PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else...

Socks4615
05-10-2013, 11:43 PM
...just go to the Kickstarter page every so often, scroll down to their reward tier, and sigh happily while looking at all that will eventually be yours? Is it just me? (Hell, I leave a tab open to it...)

I'm at Dungeon Crawler (it was tough to choose between that one and Guild Master), so naturally I like the Dungeon Crawler specific rewards, but I'm also really looking forward to the Spectral Lotus Garden, as well as Pack Raptors and Ragefire for PvP play, Wrath of Zakiir (who doesn't want to be a Dragon?!), Prospero, Lady Cassandra, Zoltog, and, oddly enough, Mooof. (Well it's odd to me that I'd like him.) I also really like all the various card sleeves and am already thinking about which ones I want to use on which decks (that Spectral Lotus art is too pretty to go to waste, but I also really like the Dungeon Crawler specific sleeve...).

What parts of your tier are you most excited about and/or, if you're still thinking about pledging or upgrading, what are the most tempting treats of your preferred pledge tier?

S117
05-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Splurged and got Grand King...couldn't make myself decide between the $250 tiers...probably shouldn't have spent that much..but what the hey Hex looks freakin awesomes...and I've got a bunch of MtG cards I've been meaning to throw up on eBay for awhile to fund it with...

Totally know the feeling...can't wait for Sept!

Jinuyr
05-10-2013, 11:57 PM
I look at it all the time. I sigh though, I want the Producer tier really bad but it's just a bad time of the year for me. Had this been two months before or two months after I could have invested into it. But alas, I can only spend $2,500 on it. $1,000 for myself, another for my wife, $250 for my best friend and another $250 to guild mates.

Oh well... =\

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 12:28 AM
Yeah I keep it open for a source of discussion (although the forums here are very active and I love that) and to check every hour or so how much closer we are to the Goal. I started building decks last night based on waht cards I can see, and decided I needed a break at that point :P

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 01:20 AM
I look at it all the time. I sigh though, I want the Producer tier really bad but it's just a bad time of the year for me. Had this been two months before or two months after I could have invested into it. But alas, I can only spend $2,500 on it. $1,000 for myself, another for my wife, $250 for my best friend and another $250 to guild mates.

Oh well... =\

you're such a good best friend xD ... makes me happy when I actually see people not being greedy and share with their friends .

also , WWKnight : how can you builds decks with 3 cards / faction xD ?
or am I missing some cards ?
although , the mushwokie + token generators and + atk/def cards seem to go well together , even for constructed .

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 01:37 AM
you're such a good best friend xD ... makes me happy when I actually see people not being greedy and share with their friends .

also , WWKnight : how can you builds decks with 3 cards / faction xD ?
or am I missing some cards ?
although , the mushwokie + token generators and + atk/def cards seem to go well together , even for constructed .

I looked at this page for a few hours, http://hextcg.com/rewards/

and then I looked at these pages http://hextcg.com/artifact/ http://hextcg.com/blood/ http://hextcg.com/wild/ etc and then tried to figure out the best composition for equipment, for each of the few cards I had picked, before I realised I was trying to do a 1000 piece puzzle with only 500 pieces :(

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 01:41 AM
aw xD getting equipment into the equasion is waaay too premature xD ...
we don't know all cards and most of the equipment seem OP ... that only leads me to believe that other equipment may be making other cards even MORE OP !
so that's that for equipment xD .

also , if I understood right equips are for PvE only , so for PvP decks you need only consider the sockets .
and seems not all cards have sockets .

also that petulant beast from wild magic seems way OP for 1 cost .
am I missing some bad effect on it , or why is it 3/3 with more +3/3 x_X after you first play it xD?

Socks4615
05-11-2013, 01:42 AM
I did the same sort of thing WWKnight did. I started with one particular card (Zoltog, for example) and said, "Damn, put Zolty here in an orc-heavy deck...yeaaah." I looked at the sort of cards that seemed to favor orcs and said, "Hmmm, Ruby/Blood then...yeah..." And looked at the available cards (Claw of the Mountain God, Te'talca, etc.) and said "These would be AWESOME in that deck!"

Whole deck's not built, 'course not. But I have the genesis of an idea that will grow over time. Maybe it'll shift and change (most likely) and end up slightly (or very!) different from where I started. But in the meantime, I can go bonkers to everyone I know about "...and I'm going to have a Ruby/Blood Orc Deck for just straight up face-mauling!" ;)

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 01:59 AM
I was thinking a Diamond Sapphire Lifedrain deck. :-D

Socks4615
05-11-2013, 02:09 AM
I was thinking a Diamond Sapphire Lifedrain deck. :-D

Oooo, I like.

My first deck idea was Coyotle-heavy ('cause I just think coyotles are neat and after so much time playing WoW, I have a thing for shammies) Wild/Diamond. And then I saw Pack Raptors and was in love (I'm planning to do more PvE, but that doesn't mean PvP's completely off the table). I could throw Pack Raptors in there and if I have Prospero, I can toss out a whole bunch of +2/+2 on a vicious pack of dinos that are already ridiculous because of all the other dinos around... Plus Wild and Diamond both have nice defensive/healing cards, from what I've seen and from what I've read on their respective pages. So it's basically "Nyah nyah, you can't hurt me, oh and by the way, RAPTORS IN THE KITCHEN!" *ahem* I may have recently re-watched Jurassic Park...

I think I just hijacked my own thread. *ahem* But yes, these are definitely some of the things I'm looking forward to in my pledge tier. :) (Look at me pull it back around like a CHAMP. A humble, modest CHAMP.)

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 04:50 AM
I will most likely end up paying bunnies or elves .
I love buffs , and to some degrees tokens , also love nature and beautiful elves xD
also love sacrificing my stuff for great effects .

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 05:15 AM
Kill da wabbits kill da wabbits!

Boojum
05-11-2013, 10:57 AM
also that petulant beast from wild magic seems way OP for 1 cost .
am I missing some bad effect on it , or why is it 3/3 with more +3/3 x_X after you first play it xD?

Well, it's a one-shot, 3 damage to the opponent unless he is able to block it. That's decent, but not really OP, since the card is gone after that. Obviously, IF you draw it again it's an incredible card, but that's something you can't really count on, and in the meantime you're behind a bit on card advantage.

I do suspect that all the stuff that shuffles cards into your own deck will be a lot better in draft than constructed due to the smaller deck size making it more likely to draw them again.

Personally, the deck seed I'm most interested in building is sapphire/diamond, with Thunderhead Colossus and Blinding Light.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I actually wonder about the pig, it does have IF you shuffle it back into the deck.. Could it be permanent, or is this just wording to allow for it to safely die and not screw up the AI?

Devaux
05-11-2013, 12:51 PM
the pig will get played but only in super aggro decks. sure its flashy but you're using a whole card. Most people will just the 3 and say "now what" while they cast creatures that stick around.

Thanisse
05-11-2013, 01:47 PM
the pig will get played but only in super aggro decks. sure its flashy but you're using a whole card. Most people will just the 3 and say "now what" while they cast creatures that stick around.

yeah , I am aware , but next time it comes , it's going to be 6/6 for 1 .
that's incredible value , and there are always possibilities to use it with "this creature and an opposing creature exchange damage " effects or something the likes ... in magic green had those effects , so I am betting here as well .

BlackRoger
05-13-2013, 08:45 AM
I also log multiple times a day, only instead of looking at all the things I will have... I'm looking at all the things I want.
Really want to go king Pro but I'm afraid to put that much money out in advance...
First kickstarter project I'm supporting, don't wonna get burned.

WWKnight
05-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Better to regret the things you did than to regret the things you didnt do! One chance to get these offers. Would you rather lose $250 now and hate it later? Or save $250 now and love it later? One can be made up with a paycheck. The other cant be made up at all!

Devaux
05-13-2013, 08:49 AM
yeah , I am aware , but next time it comes , it's going to be 6/6 for 1 .
that's incredible value , and there are always possibilities to use it with "this creature and an opposing creature exchange damage " effects or something the likes ... in magic green had those effects , so I am betting here as well .

How are you going to stay alive long enough to draw it again when you're just throwing away your cards?

You'll lose to it. But also people will play it and then complain that they always come up short and blame the shuffler or something just because they didn't draw the card again.

Storm_Fireblade
05-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Better to regret the things you did than to regret the things you didnt do! One chance to get these offers. Would you rather lose $250 now and hate it later? Or save $250 now and love it later? One can be made up with a paycheck. The other cant be made up at all!

Thats why I'm going as high as my finances allow to, because those rewards will never come back and right now you can get so much for your money, thats going to pay back itself several times in the future. At least it will do so for myself :)

And I really want to show as much support as I possibly can for those great guys at CZE and their amazing project.

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Devaux, it has low potential until it is combo'd, and people are expecting combos, obviously. And at that cost, if you can add more effects to it etc, that size for so cheap, or even just a first turn swing before someone can play something, it is not a bad card.

I mean, 3 free damage before someone has a chance to summon, and the potential for a 6/6 for one mana later? That is tempting on it's own.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 08:57 AM
I mean, 3 free damage before someone has a chance to summon, and the potential for a 6/6 for one mana later? That is tempting on it's own.

It's not free, card is the most valuable resource in TCG

~

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 09:08 AM
I know many people who would disagree with you - besides, at 20 life, 3 damage before the opponent can so much as react, that is a very nice start. (Look at shock in MTG - it see's a huge amount of play in certian decks, this will be the same.)

It will be a good card with combos, thats for sure.

Devaux
05-13-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm not stopping you from playing it.

People around here are really quick to start tagging things as "OP combos" and i'm just pointing out that if this game is anything like existing TCGs then this isn't even close to overpowered. Its just good.

Aslo, if you're playing it then you have to expect that you'll never see it again. Otherwise you're setting yourself up to be disappointed.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 09:15 AM
I know many people who would disagree with you

Me too, my grandma for example, cause she has no clue on how to play a TCG :)

~

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 09:17 AM
besides, at 20 life, 3 damage before the opponent can so much as react, that is a very nice start. (Look at shock in MTG - it see's a huge amount of play in certian decks, this will be the same.)

It will be a good card with combos, thats for sure.

Shock is "good/playable" (depending on Lightning Bolt being legal in the used format) because it can destroy an annoying creature.
Burn decks' cards are not GOOD or STAPLES, they're just redundant and this is the goal of the deck, redundancy of burn to kill your opponent fast.

~

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 09:25 AM
Devaux, I never called it OP (I think) but I do appreciate the options it gives, and think it is a good card due to that. And getting 6/6 later on for 1 mana would be nice, but like I said, unless you play combo, it is not something you should expect to come up, making it far less useful overall. But one mana for 3 damage in an aggro deck? Either it takes out a blocker or hits directly in the early turns, and that is just what aggro wants.

And fair enough, the shock example isn't as good as I could have used, but the concept would be the same, in general - it would go in certain decks. I don't expect that pig to be a staple, but I can see it being highly useful in some decks - just like shock (spot removal is very handy for control/burn.)

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 09:32 AM
Shock is "good/playable" (depending on Lightning Bolt being legal in the used format) because it can destroy an annoying creature.
Burn decks' cards are not GOOD or STAPLES, they're just redundant and this is the goal of the deck, redundancy of burn to kill your opponent fast.

~

Agreed.

A card that can instantly do 2 damage to anything gives you so much more control than a one turn 3/3 attacker. And by control, I mean card advantage.

The 3/3 can attack, and maybe do 3 damage if it isn't blocked, assuming that the opponent can't block it without losing something. Alternatively, it could kill one of your opponent's defending characters should your opponent decide to block.

2 direct damage can guarantee a 2 damage hit to your opponent, can selectively kill any 2[DEF] creature (or a larger creature that was used to block damage already in the round), and if usable as a quick action, can also shut down an opponent's attack by killing or weakening an attacker.

The important difference here is that the creature doesn't guarantee taking out an opponent's card with it, while the damage spell has a much higher chance of doing so while also giving you a lot more control over which card the opponent loses.

And the three damage isn't really that impressive to begin with if that's all the card does (unless you are running a lot of this type of card to try to quickly overwhelm an opponent, but that's another strategy.) Consider Soothing Breeze (http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Soothing_Breeze). It's a one time effect that gives you 7 health. It can't be blocked by a creature. It costs 1 card for a net gain of 7 life between players, as opposed to Petulant Wyldebeest (http://hextcg.wikia.com/wiki/Petulant_Wyldebeest) which costs 1 card to maybe cause a net loss of 3 life between players.

Soothing Breeze looks like a better card to me, and even then, I doubt I'll be running it.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Soothing breeze is for pve coyotle combo decks (it tutors a 1cost coyotle when equiped)

~

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Soothing breeze is for pve coyotle combo decks (it tutors a 1cost coyotle when equiped)

~

Yeah, I can see it being really good in PvE with that effect. I tend to ignore PvE effects for the most part. Although I'm sure I'll have fun playing through the PvE content, I'm mostly going to be relying on my PvP decks to see me through it.

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 09:56 AM
I think soothing breeze may be used in PvP stall, but otherwise it is likely to be a throwaway card in general. I was looking at it, and I am iffy on it (and I love having life advantage).

If it can be combo'd in PvP, it will be similar to the pig.

Also, the pig hinges a lot on wether returning to the deck is mandatory - it seems like it, but the if seems interesting. I still would like to see it in action to confirm it. I assume of course the if is to say 'as long as it doesn't die or get bounced' etc.

If it was a 1 cost 3/3 with speed, that wasn't forced to leave the field, it would be amazing. Too bad I think it doesn't work that way, but hey.

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 10:09 AM
If it was a 1 cost 3/3 with speed, that wasn't forced to leave the field, it would be amazing. Too bad I think it doesn't work that way, but hey.

Definitely. Considering some of the Orcs we've seen so far though, I think this would make Wild strictly better than Ruby. At least with regards to speed creatures.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 10:12 AM
I think soothing breeze may be used in PvP stall, but otherwise it is likely to be a throwaway card in general. I was looking at it, and I am iffy on it (and I love having life advantage).

If it can be combo'd in PvP, it will be similar to the pig.

Also, the pig hinges a lot on wether returning to the deck is mandatory - it seems like it, but the if seems interesting. I still would like to see it in action to confirm it. I assume of course the if is to say 'as long as it doesn't die or get bounced' etc.

If a card says that troops cannot go back in decks or something then he won't go 6/6 and will go to the graveyard/stay in play whatever

The If is there to prevent that, there could also be cards that "counter" an ability/trigger (stifle in MtG)

~

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I was thinking the same thing Fireblast, but new format might mean tweaks to rulings we know - thats the reason I brought it up. I have no actual hope of it working that way, but if it did, everyone woud agree it was good.

Still, can't wait to see more cards, speculating this stuff has left me wanting more.