PDA

View Full Version : Blogging, reveiwing, and beta access?

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 12:21 PM
OK, I have a friend who has a blog/website where he is reveiwing lots of new games, and he was wondering some things, which I have decided to ask on his behalf - I will list them for simplcities sake.

1) Are we able to use current resources (card images, etc) to create a promotional video to host on his site? We would like to explain clearly certian things that have been talked about, and get people interested.

2) Could my friend request beta access, even if he does not end up supporting the kickstarter? He may or may not, depending on how the game is looking, and how much support is needed, but he would like to reveiw the game, and offer support in other ways.

3) Could I record my own beta access for kickstarting, and reveiw it for him? Will making footage be allowed?

4) Is there any extra info than what is included in the press kit, or should we just link to your website instead? I think he would rather do a full feature with artwork and videos, but a link would do the job in a pinch.

houjix
05-10-2013, 12:23 PM
There's a beta signup on the hextcg.com website.

Kami
05-10-2013, 12:25 PM
There's also a Press Kit: http://hextcg.com/downloads/press-kit/

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 12:29 PM
I have seen the press kit, and it is not exactly... Robust. It could do with a lot more, including sample images that people know are approved (opposed to getting them off the site and maybe getting in trouble.)

I will let him know about the beta access thing, thanks for that. I was wondering if reviewers might get special allowances, but I didn't expect much really.

Daer
05-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I mean he can kickstart for $10 and get beta access if he really wants it.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Yeah, he is aware of that, but being a reveiwer, he is trying to make money off it right now, not spend it, and he may just help out anyway. He is only interested because I am anyway, if not for me he wouldn't have even looked at it.

Fireblast
05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
If he wants to make money reviewing stuff, he has to invest $10 for his beta pass :D

~

OP_Kyle
05-10-2013, 01:52 PM
OK, I have a friend who has a blog/website where he is reveiwing lots of new games, and he was wondering some things, which I have decided to ask on his behalf - I will list them for simplcities sake.

1) Are we able to use current resources (card images, etc) to create a promotional video to host on his site? We would like to explain clearly certian things that have been talked about, and get people interested.

2) Could my friend request beta access, even if he does not end up supporting the kickstarter? He may or may not, depending on how the game is looking, and how much support is needed, but he would like to reveiw the game, and offer support in other ways.

3) Could I record my own beta access for kickstarting, and reveiw it for him? Will making footage be allowed?

4) Is there any extra info than what is included in the press kit, or should we just link to your website instead? I think he would rather do a full feature with artwork and videos, but a link would do the job in a pinch.

1: As long as you credit Cryptozoic and use correct trademarks.

2: He could request access through hexmedia@cryptozoic.com

3: Yes!

4: All the info we have right now is on the web site and press kit. That should get you most of the way there!

Thanks.

Erebus
05-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Kyle, looking at your answer to 3, does that mean you guys don't intend an NDA for beta testing?

Granted you've revealed a bit already, but are you supported legally enough that you guys feel an NDA isn't necessary?

houjix
05-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Kyle, looking at your answer to 3, does that mean you guys don't intend an NDA for beta testing?

Granted you've revealed a bit already, but are you supported legally enough that you guys feel an NDA isn't necessary?

Most public betas don't require NDA's. That's basically the advertising phase of the game.