PDA

View Full Version : Auction House design type?

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
It will be more like WoW AH (http://www.wowwiki.com/Auction_House) with per player listings and browsing through single offers..
Or maybe...
more like GW2 TP (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post) with per item and price (asking price) listings, buy and sell orders and FIFO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFO_and_LIFO_accounting) selling/accounting.

I think its preety important thing... both systems have pros and cons... GW2 one is good when you buyng and seeling lot of cheap stuff at fixed price and have buy orders and its more like big trade market (or stock exchange) not aution house when WoW type one is great if you want auction (bidding) stuff or if you want buy for specific player.

Both interfaces have some cons too (gl with browsing thru 1221423 common card offers with WoW per item interface... GW2 does this things lot better.

Maybe dev can sged some light on this topic? Im very corious what type of tradng will this game use. Its game with one big server (all players together) so not overflowing AH and its interface is important idea (thats why GW2 will go woth trading post way - because they have one big economy - TPs from servers are connected).

I also encourage other player to share they thoughts about AHs... maybe some AH addicts hera? I must say that flipping and operating on buy/sell orders in GW2 was very fun and addicting (when it last - i quit this game long time ago).

belophen
05-11-2013, 09:17 AM
i would like to see a ragnarok like market, where every player can open his/her shop and put the prizes.

off-topic: op dies to doomblade.

Kami
05-11-2013, 09:22 AM
The problem with a market-style store (like RO) is that when you have a lot of players setting up shop, it's damn near impossible to find what you want.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 09:23 AM
There need to be a Right-Click browse AH on the collection UI

~

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 09:28 AM
There need to be a Right-Click browse AH on the collection UI

~

Good idea.

Combine this with ability to show all cards (not only ones that you own - they may be grayed out or smth) in collection UI and "buy more on AH" option... yea... definitely will work..

GW2 have this for 99% of items... 'but more at TP" option. :)

Blare731
05-11-2013, 11:04 AM
I played WoW for 4-6 years and I think they have a great AH design. I think it would be a great fit with some tweaks.

Both interfaces have some cons too (gl with browsing thru 1221423 common card offers with WoW per item interface...

This doesn't happen in WoW because of their search feature. You search for whatever you want and boom you get the cheapest one on the AH that pops up and list of all the next in lines.

I do hope they implement a feature like the addon Auctionator has which is when you search for something that has a list of all the different items that have that same name or words in the name and lists them out and you click which one you were actually looking for. Then you see all the prices for that item, so you are not overwhelmed at once with all the prices for all the different cards at a low price when the card you are looking for is 50 pages in because it has a slightly higher price.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I actually just had a thought, what about cards with interesting double back unlocks? Those will raise prices, but if someone wanted to search for a certian card with a certain unlock, could they do that?

I am interested on how the devs have managed all the little things. It seems like they have to micro manage all the micromanagement.

I can't even invent a funny term for the idea of such intense micromanagement...

Daer
05-11-2013, 11:29 AM
nanomanagement

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Nice.

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 12:29 PM
I played WoW for 4-6 years and I think they have a great AH design. I think it would be a great fit with some tweaks.

This doesn't happen in WoW because of their search feature. You search for whatever you want and boom you get the cheapest one on the AH that pops up and list of all the next in lines.

I do hope they implement a feature like the addon Auctionator has which is when you search for something that has a list of all the different items that have that same name or words in the name and lists them out and you click which one you were actually looking for. Then you see all the prices for that item, so you are not overwhelmed at once with all the prices for all the different cards at a low price when the card you are looking for is 50 pages in because it has a slightly higher price.

You basically describe GW2 interface - it sort items by price without splitting them on single listings (you see: "34565 Copper Bars with 1silver 50 copper price on AH", '43543564 Copper Bars With 1silver 70copper price on AH", etc..).
Thats why i write about browsing thru common offers in WoW as a disadvantage - coz GW2 and apparently addon Auctionator are doing this better and i think in game like HEX (large one economy no splitted on smaller ones = shitload of offers (GW2 TP is multiple times bigger than any server WoW AH) is better than pure WoW interface.
Just because browsing thru specific items offers is so painful (50 pages+ per common card with 0,1 start price, no boyout, then another 50 pages for 0.02 price, etc..).

Personally i think that best solution is mix of both worlds with emphasis on GW2 one (its just better for large economies - thats all) and features from GW2 like 'buy more on TP" button (someone suggested this before).

Devaux
05-11-2013, 12:58 PM
The problem I foresee with the HEX AH is that if I search for... Wretched Brood.. then it'll give me results for the cards but every card it actually unique. Some will have varying levels of XP, some will have achievements, some will have minor trophies. It seems like it'll be a pain to browse the AH if you're trying to keep all these things in mind.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Urban Rivals does something similar and it's not hard to browse.

Just need to be able to sort by Price / Level / Achievements / Trophies and combine these sort options.

~

Blare731
05-11-2013, 02:49 PM
You basically describe GW2 interface - it sort items by price without splitting them on single listings (you see: "34565 Copper Bars with 1silver 50 copper price on AH", '43543564 Copper Bars With 1silver 70copper price on AH", etc..).
Thats why i write about browsing thru common offers in WoW as a disadvantage - coz GW2 and apparently addon Auctionator are doing this better and i think in game like HEX (large one economy no splitted on smaller ones = shitload of offers (GW2 TP is multiple times bigger than any server WoW AH) is better than pure WoW interface.
Just because browsing thru specific items offers is so painful (50 pages+ per common card with 0,1 start price, no boyout, then another 50 pages for 0.02 price, etc..).

Personally i think that best solution is mix of both worlds with emphasis on GW2 one (its just better for large economies - thats all) and features from GW2 like 'buy more on TP" button (someone suggested this before).

Haha sorry didn't play GW2 so didn't know the AH I was just sharing my knowledge of WoW. I misunderstood what you meant by browsing through commons. I thought you meant all commons not ones with similar names.

Hibbert
05-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I think a buy order system would be very useful for the economy. In WoW, there always is a tendency for people to undercut each other, and this ends up benefiting those who can stalk the AH all day and buy up underpriced deals for resale(which can be sorta fun, but not necessarily good for the economy). If there are buy orders, people that want to sell cards will have a limit on how low they can go.

I'd also like to see lots of statistics. While they probably can't track all the "face to face" trades, average/high/low prices for cards sold in the AH(perhaps with an option to limit it to the previous month, week or day) would be super useful for anyone who wants to play the market wisely.

There are some wrinkles with the way cards are all unique. A random common might not be worth much. But the same common might be worth a lot more if it was the card that dealt the killing blow in the finals of the world championship. Perhaps there could be a separate section of the AH for cards with significant achievements/statistics associated with them.

Storm_Fireblade
05-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Good idea.

Combine this with ability to show all cards (not only ones that you own - they may be grayed out or smth) in collection UI and "buy more on AH" option... yea... definitely will work..

This would be simply amazing, yeah. I was already very fond of the idea having every available card "in" my collection if I choose to, but those I still haven't collected yet myself are greyed out or something. But being able to browse my collection and use one of the availables features, when right clicking on a card, to open the AH and see everyone offering those cards with several options to sort those offers, would be mindblowing, especially because it really takes this to a next level due to the digital nature of the game.

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I agree 100%.

And again... its EXACLY how GW2 resource/pets/crafting bank space is working (and in 90% of cases normal inventory and items too).
You may say about GW2 whatever you want (good or bad) but it has some very nice design/interface/quality of life features and for me their AH design if couple levels above WoW/RIFT/SWTOR current one (without addons).

Its just (especially comboed with this QOL features like the one wa talk about right now) very flexible and easy to use/ergonomic and in 100% designed for VERY LARGE economies (not smaller 'server ones' like in WoW for example).

I see problem here with 'every card is unique' in Hex. So browsing particular offers one by one is a must (not the case in GW2 for 9999% of items) so i hope they will just somehow merge systems from both games.

Anyway... "buy more on AH' and ability to see all cards ingame is a must. :)

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 05:33 PM
I have to say, a collection list where you can see what you are missing - really attractive idea.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I agree 100%.

And again... its EXACLY how GW2 resource/pets/crafting bank space is working (and in 90% of cases normal inventory and items too).
You may say about GW2 whatever you want (good or bad) but it has some very nice design/interface/quality of life features and for me their AH design if couple levels above WoW/RIFT/SWTOR current one (without addons).

Its just (especially comboed with this QOL features like the one wa talk about right now) very flexible and easy to use/ergonomic and in 100% designed for VERY LARGE economies (not smaller 'server ones' like in WoW for example).

I see problem here with 'every card is unique' in Hex. So browsing particular offers one by one is a must (not the case in GW2 for 9999% of items) so i hope they will just somehow merge systems from both games.

Anyway... "buy more on AH' and ability to see all cards ingame is a must. :)

I don't know if you explained GW2 AH right then. Because what I was saying after adding the grouping functionality for the initial selection, then you still would look at the cards individually. For instance, if you were to search: Dragon

You would get a window like this:
Dragon This 20,000 cards lowest price: 100 gold
Dragon That 1,500 cards lowest price: 10,000 gold
Dragon OMG 100 cards lowest price: 100,000,000 gold <---- Click on one to select it
Dragon Claw 40,000 cards lowest price: 50 gold

Then you get another menu that lists all the cards of that type by however you want them sorted like this:

Card front (hover over for info) Card double-back (hover) Seller info( Price, Date posted, Expiration, Username)
Card front (hover over for info) Card double-back (hover) Seller info( Price, Date posted, Expiration, Username)

of course this is all text so it would look nicer but it would be a way to see all the info clearly and easily get to what your looking for. And in this way you could easily see achievements and stuff but they could also make them things you can search and stuff but I was just saying the basic functionality of grouping them at the start of the search and then expanding into individual cards.