PDA

View Full Version : Candid question to the devs.

Xenavire
05-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Looking at the kickstarter, right now, you have over 200k in 2 days - did you expect such an incredible support for your game so quickly? From the forums we can already see people are pasionate, and really ready to go, but did you expect such a fantastic response, and so quick?

Because, looking at things as they stand, right now, this turnout, this show of support, it is truly breathtaking. I hope this only motivates you to go above and beyond for your fans, because you have already won players hearts and minds (and wallets!) and you don't even have a product to give them (yet, I know its there somewhere!)

So, anyway, I want to say thank you for thinking about what the people want, and delivering something even better. Thanks Cryptozoic, and I believe you deserve the kudos.

MMO_Unforgiven
05-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I agree. Pretty damn amazing indeed!

Aisriyth
05-10-2013, 08:30 PM
It's funny you mention the rapid(rabid even?) response. I first heard about it and wrote it off due to hearthstone. Upon hearing it had the pve i loved about the WoW tcg but a closer to magic style of gameplay i cracked out and pledged Grand King tier.

Told a few friends one will do the 1k and is considering 10k. A few others are in the 10-60 mark.

Blare731
05-10-2013, 08:33 PM
+10000000.... well you get the point.

This game looks amazing, I know I'm really passionate about this game and if I could have I would give 10,000. I think you guys did a fantastic job of making a game that really combined the key aspects of both genres that make them so addictive and fun.

I hope that the 200k in 2 days will encourage you to either make some serious stretch goals or my dream of pushing up the date (wait wat ?!?! :confused:) yeah pushing up the date of the beta and really push hard to get your loyal fans the game. I understand the game needs to be in yours and everyones eyes perfect. But I'm so pumped/excited/foaming for this game that even if I could play with it for a weekend or two before the real beta started I would cry. Ok, I have a hard time crying, so maybe some eyedrops will suffice for you?

Either way thank you for a great game.

Aisriyth
05-10-2013, 08:35 PM
+10000000.... well you get the point.

This game looks amazing, I know I'm really passionate about this game and if I could have I would give 10,000. I think you guys did a fantastic job of making a game that really combined the key aspects of both genres that make them so addictive and fun.

I hope that the 200k in 2 days will encourage you to either make some serious stretch goals or my dream of pushing up the date (wait way ?!?! :confused:) yeah pushing up the date of the beta and really push hard to get your loyal fans the game. I understand the game needs to be in yours and everyones eyes perfect. But I'm so pumped/excited/foaming for this game that even if I could play with it for a weekend or two before the real beta started I would cry. Ok, I have a hard time crying, so maybe some eyedrops will suffice for you?

Either way thank you for a great game.
Part of me would love to see an alpha option for higher pledges since i feel higher pledges are responsible enough to understand what alpha dictates.

The other part of me knows that there are people who have money and not brains and would cry foul when they play alpha.

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 01:10 AM
I am really impressed by the number of backers and ammounts of money in such a short timeframe .
then again , CZE has a lot of good games , and this may be their best game yet .

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 01:26 AM
I dont think they expected this. I really dont. If they did, I reckon we would have seen this sooner!

Personally, I was really hooked at the kickstarter video. I thought it was hilarious, with perfect delivery. Regardless of what I saw in the game, I decided I was going to be minimum pledger at the video. Then the idea looked so awesome (Im not really a fan of the game itself, is that odd?), and dealing with Cory on the phone, and Kyle in PMs, I feel like they are in touch with the community, which is really awesome.

And now the idea of forming a guild similar to the ones of my vanilla WoW days... Im very excited :D Thinking of throwing a little more money at them (just a little bit more. Im beyond broke with this pledge).

Selfar
05-11-2013, 03:54 PM
I don't know to be honest. They said a few weeks ago they had ideas for extended bonuses after hitting their goal. Now...that could mean that they expected to beat the goal, but maybe not in this small amount of time. I saw a share of this on my Facebook wall from like IGN or something looked into it, watch the hilarious video and was able to Pledge next day, mainly due to needing to be paid. But yeah I think they knew they'd overshoot by a longshot, but maybe not this fast.

Personally I have high hopes for this game. Only problem I see with it at the moment is that it is a Pay-to-Win game...though in a sense all TCGs are... I do hope they do some sort of "Starter Package" deals for new players though. That will alleviate some of the massive benefits that Kickstarters are getting.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I do hope they do some sort of "Starter Package" deals for new players though.

Wouldn't work, everyone would create 10 accounts, buy starter package and send it to their main account
Ruining the value/economy.

~

Rieper
05-11-2013, 04:01 PM
But they kinda have though, every account gets a starter pack, hell this comment from kickstarter about the free starter
"When you get a free starter, we won't let you trade those cards. If you buy a starter, you can trade or give those cards away"

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I interpreted "Starter package" as a "100 boosters for $100" or something.
Not the free preconstructed deck you get :)

~

Kami
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
They've at least stated that the free Stater decks are account bound. Starters that you buy are tradeable though.

Rieper
05-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Fireblast: My point was more, they are ready to make free starter packs account bound to avoid abuse. If they actually wanted to make a starter package they have option

For me a starter package would be a starter pack with a few boosters, at a price that makes nice offer but same time not worth creating account. Something like "buy 10 boosters get 1 free starter", cards in starter packs always lowed priced anyway since they are 100% everytime. So not much gain from making account and get more.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Basically you want bulk purchase, which should exist.
36 boosters (a box) for $60 would be cool
360 boosters (a case) for $500 would be too

~