PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion Thread

omghex
05-10-2013, 03:00 PM
I looked through the forums and couldn't find any threads devoted just to suggestions. I think it's important to have something like this when a company is crowd sourcing a game for many reasons. If people are passionate enough to contribute, they are also probably passionate enough to have some great ideas. I have a few myself and am interested in being absolutely as involved as possible with the community up until release. This is THE game I have been waiting for since I was a kid watching Yu-Gi-Oh and wishing I lived in a world where a card game meant so much to people. I've never had the opportunity to play much in a RL community because I move around a lot and never really put down roots anywhere except on the internet. Anyway, on to my suggestions (and then yours!)

My suggestions have mainly to do with trading. PvE and PvP are all well and good, and I really look forward to doing both. But one thing that always sucks in MMOs is trading. A bunch of people shouting their wares in trade chat and hoping to find somebody that needs what they're selling. I think an MMO centered on a Trading Card Game needs something more elegant. Here are some of the things I am hoping for, and think would be really cool.

#1. Collecting cards is a huge part of any TCG and so I really hope that Cryptozoic doesn't plan on making players pay for additional inventory slots/bank slots etc. It would be nice to see a really elegant player customizable system that allows players to sort their cards in binders etc that other players can browse, pull cards from and place in a trading zone. Think of the trading tables at any MTG Grand Prix, PTQ, or FNM.

#2. I think it would be awesome to have physical locations in the game where characters can assemble to trade. Rather than just shouting out a meeting spot in trade (which would still be an option) characters just looking to trade cards could go to the trading area and just browse through peoples' binders, looking for interesting cards and trading. One of the awesome things about going to tournaments and events IRL is that you can just meet random people with different collections and values randomly. I think something like this could be a huge community strengthening feature.

So those are my initial ideas. I love everything I have read about the game so far. I threw my wallet at the computer screen as soon as I read the description in the kickstarter. I look forward to seeing the development of this move forward.

omghex
05-13-2013, 02:36 PM
Bump... just in case people missed this.

Erebus
05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
I think MTG:Online has a great function for #1 and a passable function for #2.

Their digital binders were so nice, it felt like thumbing through your card binders.

For #2 they had a dedicated room for players to link trades and cards, that you could right click to trade with players putting up posts. Problem is that late game it became filled with Bots.

We also have an AH, but I remember back in the day on MTG:O we actually did player ran Auctions in a private chat room, they were a lot of fun.

MTG:O has walked along this path already and you'd be insane to assume CZE hasn't learned something from it.