PDA

View Full Version : Future format staples

belophen
05-11-2013, 09:38 AM
well as the title says... we are getting spoilers since day 0 so we can do the thing that all tcg player love to...speculate!

i have a feeling for wretched blood (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/WretchedBrood_Gear_Web.png)

not nearly as powerful as bitterblossom but as a 3 drop, Kappa !

Devaux
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Extinction
Destroy all troops.

Unless something strictly better is printed shortly thereafter this thing will get played forever.

Shoubushi
05-11-2013, 09:44 AM
i have a feeling for wretched blood (http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/WretchedBrood_Gear_Web.png)

not nearly as powerful as bitterblossom but as a 3 drop, Kappa !

I love this card. It certainly is a watered down Bitterblossom, but for my Shin'hare tribal that I plan on making it's an auto include.

Pack Raptor and Replicators Gambit is such a powerful combo. I can't express how excited I am that these are both included as Alt Art for a Kickstarter Bonus.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 09:48 AM
I think the staple cards will be those with board clearing effects, and those with power greater than their overall cost, etc.

I would see a more interesting discussion to be about resource colour specific staples - Blood will definitely need the board wipe, it looks like it doesn't have a whole lot of spot removal so far. Diamond looks like anything that gives mana will be a staple, since protective decks usually lag behind, although anything aggro will probably find a place first. Wild, mana creating cards, always. Sapphire, couterspells and bounce cards will be staples, and probably flight troops. Ruby will be any powerful and cheap burns.

Shoubushi
05-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Haha why are you coming into a thread about staples and changing the discussion? I'd gladly discuss colors, but I think it should warrant a different thread.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 10:07 AM
I didn't say we change the discussion per se, but discuss what the staples are likely to be, associated with those colours. I mean, we haven't seen enough of the cards to be sure, but we can speculate based on previous TCG experience, right?

I don't mind discussing what we know, but it will be a limited discussion is all.

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 10:12 AM
There is only real answer here:

http://i.imgur.com/paLp3wl.png

;)

BRB im hungry :)

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I dont think he will be a staple - a board clear the turn before you play him would cripple him, and so would spot removal and much more. It IS a very nice card though, and would have whole decks dedicated to him.

I also wonder, on the PvE side, staples will be very different thanks to equipment, does anyone have any thoughts on that?

MirriCatWarrior
05-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Yea i too think he will not be a staple. :) I just aprreciate the design and sense of humor of devs that is manifested in this card (powerfull and very playable game changer/winner with 'funny' design - rare thing in TCGs).

I plan to build a deck around him... just give me more cards that triggers something when you sacrifoce troops and put them on graveyard before. :)

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Seeing cards like that, I expect to see crazy zombie mushroom armies filled with rodents, all rising up to beat face, only to turn around and be sacrificed and revived later, to fuel a giant beatstick like Mushy there.

Erebus
05-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Interesting thing about him, is that an equipped Wretched Blood puts him into play automatically :/