PDA

View Full Version : Pro Player tier question

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 08:43 AM
I have a few questions about how this will be handled:
Will it be a ticket that says you get a free draft without needing the packs or will you receive three packs a week or will the drafts require a "draft ticket" which we will get for free but need to supply packs?
Can those tickets accumulate if you can not get online that particular week?
if the ticket price includes the packs to draft can the tickets just be converted into three packs without drafting?

Shoubushi
05-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Here is a direct quote from Chris Woods on the Kickstarter page about how Draft redemptions will work:

How the free draft works is, each week, you will have the option, when ask for product for a draft, to click 'This is my free draft this week!'

This means you can draft any set, etc. You don't have to always draft set 1 or predict the draft.

It also means it's not quite the same as "3 free boosters a week". You can't trade your free draft (it's an account level privilege), but you can trade any cards you get in that draft, as well as any prizes you get.

Hope that helps to clear it up. Think of it as a button on the draft screen rather then something we pump into your account on a weekly basis.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Ok sweet! missed that. Thanks a lot! Guess if you don't have much time that week you can just draft cards and drop. I'm pretty sold on this just wanted to be sure they were handling it well.

Digital_Aether
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I really would like to know if the free draft from one week can be saved for the next though. Any word on that? Especially relevant around new sets of cards. If I stopped for a couple weeks, could I play 3 rounds on the new set when it comes out?

Blare731
05-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Honestly I don't know and I'd be eager for an answer from a Dev, but I would think not. Mostly because if would get out of hand at some point like saving up the first year to never pay the second or something idk. My point is the system could probably abused in some way.

I would be really interest on what a Dev would have to say though.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Since they said it's just a button on the draft screen I'm thinking it's unlikely. It's probably just a binary used/unused for the week. It would be nice though if it could hold a backlog even if it was limited to 2-3

Kami
05-11-2013, 02:39 PM
I really would like to know if the free draft from one week can be saved for the next though. Any word on that? Especially relevant around new sets of cards. If I stopped for a couple weeks, could I play 3 rounds on the new set when it comes out?

I'd imagine it would be a one-week cooldown from whenever you claim your free draft for the week. That way it doesn't matter what day of the week you claim it. However, I don't think you'll be allowed to bank them since it is a lifetime perk.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 02:44 PM
I'd imagine it would be a one-week cooldown from whenever you claim your free draft for the week. That way it doesn't matter what day of the week you claim it. However, I don't think you'll be allowed to bank them since it is a lifetime perk.

Yeah that would make the most sense honestly, but sometimes I think I would prefer a by date week schedule so that it resets every monday morning or if they do weekly maintenance or something. That way you wouldn't be losing days if you forgot until later in the week.

Rieper
05-11-2013, 02:50 PM
I prefer a set reset time instead, But mostly because this way you can fit into what schedule. So reset every Sunday midnight.
I would hate if i one day play and then after being done, know that i wonīt be able to play my draft because next week most time i donīt have the time because week before i played a wedneday and only time the week after i had time was monday

So a 1 week timer has chance to screw over some people, while with a set reset only way you can miss a draft is being without time for a full week. But if you gone for a full week you would also lose out on a draft or more with 7 day timer.

Doubt we will be able to bank em, would be nice but also sounds to be to good. And if something sounds to be to good, it always yes!

mauvebutterfly
05-11-2013, 03:08 PM
From their point of view, it really doesn't make sense to let unused free drafts carry over between weeks. Making money off of their product aside, another benefit to them of doing this is that it incentivizes people to draft more.

All the people who have the Pro-tier benefits are being encouraged to draft every week. This way there should always be a few dedicated players queuing up for a draft. In a sense, this matches up perfectly with the Pro descriptor. Assuming that there is any kind of ladder or ranking, it would be interesting to see a couple of people consistently high in the rankings by staying active. Realistically, one draft a week won't be enough to compete for the top score, but I think part of the thought process behind the Pro-tier reward is to keep people playing on a regular basis.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 03:35 PM
My understanding is that every week there will be a server reboot / free draft ticket reset / dungeons reset (if those are limited as in wow).

So either you've burn your draft for the week, or it's lost

~

Erebus
05-11-2013, 03:51 PM
I think everyone agrees we want a Reset over a cooldown, but we just have to make sure that Cryptozoic. You never know they may not have thought of it.