PDA

View Full Version : General PvE Information

Selix
05-11-2013, 04:13 PM
I think I read a few thinks about PvE that I am not trying to confirm but I can't seem to find the dev posts in question. Is there a devtracker?

1. What is the group size for dungeons?
2. Raids?
3. Is there a consolidated/summarized list of how this is different from MTG or other card games? I know this has MMO elements, gear, equipment, etc. but any thing else? In a better format then I type?

Sort of off topic but I would love for there to be some sort of forum signature banner that I could put in other forums I visit to sort of promote HexTCG. The kickstarter widget is far to large and obtrusive otherwise it would be perfect!

Socks4615
05-11-2013, 04:16 PM
1. They've made it sound like dungeons are solo-able, if my aged brain isn't failing me.

2. 3 - you and 2 friends :)

3. No summarized list that I'm aware of, but I'm not sure what more you're looking for besides the fact that it has MMORPG elements like a persistent world, lore & backstory, champions (characters/heroes/avatars) with talents & abilities that level up and gear you can win in dungeons and equip to your champion.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 05:06 PM
1. I believe that you can also go into dungeons with a friend but they've only eluded to it so I'm not sure.

2. You can do raids with 3 and they are meant for 3 but they also said that there will be achievements for doing it with 2. I know I'm definitely going to try and solo if I'm able to try.

Beastmaster
05-11-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm planning to raid controlling two decks myself on two computers, I love building decks that work well together and the synergy of controlling both of them. (often against a friend doing the same). Wish it could be an official feature but even if not, im going to do it anyway :)

Jinuyr
05-11-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm planning to raid controlling two decks myself on two computers, I love building decks that work well together and the synergy of controlling both of them. (often against a friend doing the same). Wish it could be an official feature but even if not, im going to do it anyway :)

hehe, you and me both. It can be the cheap way to get your own two-headed ogre/giant system.

Blare731
05-11-2013, 10:44 PM

Wait a second... a second account is free... trading doesnt need to have a price... HOLY CRAP WE CAN DO IT!!

Haha that's awesome. I will probably try that out at some point. Only downfall will be having to do the entire PvE story on 2 different accounts. But at least the cards are still getting all the exp and you can trade those back.

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Hehe. the one man raid system. Lots of clicking though.
Upkeep phase!
Accept player1. accept player 2 accept player 3.
Draw Phase!
accept player 1 accept player 2 accept player 3.
Main phase!
.... etc etc...

Blare731
05-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Hehe. the one man raid system. Lots of clicking though.
Upkeep phase!
Accept player1. accept player 2 accept player 3.
Draw Phase!
accept player 1 accept player 2 accept player 3.
Main phase!
.... etc etc...

If there is a downfall its that u need to click 100 thousand times a raid just for upkeep phases, haha.

JMFD
05-11-2013, 11:41 PM
I would assume some sort of block to stop multiple logins from the same person will probably be implemented. Otherwise a player could have multiple entries into draft tournaments etc. Not that I have any issue with you dual running PvE, but maybe suggesting it as a legal form of play for PvE would be a better solution?

A single player PvE mode where you synergize two different decks? Implement conditions like the four cards per deck rule expect between the two decks. That way you cant just build the same deck twice. I think that would be neat as shit.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 07:53 AM
How can you block multiple logins without limiting it to one account per houshold (which is a really REALLY bad idea, ton's of players have family or friends who would play on the same network).

Maybe a block per PC, so you can't dual client, but people with 2 PC's would still circumvent the rule. And to be honest, paying 8x7 dollars just to get a smaller reward sounds like a very foolish choice.

As for constructed, I don't know how to deter players from trying to abuse it. Except maybe having a rating system in place if someone is caught cheating.

Blare731
05-12-2013, 09:18 AM
I would assume some sort of block to stop multiple logins from the same person will probably be implemented. Otherwise a player could have multiple entries into draft tournaments etc. Not that I have any issue with you dual running PvE, but maybe suggesting it as a legal form of play for PvE would be a better solution?

A single player PvE mode where you synergize two different decks? Implement conditions like the four cards per deck rule expect between the two decks. That way you cant just build the same deck twice. I think that would be neat as shit.

I'm talking about two seperate accounts on two seperate computers.

I have a laptop and probably will build a computer over the summer. So I can have them sitting next to each other. But actually yeah there is no reason that I shouldn't be able to run the program more than once on the same machine and log in to two at once. As long as they are separate accounts like I said.

Honestly, there is no difference in the two scenarios. And if WoW allows it, you know that there is no loss of profits by allowing one person to have more than one account.