PDA

View Full Version : Mephistophelius

icyangelus
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Mephis lv10 ability says: Skip your draw step. [1]: Reveal the top card of your deck. Lose health equal to its cost then put it into your hand.

Does that makes sense to anyone or is it a typo and it was meant to say "put it into play"?

Mehlo
05-11-2013, 11:42 AM
It sounds like put it into your hand. The cool part of it is that you can do it any number of times a turn, and you combine it with deck stacking cards from blue. At least that is my view of it

icyangelus
05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
well if it can be use more that once in a turn then i see how it coulld be good i just assumed it would be only once per turn since it makes you skip your draw step.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 11:44 AM
You pay 1 resource to "draw" a card without drawing it (avoids triggers on drawing) and you lose health equal to its cost.
It's a nerfed Necropotence from MtG (tho it's abusable with very cheap casting costs deck)

~

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Ah, necropotence, how it made me cry like a little baby when legacy multiplayer games would turn into a giant combo-fest. Almost as bad as the decks that used howling mines to fuel crazy combos.

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Drawing is the best power in TCGs :)

~

Devaux
05-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Mephis lv10 ability says: Skip your draw step. [1]: Reveal the top card of your deck. Lose health equal to its cost then put it into your hand.

Does that makes sense to anyone or is it a typo and it was meant to say "put it into play"?

Hehe. never played Magic before?

That ability is nuts. Too bad you have to pay [1] :D

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 12:54 PM

That's why I think it's bad, you have to pay 1 + too much life

~

icyangelus
05-11-2013, 12:57 PM

I played magic but only for a short while. But yeah I can see how good it can be, for some reason i assumed it was a onceper turn thing =P

Erebus
05-11-2013, 01:02 PM
As a PVE champion I think he has a lot of potential for abuse, especially in Raid type enviroment.

I see myself using him with a Sapphire/Artifact with lots of additional card drawing effects, cost reduction effects and perhaps life gain.

The big thing is that there is no timing instructions on this card. Instant speed card draw is huge. And also you don't lose any life if the card you draw is a resource or a 0 cost card (Spectral Lotus anyone?). I just wish his level 15 ability didn't have the word Random in it.

SriSyadasti
05-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Makes me wonder if there's any way to freeze or reverse a champion's XP gain. Agree that he's nicely abusable, but the random element would put me off building decks around him