you can have on your avatar or like a little tattoo, or maybe it gives you a title while you have that set in your deck(like Biggkenny The Scorched or Biggkenny The Lightnings Hand or something)

Garod
05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Biggekenny you mean something like this ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pmu5sRIizdw#t=49s

cybersloughter
05-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Stretch goal ideas:

Boosters from the next release

Extra starter decks

Physical copy of the art book

Decrease in xp needed for individual cards to unlock full art, etc

More alternate art cards

Beta invites for friends

More copies of the included alternate art cards

Kickstarter only dungeon/raid

Exclusive Avatar art

A few pieces of exclusive equipment

---------------------------------------------------

I would also like to see some addon options. I can't convince my wife to let me upgrade from King to Grand King, but if some of the options were offered, like extra xp, or add the weekly drafts option I could probably convince her towards the upgrades. Some other addons that I would like to see would be some more deck sleeves, more alt art, and possibly some equipment packages ($5 for x number of random equipment, etc).

BTW, I am exceptionally excited and can't wait to see this happen.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:04 PM
The grand king gets everything from the $250 tiers, in case you werent aware, which means it gets the drafts weekly etc.

Mushroom_C1oud
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Another dungeon/raid (non-exclusive)

Animated 2D sprites on the cards would be a nice addition.

Greater guild function, improved guild bases.

Add another class.

Add another race.

More updates with gameplay videos while we wait.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Classes and Races could possibly be added later, but I dont think as a launch prject - especailly with how they described thier take on lore. They are set on what they want to do, and dont want to "Franken-lore" I think they put it.

Definitely vids! WE NEED MORE.

Adien_Alexander
05-12-2013, 02:30 PM
A few ideas that I've had:

* KS Backers have their accounts flagged to give a small chance (<1% maybe?) to open a "Loot card" in each booster pack they open. Loot ranges a card from an exclusive set, to a random number of random booster packs (Up to 5 maybe?). This percentage could scale slightly for higher tiers of backing (Up to 1% I'd say).

*An Ante System, similar to that of M:tG back in the day. Players Ante the top 3 cards of their deck before play, and the winner takes all. Special "Ante League Only" cards would be made that directly affect the Ante pile. I know this format would not be desirable for most players, but it should be successful for the more "hardcore" players.

* A crafting system: This would be for creating PvE cards only. Raid bosses could have a chance to drop "Material cards", which could be traded in for specific equipment (Think WoW TCG Crafting when UDE was calling the shots).

In closing, I cannot wait for Hex to be ready for Beta. I cannot wait to play.

cybersloughter
05-12-2013, 02:35 PM
The grand king gets everything from the $250 tiers, in case you werent aware, which means it gets the drafts weekly etc.

Yes, I am aware, but as I mentioned in my post, I can't convince my wife on the upgrade, especially since I got the earlybird King. Believe me, I'm trying. But my idea really was the chance to addon something specific from the other tiers.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Crafting is already confirmed, but no other info is known.

Ante might be abused, maybe there should be a certian limit if it were to happen.

The booster thing seems interesting, but maybe a little too biased towards kickstarters.

EDIT: What could be added from another tier? Everything from the lower tiers is already there, as far as I am aware. Your only other option is to chose your two favourites and get both - you get double the rewards from the lower tiers.

Xer0
05-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Personally, I think the best stretch goals are the ones that improve the game overall, for everyone, forever. Since we're pledging money to the company in order for them to make the best game they can possibly make, I'd much rather any extra money go into developing game features rather than hiring a printing company to print cards/books/t-shirts/posters/etc. New features directly benefit backers, and makes the game more enticing to players who may have not heard of the game during it's Kickstarter.

I'm brand new to the project, so please forgive me if some of these have been suggested, or are actually making their way to release, but some ideas might be:

More game modes - I've played a decent share of MTGO, and my favorite play sessions are always the "alternate play" varieties, such as Pauper, Commander, Prismatic, etc. I know Commander is pretty popular in "kitchen table" MTG circles, I'd love to see a similar game type in Hex.

An expanded release card pool - While I know it's difficult to balance both TCGs and MMOs (both at the same time... *shudder*), contributing to more variety in the initial launch card pool would be fantastic. More options spark more discussion, and more interest in making the game play just how you want to play it, regardless of your personal style.

More PvE content - Since this content is generally fully designed on the game dev side, more dungeon/raid encounters would be welcomed.

Mobile app / Authenticator - I know autheticators are highly requested, but a full fledged mobile app would be welcomed: A card database, a deck builder, access to the auction house, or even a simplified game version so you can play/earn rewards on the go.

Events: Special one-time events are not only a lot of fun and a great way to earn exclusive rewards, but draws players into a game. A special launch event would be a blast, and seasonal events are always fun in MMOs.

"Boosts" - Something like "For the first month after launch, all boosters will contain 2 extra cards" or some such promotion. Not only will players who are heavily invested get more for backing, but it will pull in players and get them spending money during the promo.

Gallery - An in-game area (maybe even directly connected to an external site that players can visit when not in the client) where players can publish their decklists and they can be commented/voted on.

Expanded content within the universe - Cryptozoic does deck building games too. A Hex-based deck building game would be a great way to get further immersed and have some form of physical Hex cards without having to worry about all the issues that come with a physical TCG format.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:44 PM
Xer0, a few of those have real potential, and a few have been mentioned before. Still, nice list.

Showsni
05-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Haven't read through the whole thread, and hey, maybe these ideas are already planned to be added to the game; but here are a few things anyway...

Pack Wars. When opening up a booster, have the option to click a "Pack War" button and be matched up against someone else doing the same thing, then play a pack wars game with the cards from the booster. There are a few different styles of pack wars; the one I'm most used to from Magic has the rules: "Starting hand size is three. You may play only one spell per turn (individual turns; if you play a creature on your turn, you can play an instant during your opponent's turn still). You don't need mana to play spells or activate abilities, but X in any cost is limited to 3 or below." This is a fun way to slowly reveal the cards from your booster, and make a game of opening boosters; and with the large amount of boosters the Kickstarters are going to have going in, could be pretty useful!

Extra Limited formats; for example, Rochester Draft, Rotisserie Draft, Cube Draft (can you tell I like drafting?). If you don't know what they are... In Rochester, each pack is opened and put on a table. Each player picks one card down to the eighth, who picks two, then you wheel back up the players. Then you open the next booster. You end up by knowing every card everyone has picked (and all have a turn to get first pick). Rotisserie is kind of similar, but instead of laying a booster out one at a time you lay an entire single set out, and wheel up and down with your picks until it's all gone. In Cube, one person makes a "Cube" of whatever cards they want 50-70 in each colour, usually the best in the game - then you shuffle it up and make it into boosters for normal drafting. Okay, that probably works better in Magic where there are an awful lot of old (and powerful) cards, but maybe something to add for the future.

Raid decks; by which I mean, playing as the boss in a raid with the super powerful decks and seeing if your friends can take you down. You know, like in the WoW TCG.

Daily rewards; the free Spectral Lotus a day for logging in (once you own a garden) sounds awesome. Maybe some more daily log in rewards? (Or weekly, or whatever). Not sure what form they could take though.

Customisable playmats and deckboxes (and coins/dice if there are any flippy cards), to go with the customisable sleeves?

"Make a puzzle" mode. Sounds like there could be some dungeons based on puzzles already. Well, how about a mode where you set up a puzzle for other people to solve? Something like "Given this board position and these cards in hands, find the one way to win this turn." These puzzles could then be freely available for other people to try and solve; perhaps the puzzle setter could even be able to offer a prize for the first person to solve the puzzle! (A card or booster from their collection, say.)

C-Drive
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Pack Wars. When opening up a booster, have the option to click a "Pack War" button and be matched up against someone else doing the same thing, then play a pack wars game with the cards from the booster. There are a few different styles of pack wars; the one I'm most used to from Magic has the rules: "Starting hand size is three. You may play only one spell per turn (individual turns; if you play a creature on your turn, you can play an instant during your opponent's turn still). You don't need mana to play spells or activate abilities, but X in any cost is limited to 3 or below." This is a fun way to slowly reveal the cards from your booster, and make a game of opening boosters; and with the large amount of boosters the Kickstarters are going to have going in, could be pretty useful!

This is gold.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Pack wars sounds like the best fun feature ever - maybe offer it to guilds? I dont think it will be a nice thing to be forced into, so guilds seem safe to me - choose to play a guildy at pack opening.

Adien_Alexander
05-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Crafting is already confirmed, but no other info is known.

Ante might be abused, maybe there should be a certian limit if it were to happen.

The booster thing seems interesting, but maybe a little too biased towards kickstarters.

Ah, I did not see anything on crafting, granted I have not watched any of the videos yet.

Agreed, if Ante is implemented, it should have a limit.

The booster thing could be implemented as a general idea, instead of a Backer perk.

Also, looking at Xer0's post (#153 (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23116&p=208890&viewfull=1#post208890)), I like a lot of the ideas mentioned there, as well as the draft ideas mentioned by Showsni (#155 (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23116&p=208913&viewfull=1#post208913))

Tyrfang
05-12-2013, 04:31 PM
With all the custom game rules, maybe a toolkit to create your own game mode, as well as a method of rating the gamemodes would be the best method of incorporating them. Maybe a monthly featured game mode to promote the more obscure ones?

So here's a few stretch-goal type features I just came up with:
1) Vanity Pets and PvE Pets (Minor buffs a la Puzzle Quest)

2a) Custom Player Portraits (Client side/friends list/guild mates only, to avoid profane/silly/lore-breaking portraits)

2b) Custom Champion Borders

3) Custom Art KS-only resource cards (visual affect only)

4) "Season" Passes (e.g. access to an unlimited number of PvP cards, untradeable for a period of time, for a fee)

5) Global unlocking systems for new cards (basically early preview for certain cards or mechanics of the next set - Think unlocking AQ40 in vanilla WoW for anyone with a memory that goes back that far)

6) 'PuG' raids/matchmaker (if it isn't already in the works) for dungeons.

7)Replay mode (for your own games, from any viewpoint)

8) Custom AI players (to practice against or test a specific deck type your own choosing)

9) AI Allies during Raids/PvE (think GW1, but this somewhat limits the social feature of the game. It's more of a feature for the pure soloist)

10) The ability to control multiple 'players' at the same time in the same match:
i.e. in PvE, you could be all 3 decks of the 3v1 raids. Think FF3US's split party dungeons or Super Mario Super Star Saga)
In PvP, effectively a single player can play, for example, both decks of a team in a 2v2 match

10b) Allow a person to play multiple games at the same time (e.g. three separate 1v1 games against the same player)

flit
05-12-2013, 04:37 PM
All character slots for backers are free/open. I know it's in the freemium model of MMO's to charge per character slot past 1 or 2, but because we're kickstarting this game for you, and are apparently excited to try out this thing, i'd imagine a lot of us plan on using lots of alts and character slots.

Also, each 5 or so stretch goals, a new "sleeve" set for backers to use would be nice.

BlueSteel
05-12-2013, 04:43 PM
I really think guest artists are an awesome idea. I remember Gabe from PA did a WoW card for Leeroy Jenkins and it was the best. Maybe even different artists at different Stretch Goals with more well-known (and pricier) artists at higher levels.

Tyrfang
05-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Less of a stretch goal, more of an idea:
A way to get rid of gluts of common cards (e.g. exchange a certain number of commons into a booster or use them in crafting.)

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Crafting is confirmed, but we do need a fair few card sinks, so if you have more ideas, go nuts.

elsimer
05-12-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't know if it's been suggested yet or not, but as a stretch goal how about adding alpha testing to some (or all) of the tiers? Or perhaps an alpha testing weekend for backers?

Tyrfang
05-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Go nuts...huh.

Use copies of cards to instantly upgrade a card to a foiled version.
Using cards as entrance fees to certain dungeons or events.
"Mint Condition" label on cards that have never been used.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Tyrfang, those are actually really good. I am glad I asked you for more! Keep it coming if you have them haha.

Tyrfang
05-12-2013, 05:23 PM
As an add on to player-dungeons:

Here's a thought:
Passive loot/bragging rights/ladder system for making a dungeon that has a very high difficulty rating, and your loot scales with the difficulty of the dungeon.

So for example, let's say your dungeon is really easy and 90% of the players who attempt it, clear the dungeon. They get minimal amounts loot, and the creator only gets loot if they fail to clear the dungeon.
A dungeon that is incredibly difficult and 80% of players fail will give large amounts of loot to the few that do clear the dungeon, and you get loot for the players who fail. Encourages both players and creators to go after difficult dungeons.

Conversely, you could make it a 'siege' type situation, where you have to hold off players and gain a weekly/monthly/etc. bonus for holding a location for a certain amount of time.

Tyrfang
05-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Tyrfang, those are actually really good. I am glad I asked you for more! Keep it coming if you have them haha.

Sure, here's a more complicated one.

The ability to send 'cards' out on adventures. Chance of failure or success dependent on gear/rarity/gems and quest difficulty. During this time they cannot be in your deck. There's a chance of coming back with free loot, or discover a (randomly generated?) dungeon! ...or they might get injured and be unable to participate in more adventures (for a certain period of time). However, there's a tradeoff: these cards will no longer be tradeable, effectively taking them out of the card pool.

EDIT: To make that clear, I meant an entire deck is sent out, effectively as an AI. It would simulate games against whatever stuff it encounters along the way and then comes back after a certain amount of time.

EDIT2: As a much more complicated scheme, this system could be used in the faction vs. faction war, e.g. simulating games played by AIs using player made decks in order to determine which side wins/loses a skirmish/battle. If this were the case, I wouldn't recommend making the cards untradable, because that would discourage players from partaking in the feature.

C-Drive
05-12-2013, 05:46 PM
The ability to send 'cards' out on adventures.

I love this one too. Reminds me of a similar feature in Megaman X Command Mission.

Nexi
05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
2 or 3 things (that may or may not have been mentioned)

Animated avatars doing battle in the middle of the arena for combat damage phases. Change the player images into 3D models and have them leap into the middle during combat, performing physical attacks against each other equal to the number of creature cards that are attacking and blocking etc. Casting spells or whatnot for any instant action types.

Say you have a deck of x amount of cards that is saved and all those cards have been leveled up all the way and you are really proud of your achievement, there should be a chance to press a "purchase physical set" button. Price would be x per card, y per holofoil plus z for services rendered. Would come in a nice display folder or case for the collectors among us perhaps with our respective kickstarter tier sleeves.

yes to the authenticator, yes to the additional customisation options for what looked like keeps in the videos and anything else that you can claim ownership of as an individual

kuvasza
05-12-2013, 09:44 PM
In no particular order...

An authenticator (an app is preferred)
In-game rewards for adding an authenticator to your account (SWTOR handled this nicely)
player rating system (rewards optional but art is sufficient) based on conduct/feedback (helpful, good sport, frequently disconnects, rude, rare-drafts, ...) with option to challenge negative feedback
option to save games for replay/review
draft queues that are open to players with a player rating > x (rewards good behavior; also, a way to play a random game with players who play at a certain level or who have a good reputation)
tournaments/draft queues (temporary) based on achieving in-game milestones (e.g. faction reputation ... achieve X by Y and be eligible for the tournament)

kuvasza
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, and anything actually signed by the developers is gold.

kuvasza
05-12-2013, 09:59 PM
I think getting artists like Michael Whelan to do a run on some cards would be a sweet stretch-goal.
Yes yes yes. Kaja/Phil Foglio would be another. Stephanie Pui-Min Law. Cards or any artwork I could use in-game.

Isaac
05-12-2013, 10:57 PM
I really want to be able to play this on my Ipad. How about an Ipad version? That would be so awesome!

Hibbert
05-12-2013, 11:18 PM
Yes yes yes. Kaja/Phil Foglio would be another. Stephanie Pui-Min Law. Cards or any artwork I could use in-game.

Gabe from Penny Arcade would be a good choice too. Tycho seems taken with the game, so maybe they could just buy them off with some more boosters :) . Plus, Gabe art as a stretch goal might increase the pledges from all the Penny Arcade fans.

UDareUTake
05-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Updated, Please view Post #1,#5,#7 for a consolidated list of suggestions. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149

Beastmaster
05-12-2013, 11:26 PM
How about the first playset of cards for every set is signed, given a gold boarder and distributed amongst the boosters as the ultimate collectable? Or some cards are deliberately misprinted like rare stamps and will register an achievement on their double back when reported becoming uber rare.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 11:34 PM
Will there be an option for a 2D non animated version of the battlefield?
3D and tons of laser/fire gets on my nerves quickly

~

Arrow
05-12-2013, 11:48 PM
I'd really like to have more customization options when creating our PVE characters. Of course, we don't know for sure what options are currently available, but it looks like you only get to choose your race and class (and then your charge powers and other perks as you level). I think it would be cool if there were multiple character appearances you could choose from (or possibly unlock through in-game accomplishments), such as different genders where applicable (I know the Vennen and Dwarves can only be male). It would be nice to be able to group up with your friends for raids and look different from each other, even if you're playing exactly the same race/class combinations.

Other ideas that I'm greatly in favor of (and have already been mentioned) include authenticator support, the ability to record/replay games, spectator mode, physical playmats and card sleeves, a mobile companion app (card database, auction house access, guild management functions, etc.), and alpha testing for select contributors. But of course, the number one goal I'd like to unlock is to move the beta up to June :)

engelsjager
05-13-2013, 12:45 AM
I'm liking a lot of the ideas going through this forum and I love the fact that cryptozoic is outsourcing for ideas on Stretch Goals. I must say though I have to agree with people who suggest that we should focus on features or gifts for KS'ers only. The company is trying to get people to donate more money through Kickstarter, and in order to convince more people to donate, don't come up with ideas for things that everyone will get, else they might not bother with the kickstarter if the stretch goal has already been reached. Give them the chance to 'buy in' to gain access to the special gifts if they donate on KickStarter ONLY. Its not that hard to understand the process.

Physical gifts sound like fun:
Badges
stickers
lotus card (signed?)
certificate of thanks
Signed autograph of the 'clown assassination target' picture from the KickStarter video.
Definitly down for the authenticator.
A physical copy of the art book would be very cool.

Virtual gifts could be things like:
A badge next to your name saying that you are a KickStarter pledger.
Priority on log-in queue if the servers are busy.
More exclusive art sounds like fun.
Exclusive items
Reoccurring Bonus EXP days
Or maybe a card similar to the lotus but instead of daily, you get one per week. When used it gives you a day of bonus EXP (they would sell wickedly on the auction house)
A card that finds shortcuts in PVE dungeons which skips an encounter (for the story grinder types).
Invites to test unreleased decks on beta servers.

Congrats on such a great idea for a game guys and i'm looking forward to playing soon :)

BigDog
05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
i know some other people have mentioned video/streaming but i wanted to build on that idea a little bit.
-In-game ability to record my matches/games
-Ability to watch those games within the game program and be able to share them by ingame mail to others
-Create a file and store these games on my hard drive for easy archiving
-Be able to flag moments in the game while recording for easy reviewing later
-Able to export the vid files in common video format

I also love the idea of live pro-tour tournaments.

I'd love to see the game keep track of my record vs. my opponents and be able to see what my W-L record is vs them when we get paired up and see what they have played vs. me recently

I'd also like to see the ability for voice chat implemented with the game.

Android supported app.

I also like the idea of kickstarter backers being able to register names before the general public.

Extended art cards as a possible replacement for foils.

an ELO rating system for the game

in-guild draft option

Pack wars idea is pretty sick.

Oaka23
05-13-2013, 01:42 AM
I haven't read through all 18 pages of this yet so it's probably been suggested, and it's kinda big so it'd probably have to be a later goal, but here it is anyway

An app for android/ios/windows phone(lol) that could roll together the authenticator people are requesting with some (or...ALL?) other features, assuming they could even be implemented, like on the go deck editing, collection viewing, AH access, booster/deck/whatever purchasing, and tournament signup as well as smaller stuff like having the news and articles posted to the normal site. What I'm saying is when I'm bored at work I want to be able to still be soaked in the game. Cuz it's turning out to be awesome.

UDareUTake
05-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Consolidated Stretch Goals Ideas/Suggestions updated up to this point, http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149,

Please view Post #1,#5,#7

biggkenny
05-13-2013, 02:57 AM
How about you move all KS backers up to the next tier, free :P

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Whats above producer?

WaylandX
05-13-2013, 06:41 AM
T-Shirt would be cool, i also like the Authenticator idea. Mby a mouse pad?

Shrennan
05-13-2013, 06:49 AM
How about the first playset of cards for every set is signed, given a gold boarder and distributed amongst the boosters as the ultimate collectable? Or some cards are deliberately misprinted like rare stamps and will register an achievement on their double back when reported becoming uber rare.

I don't think this necessarily has to be a Kickstarter goal (it doesn't seem like it would be that intensive to do) but I love this idea and I think Cryptozoic should implement it or something like it!

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 06:55 AM
What do you mean by 1st playset?
The 1st person who has 4 of each cards?
It would always be the shops and the producers, or the guy who's in the right timezone to buy 1000 boosters once the servers open/the boosters kick in.

Anyone who collects a full set could have it signed (with the option of showing/not showing) but then friends/guild would just put all the cards on the same account to have them signed and then trade back to their previous owners.

Signed cards could be a 3rd type of perk on the double back tho (we already have achievements give EA, exp gives Foil)

˜

WaylandX
05-13-2013, 06:55 AM
Oh yea I deff want a Replays/Spectate mode!
Read about it here http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 06:59 AM
What do you mean by 1st playset?
The 1st person who has 4 of each cards?
It would always be the shops and the producers, or the guy who's in the right timezone to buy 1000 boosters once the servers open/the boosters kick in.

Anyone who collects a full set could have it signed (with the option of showing/not showing) but then friends/guild would just put all the cards on the same account to have them signed and then trade back to their previous owners.

Signed cards could be a 3rd type of perk on the double back tho (we already have achievements give EA, exp gives Foil)

˜

What they could do is that every week they showcase an artist's work (free advertisement for them).
You get 10 questions (out of a 100 possible) about his work/life (you'd have to check his website to find answers), for each right answer you can choose a card that he did the art for to be signed.

The only abuse would be to create other accounts to have more cards signed, but if someone is gonna bother that much (getting 10 random out of 100 questions), they diserve it :)

˜

UDareUTake
05-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Updated once again at, http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149

Post #1,#5,#7

quite a few repeat ideas this time round

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 07:38 AM
UDare, thanks for maintaining the list of stretch goals for the community

Could you add the following to your cumulative list?

1) Faction vs. faction war, e.g. games played by AIs (or real pvp) using player-made decks in order to determine which side wins the battle for a certain location for loot/buffs.

2) With all the custom game rule suggestions, a toolkit to create your own game mode, as well as a method of rating the gamemodes would be a great method of incorporating all of them. Maybe even add ladders for the individual game modes.

Tinuvas
05-13-2013, 08:12 AM
1. Authenticator support, preferably with an app option
2. More options for play (Commander, momir, 2 headed giant, wierd draft options, cube, etc. etc.)
3. More options for dungeons / raids. I realize it would be difficult to make work well, but I want to run some dungeons with just my wife while also having options for 4-6 friends to pound face together. This is a big deal for me. Limits to solo play and groups of 3 maketh me grumpy.
4. Possibly to solve the large multiple player turn based issues, a real-time/turn-based hybrid that has everyone doing things at the same time. If there was a way to make it work, you could make 40 person raids with a minimum of fuss, but that WOULD take a bit of effort...
5. I'm sure this is in the works, but digital playmats would be awesome!
6. Lot's of options for adjusting the UI to fit individual taste. The game looks great, but I would love to adjust the arena to make things more square than circular, make the 'phase' indicator linear rather than circular, move or even remove items from the table, make the combat indicator a color shift to red rather than flames in the middle etc. etc. I want to make the game experience MINE!
7. More community oriented stuff. I'm sure this is in the works as well, but leadership boards, inter-guild competitions, guild rankings, etc.
8. Research and post tournament options. While it is a forgone conclusion that fan sites and wiki's will tear the game down and rebuild it many times a day, having access to what the metagame is at the moment (and even winning draft builds) would be nice.
9. Capacity to record and transmit games/drafts as mentioned many times elsewhere. Big deal. If my budget for the month is shot, at least I can watch someone ELSE having fun and learn something in the process.
10. Thugs. Lots of hired thugs. I am really tired of people coming up with these awesome ideas (curse you CzE!!!) that REQUIRE me to live on beans and rice so I can get my gaming fix. Thugs could be sent out to...dissuade...others from taking more of my money with awesome ideas. Then I can send it ALL to CzE. Wait...what am I saying?!?

BigDog
05-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Id also like to see in game coverage of 'major' tournaments with real time commentary in a separate widget so i can toggle back and forth between a game im playing and watching coverage without having to leave the interface for something like twitch. Tv. Might need blinders for this to prevent ghosting

UDareUTake
05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Updated again at http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149,

Due to the large amount of info, currently its been broken into 4 posts, refer to the individual post and use the quoted box to view the next post

kuvasza
05-13-2013, 08:51 AM
PVP War zones. Factions control territory in a virtual map and gain benefits for their deck from it.

3HoursDungeon
05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
More free drafts per week for life. The thing I care about most with TCGs is the limited play and I know I'm not alone. Even adding another tier or possible section to purchase free drafts per week for life?

Isaac
05-13-2013, 10:00 AM

they're doing this? YESSSSSSSSSSSSS! So happy. I was wondering why it didn't make it onto the consolidated lists. A tablet is my ideal format for this kind of game.

valkyrienoel
05-13-2013, 10:21 AM
I would love to see.

1. Key Authentication. We are going to be spending hundreds of dollars and knowing the account is well protected makes that investment safer.
2. Import/Export of Decks so players can swap combinations easily across the web.
3. Observer Mode. Watching a top tournament live or tracking the player who beat you during a tournament is a great way to foster community and learn.
4. Leaderboard. Watching/keeping track of players, or your own score is always great fun.
5. Comprehensive Tutorial. A lot of us are previous magic players, but MMOs live and die by welcoming fresh blood into their communities.

Devaux
05-13-2013, 10:24 AM
There's been a lot of talk about crafting cards into other cards but I wanted to pitch an idea that may/may not have been mentioned. What about crafting spare cards into boosters? Like 33 commons 9 uncommons and 3 rares into a booster or something like that. I'd bump my pledge to try and meet that stretch goal.

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 10:29 AM
There's been a lot of talk about crafting cards into other cards but I wanted to pitch an idea that may/may not have been mentioned. What about crafting spare cards into boosters? Like 33 commons 9 uncommons and 3 rares into a booster or something like that. I'd bump my pledge to try and meet that stretch goal.

That's already been suggested as a potential card sink. Glad we think alike. =)

Devaux
05-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Oops. Hadn't seen the idea to craft into packs. My bad.

KeplerVerge
05-13-2013, 10:45 AM
ShaolinRaven -Also for general features I would love a "Collection Page" where it shows all the cards in a set and the ones the you don't have are greyed out.
^this. A color indicator would really help in deck accounting. I've spent a ginormous amount of time with accounting on my physical mtg collection; If I didn't have the fatpack booklet, I'd have to go to gatherer and search by set, rarity and then sort by color. This is one of the reasons I love, love, love digital cards. Mtgo's collection accounting was functional but needed some serious improvements, esp. for large collections. The less time I have to spend sorting and accounting, the better!

Boojum- Or a faction system where you get better rewards if you use a deck containing certain colors or troop types favored by that faction.
-Some sort of challenge/incentive option for completing areas with/without certain cards/colors sounds pretty good.

Mesquite - you'd have to include a blinders option, such that the players hand would not be visible to those watching the stream.
-I really like the idea of a spectate/broadcast option with hidden hands so there is no compromised game integrity.

Tyrfang - A way to get rid of gluts of common cards (e.g. exchange a certain number of commons into a booster or use them in crafting.) Use copies of cards to instantly upgrade a card to a foiled version.
-I second this desire and the copies burned to upgrade to foil is a cool idea.

I stopped reading at that post, time for work :P

Mine: Hi-res art image files for people who want posters (so they can print them themselves, instead of the adding a physical product aspect to the kickstarter).

Exclusive alternate art/deck sleeves being made available as in-game playmat images.

More equipment awards throughout the tiers.

As an aside, I'm a Dragon Lord backer('cause this idea is awesome) and I'd like to know if the vanity cards are going to strictly be vanity or if they are going to be in-game useable/part of a future set(since it's just customized picture and not function, actual useability would be amazing)

UDareUTake
05-13-2013, 11:09 AM
U can view the consolidated ideas with ease over here http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149

Hibbert
05-13-2013, 12:17 PM
PVP War zones. Factions control territory in a virtual map and gain benefits for their deck from it.

This is a wonderful idea. I could picture a format something like a league, but players are split up into multiple factions. Winning games gets you benefits for your faction. You'd need some serious balancing to make sure the advantage isn't insurmountable, or else make at least 3 factions, so it's a bit more of a push and pull.

It'd also be a nice theme for a casual environment that allows for PvE and PvP cards. Maybe you could go in with a PvP deck, and get access to certain PvE cards, equipment, and mercenaries by controlling specific territories. It's be a good way to create a PvP/PvE environment but limit "annoying" PvE effects.

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh...right.
Multi-classing.

How'd we forget that.

Avagantamos
05-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Group/team formats. Such as 2v2, 3v3, etc. Maybe a field battle mode that is like 5v5 (or 10v10 if you wanna go crazy). Then some type of tournament/AI support for these. So you and a friend can essentially Co-op vs 2 AI.

BigDog
05-13-2013, 04:14 PM
How could i forget this stretch goal?!

Stretch Goal - Add Druid as a Playable Class.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Stretch Goal Idea:
The ability to see the cards left in your deck/opponents deck (with player permission) after the game is over.

Devaux
05-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Stretch goal idea: Phantom Primal Drafts

I've seen a lot of requests for Phantom drafts (drafts that don't cost packs but you also don't keep the cards) and I want that too. But imagine you do that but instead of 3 normal packs you use 3 primal packs! Imagine the craziness that would ensue!

You could even just have them for limited periods or something but still it sounds awesome.

EDIT: I would like to echo the desire for a druid class and add my desire for as many treefolk as possible.

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Stretch Goal Idea: Unique racial classes.
Maybe make faction equivalent ones.

Shin'hare Samurai = Human Knight
Vennen Inquisitor = Coyotle Shaman
Dwarven Artificer = Elven Artisan
Necrotic Reaper = Orc Gladiator

Creepshow
05-14-2013, 01:43 PM
This might be pointless to some and a little childish, but some sort of avatar system. This could allow for more personalization, plus the future possibility of having tournament based rewards for said avatar. Its always nice to have a little self expression and bragging rights.

Dekester
05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Something that always hooked me about MMOs was the way they could mirror real life holidays. I'd love to have themed cards inserted randomly in packs that are opened at a certain time. Say 1 week before and 1 week after Christmas for example, and you could get either alternative art or brand new flavorful holiday cards.

Also, as a longtime WoW player. I was a huge collector of vanity pets. I'd love to be able to randomly get a pet in a pack, in a dungeon, or even as a KS only reward. The pet could sit in the lower right corner of the game interface. He could have a few animations, an idle, a cheer, a cringe when you take damage, a victory and defeat pose. You could "feed" it equipment or cards you do not want to give it experience to randomly evolve, or it could even gain experience from games you win while he is on your sideline. I think the potential for these pets could be huge. You could even make some of them into micro-transactions, or even tournament or league prizes. Heck, you can even probably have equipment or extra animations for them as prizes, drops or micro-transactions.

Oh, and have leagues! One new pack a week to add to your deck, play so many games a week to stay in the league.

BigDog
05-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Also, as a longtime WoW player. I was a huge collector of vanity pets. I'd love to be able to randomly get a pet in a pack, in a dungeon, or even as a KS only reward. The pet could sit in the lower right corner of the game interface. He could have a few animations, an idle, a cheer, a cringe when you take damage, a victory and defeat pose. You could "feed" it equipment or cards you do not want to give it experience to randomly evolve, or it could even gain experience from games you win while he is on your sideline. I think the potential for these pets could be huge. You could even make some of them into micro-transactions, or even tournament or league prizes. Heck, you can even probably have equipment or extra animations for them as prizes, drops or micro-transactions.

It's funny you mention this. The other day i was thinking that i'd love to have a card that was able to curse my opponent outside of our current game. I'd love to curse them with an animated "helper" similar to 'Clippy" from older MS Word fame. It would give them completely unnecessary, unhelpful advice in an annoying manner for something like 12 hours. I didn't post it because the reward for the amount of programming required wouldn't be very high. If they implemented a pet system like you mentioned however.....

Hi! It looks like you are building a deck! Would you like some help?

We strongly suggest you play more troops in your draft deck! Would you like to exchange [Limited Bomb] for [Unplayable Troop]?

Tyrfang
05-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Clippy would be funny, but...
I don't think that the ability to pay to make someone else's game less enjoyable in anyway would be the best idea for an MMO.

I also mentioned vanity pets (and even gameplay affecting pets for PvE, a la Puzzle Quest) a while back.

I'd like the idea incorporated as a stretch goal, and feeding cards to the pet as a card sink (and to power him up) would be an interesting addition.

Selix
05-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I know there are a number of people who are worried about pledging a significant amount of money before having even a taste of the game to play so this Stretch Goal ideapopped into my head/

Proof of Devotion, Proof of Concept
$600,000k

2 Weeks after beta begins for 72 hours any remaining kickstarter pledge tiers will be reopened for additional pledges.

Limited to unfilled pledges of Collector tier and above.

Vibraxus
05-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Stretch goals:

And not specifically as a kickstarter stretch goal, but the mention of the WOW TCG Raid decks made me think about the development of a Raid PVP option, where one player takes on the role of the Boss, and another 3, 4 or ? fight him. The new raids in the WOW TCG kind of have the Raid autorun, but the earlier ones had more player choices in the Raid deck as a player ran it.

This would be amazing. But we gotta add a penalty to any raid deck boss who lays down for his buddies. Maybe not let any member of a guild be the boss if any other member of their guild is in the run.

Bottom line there has to be some way to keep the "boss" from just throwing the battle to give friends the uber drops easy.

YouMustChoose
05-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Some things I want to have in the game.

1. Achievements/Rewards- I know cards have achievements on them that reward alternate art but I think it'd be pretty cool to have an achievement tab on your profile that displayed account achievements also. Also if some of those account achievements gave vanity items like deck sleeves or alternate card art that would be pretty awesome. I just think something like this will really increase the game's re-playability without much effort. Plus my many achievements will impress my friends and strike fear into my enemies.

2. Deck Sharing- This would be freaking amazing. First I think there should be a public deck sharing area where people can show off the decks they built to others. Second I know that if people could pm private deck builds to each other it would really help guild leaders keep track of what guild members are doing and it would be a really helpful community builder. One of the best part of tcgs is the ability to talk with your friends about deck builds and strategy so the ability to look at a complete or maybe even partially complete decks would be awesome.

3. Profiles- I noticed a lot of people are asking for more vanity items so I figure an awesome place to hold vanity items would be really cool. I'm thinking a profile should have avatar pics, show your current deck sleeves and maybe display a pet or something. It would be really awesome if some deck sleeves or avatar pics were able to change the background of your profile. Hell I'd probably be willing to pay for something like that with real money.

Daer
05-14-2013, 07:29 PM
1. It has been confirmed there are account/guild/etc. achievements.

2. You can register decks in the guild bank and guildmates can check them out and play them.

Stok3d
05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I want to see the below:

* Extra Stretch $ to go toward enhancing the game (hiring more ppl to program pve or graphics) and not your pockets. I only see this extra money giving more packs etc and not further game enhancements.
* I'd like to see animations of some sort. Hearthstone has some good looking animations & audio already in their alpha (understand this may come in time).
* A que system in place for Dungeons & Raids. ie: Looking for Raid / Looking for Dungeon
* Ability to assemble a set and buy / sell complete sets on AH
* No more than a 5% fee for AH (ppl threw around 15% and that is absolutely unacceptable)
* Guild Chieves / Player Chieves
* Ability to watch matches in progress
* Ability to replay matches that took place
* Ability to view your collection online & export it to say .csv or .xls

UDareUTake
05-15-2013, 01:43 AM
More and More repeated ideas @.@

Take a look at the updated Consolidated Thread, as of Post #221.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23149, There are currently 4 posts worth of ideas now, refer to the thread for more info..

biggkenny
05-18-2013, 05:34 AM
Can we have a stretch goal where you replace the grammatically incorrect "for free" with "free".

"When a troop being stalked by this troop enters play, you may play this troop for free"

should be

"When a troop being stalked by this troop enters play, you may play this troop free".

The current "for free" is horribly wrong and just sounds uneducated and stupid.

I would greatly appreciate it if I could have a game where this incredibly obvious mistake is not done.

Thanks.

Biggkenny's autism.

Hibbert
05-18-2013, 06:34 AM
biggkenny this isn't meant as a flame, but I'm kinda curious why you think that phrase isn't grammatical. As a native English speaker, it doesn't set off any alarms for me. Plus I've never had any English teacher talk about that phrase or similar phrases being ones to avoid. Consider the following sentences:

You expect me to work for free?
*You expect me to work free?
The doctor told me to take this pill as necessary.
*The doctor told me to take this pill necessary.

I marked the sentences I found ungrammatical with asterisks(Technically, I could accept the second sentence, but with an alternate meaning of "You expect me to work myself free(from this trap/mud/etc.)") . Would you mark the opposite sentences? And do the sentences sound wrong to you or are you remembering a rule that was taught to you?

Again, not flaming in any way, just linguistically curious. And for everyone else, forgive what may be one of the weirder derails.

Fireblast
05-18-2013, 07:04 AM
http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/for_free.htm

~

Devaux
05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
Its just an anomaly of TCG templating. Because of how cards are worded the grammatically correct wording may not be the most clear to a player or the most friendly to the rules.

biggkenny
05-18-2013, 07:33 AM
"For no cost" would be better.

To me, free means "for nothing", for free means for for nothing. Also free is not a value.

I can't help but notice this, and am trying very hard to adjust to it, but my mind just won't let this slide and the term just sticks out to me.

I would rather the cards said "for no cost" or "at no cost" as this is the clearest explanation possible, and is undoubtedly and factually correct.

I guess it's just a pet peeve, like people using the word "literally" instead of "figuratively". Just an autistic trait I have.

Hibbert
05-18-2013, 07:42 AM
I know how it is. I had a teacher who's pet peeve was "disenfranchise". It's widely used now, but "disfranchise" sounds better to me(and is less redundant!), since I had that drilled in. It all depends on what your teacher's favorite prescriptive rules are :) .

I was just curious because that was a kinda obscure rule I hadn't heard before. Thanks for that link Fireblast, I'll have to explore that site some more.

biggkenny
05-18-2013, 08:07 AM
I guess I should throw down an idea while I'm here.

Customisable guild hall(or castle?). It grows as the guild does, so top guilds will have huge castles, while smaller guilds will start off in sheds and houses.

Showsni
05-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Stating that something is "for free" is perfectly good english; see usage 19.g of the preposition "for" in the OED. (Certainly it wasn't originally correct usage, but they have citations of it in that sense since 1942, so I think it has become accepted usage by now.)

biggkenny
05-18-2013, 09:04 AM
The more evidence that "for free" is correct, the better. I desperately want to adjust and accept it, but every time I see it, it stands out because I've been taught that it is wrong. With enough evidence, I can believe that it is correct, and finally my quality of life will be drastically improved!

Xenavire
05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
I think it also depends on country and everything. While both are accepted in NZ english, for free is far more common, and people look funny at you if you skip the 'for'.

Well, when they are smart enough to notice, these are the same people who currently say 'Yeah, nah' before every sentance. Talk about obnoxious. And thats coming from an NZ'er.

Stok3d
05-18-2013, 10:45 AM
DL+ needs something added. I'm not thinking more card packs, I'm thinking maybe a free montly tourn for life or a free league play for life or something...

TheMadHatter
06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Zack Cooper in the KS-Comments

/agree

Though, to do it right by me, there would need to be more. The sound...that foily crinkling, the ripping. It sings to my soul. The volume of sound needs to increase depending on the speed of pack opening. Also, the ability to open packs dynamically.... Say, an option to take your packs to an "opening table." The Void Society could take you to a booth where you may open packs in a dimly lit private room in the back. A velvet covered table, candle lit with a glass of wine (or root beer respectively) set before you as thanks for your purchase of product. Here you have time to sit. The cheerful customers haggling with merchants in the front will fade as a new Hex music begins.

Here you sit, slowly putting your collection case on the table as your settle in. From there you may remove packs to open, putting them on the table. I want to open one pack from the top, then one from the bottom. Tare one quickly from the corner, then pull one apart. I want to see the cards in the shadows from wrapper, slowly becoming more illuminated by the candle light peeks around the falling shell. I want to select which card I see first. Maybe I opened the booster pack from the back, not yet ready to explore it's contents but unable to resist seeing it bound any longer. The bonus item falling onto my lap. Then, one by one, starting with the Rare, I can revel each card, again with a 3d controllable process.

This is how I open packs in real life. If this were an option digitally, I think many people would prefer to open some packs this way. Not to say that this should be the default, as it is slow and cumbersome. If this were an option, I would go out of my way to watch my friend open packs. I would save all my primal packs for this.

This may never happen, but I believe implementing a truly satisfying experience during product accusation is fundamental to the experience that users seek in opening packs. We've all seen some of our friends cracking product, stacking 10 boosters unreviled into piles or praying before they look at the last card...the rare. We've seen this an smiled, for we know how good it feels to open a pack, in our own special way. :D