PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer questions

MrThreepwood
05-10-2013, 08:18 PM
My biggest concern is that I'm not going to have many opportunities to play with friends. I'm a co-op gamer, I love playing with other people, and yes, supporting them in a healing/buffing role. Are raids going to be the only opportunity to play with friends? Are raids going to lose much of the adventuring game play and strategic choice (keep killing mobs or go for the boss?) that dungeons have? Am I going to have to find an extra person every time my friend and I want to play together?

Blare731
05-10-2013, 08:22 PM
I believe that Dungeons will be available for more than 1 person as well. And I know that there is talk that 2v2 PvP and 3v3 PvP they are looking into as well as 5v5. Also there was a mention of Guild vs Guild tourneys and so on. So they seem to have a lot of ideas about making sure people are playing together with their friends.

Daer
05-10-2013, 08:25 PM
You can run Raids with 2 people instead of 3 it will just be a bigger challenge.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 01:30 AM
You can run Raids with 2 people instead of 3 it will just be a bigger challenge.

And it will give you achievements for successfully doing so :)

MrThreepwood
05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
That's great and all, I don't hate more challenging content, but it doesn't really answer the most important questions I had.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 10:26 PM
That's great and all, I don't hate more challenging content, but it doesn't really answer the most important questions I had.

Which is?

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:33 PM
It depends on how they're going to do 3 way mechanics. If it's one big field with players all going at once you can for instance: have one player focus on group aiding spells. Creature destruction/healing spells/etc. One focusing on beefy creatures and one focusing on flying/instant damage/ roundabouts ways of damaging. there you;d have your support/tank/dps roles. If it's 3 people fighting individual battles with one "core" of boss health then each player could have identical decks with no difference. I think they're leaning towards the former rather than the latter. For you and your friend I'd focus on one being the creature deck and the other being the control/assist deck and pull a 3rd potluck member from your guild to do whatever he does best.

*note all speculation. don't take this as gospel*

Jinuyr
05-11-2013, 10:39 PM
It should be quite similar M:TG-DotP in 2v2 if was understanding it correctly. My wife and I would play that mode where I would dish out damage and she would counter or suppress the AI whenever possible.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 10:41 PM
It depends on how they're going to do 3 way mechanics. If it's one big field with players all going at once you can for instance: have one player focus on group aiding spells. Creature destruction/healing spells/etc. One focusing on beefy creatures and one focusing on flying/instant damage/ roundabouts ways of damaging. there you;d have your support/tank/dps roles. If it's 3 people fighting individual battles with one "core" of boss health then each player could have identical decks with no difference. I think they're leaning towards the former rather than the latter. For you and your friend I'd focus on one being the creature deck and the other being the control/assist deck and pull a 3rd potluck member from your guild to do whatever he does best.

*note all speculation. don't take this as gospel*

Oh yeah I don't think they have released that yet, but I really hope for the former. I want to plan me and my friends decks out with synergy like you said. There would really be no point to going with 3 people if it was individual battles. Scratch that it almost definitely is fighting together because they have hinted to 3v3 and stuff in PvP so you will be playing WITH the people you are raiding with.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Would be cool if they added 2 headed giant or emperor modes. They said they want to accommodate alot of the classic styles of play so i am assuming it won't be far off.

Or it may already be in. If a raid was done emperor style that would be interesting.

MrThreepwood
05-15-2013, 07:36 PM
The important question was of how many opportunities I'm actually going to get to play co-op. If it's just on raids, then this probably won't be my kind of game.

ShaolinRaven
05-16-2013, 07:34 AM
It depends, because they will also have 2v2 and larger group pvp so you could co-op with your friend against 2 other people in casual PvP as well. Co-op doesn't only have to be pve, unless all your interested in is the co-op pve in which case it might be more limited. But if you factor in co-op pvp as well you could invite your friend/friends into a group and play together against other players then you'll have plenty of co-op options.