PDA

View Full Version : Class Skills / Bonuses

ErnieK
05-11-2013, 11:45 AM
This looks like it could the game to get me back into TCG's after deciding they were a money-pit back in college, and could be my first Kicktarter backing as well. I like everything I've seen so far... except maybe the evil samurai bunnies (I don't mind the samurai bunnies, I just can't bring myself to fear their supposed evil when they're so fluffy...)

BUT... I have one last reservation. More like unsatisfied curiosity, really. I see all the TCG aspects of the game, and some of the MMORPG aspects to it, like the extra charge powers and the equipment affecting the deck...

But the thing I'm most interested in, and think will have a huge effect on how diverse the decks/builds are in this game are how the class bonuses affect the cards. Cryptozoic has posted just enough to make us think but not nearly enough to know WHAT to think about the different classes. We know the classes are all basically the "standard five" plus warlock. But the interesting, and mysterious bit, is that they also told us that different races have different versions of the classes. We also don't know if the charge-powers are the things affected... or if they grant passive bonuses, or active abilities.....

So I'm really waiting, and holding back any backing or criticism or praise, until we know more about this fairly substantive mechanic.

Anyone else excited/worried about how the classes work?

Fireblast
05-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Don't care about classes/races here.
It'll work just fine, don't worry

~

Socks4615
05-11-2013, 12:02 PM
I'm very interested in the class/race abilities & talents. There's enough else here to make me salivate that I've gone ahead and backed, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing what will be available to the champions as you play through PvE. I also used to play M:tG until I decided that eating and paying rent was more important ;) and I just recently canceled my WoW accounts after 6+ years. So while I am really excited to get back into something Magic-like, what really interests me is the idea of a PvE experience added to the TCG aspects, and the way those two normally disparate things interact with one another.

I think they're parceling out the information they're giving us, rather than do an info dump on day 1 and then do nothing more than just answer questions for the rest of the Kickstarter campaign, so hopefully information on champion talents and abilities will come out over time.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 12:21 PM
I am really excited as well, the different races/classes will definitely affect how you make decks. This in mind, I will probably be building decks based on card combo I like and finding a race-class that fits the style of it the best. I'm not really worried about anything except how I'm going to get through the whole summer with my sanity.

Erebus
05-11-2013, 01:08 PM
The big thing about class/race abilities is that they'll only have an affect in PVE. The only effect that class (or more importantly champion) will have is the charge ability, very similar to WoW TCG's flip ability.

I've yet to see any class or even champion race specific cards. But it's still early.

WWKnight
05-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I hope the different calsses allow for different interactions with team-mates while rading. For example, I wanna play as a priest who has a charge power that heals an ally life total, or a warrior whos charge power is to taunt all attackers from teh raid boss toward him instead of allies.

It doesnt all have to be about DPS! :D

ErnieK
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Huh. I hadn't quite caught on to the fact that the classes were only going to affect PVE play on the first read-through, but going back I can see what they're saying. That's a little disappointing, but I'll take their word for it that it would imbalance PvP one way or another. That dampens my enthusiam just a smidgen, but still looking forward to pledging and getting into this.

I'm still quite interested to see how different races impact the class powers, particularly for thematic and story-telling purposes. The small snippets they've given, like "The coyotle cleric is part shaman and part medicine man, while the vennen cleric is a devoted fanatic of the Spider Mother," or "Human swashbucklers with their silver tongues, dwarves that have learned the art of camouflage, and elven troubadour assassins are just a few examples of rogues in the world of Entrath," definitely point to various distinctions, but are vague enough to tell us... schtako.

Daer
05-11-2013, 07:12 PM
Classes affect PVP, different classes have different charge abilities.

ErnieK
05-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Well, now we have conflicting statements regarding classes and PvP... granted, both statements by members, not devs, so they both get taken with a grain of salt.

Daer
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
In PVP you just have base Champions, they don't level up. It's more about choosing a Champion with a charge power you like than choosing a class.

Kami
05-11-2013, 07:29 PM
From the Champions information page on the site:

"Just like in PVP, your champion has a charge power, but in PVE, your champion increases in level and potency as he or she gains experience."

This confirms that Champions have charge power in PvP.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
I think champs just act like the equipment they wear - none of the perks in PvP, barring the base ability. (So no bunos draws or crazy stuff.)

Reasonably simple I think? Or at least I hope so.

Dragkin
05-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah, from my interpretation of Champs, they do have a Charge power in PvP. In the demo video the Orc player actually uses the Charge power against the bunny guy. PvE is where the Champs will level up, gain passives and extra "class" related cards and such.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeah, from my interpretation of Champs, they do have a Charge power in PvP. In the demo video the Orc player actually uses the Charge power against the bunny guy. PvE is where the Champs will level up, gain passives and extra "class" related cards and such.

Yep, this is pretty much how it works.