PDA

View Full Version : Booster Packs for PVE or PVP?

darkwonders
05-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Simple question. I did some searching but couldn't find it.

I'm guessing it'll be for PVP as PVE cards can be found by playing the PVE portion whereas the PVP cards are only found in boosters.

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 06:53 PM
PvP work both ways, PvE only for PvE. So you could booster up a whole deck and add to it later with earned cards when playing PvE, but not take those earned cards back to PvP.

darkwonders
05-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Oh right, cards level up when in PVE. So any PVP card that is used in PVE are now stuck solely for PVE play?

Xenavire
05-11-2013, 06:57 PM
I doubt it, I think they would just revert back to the base card when used in PvP (like the bonuses 'turned off' while you play.)
Although I think there is a chance PvP cards may level to add a new dynamic to constructed? I didn't see anything solid on that yet.

Daer
05-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Leveling up a card just turns it into a foil.

Digital_Aether
05-11-2013, 07:12 PM
XP leveling a card unlocks the foil version of the card. Getting the achievements unlocks the alternate art. Cards can be equipped with gems and equipment. Equipment is PVE only, and won't enter pvp. I believe there are gems in PVP, but I don't believe they're limited. They can also be changed at any time outside of a match.

darkwonders
05-11-2013, 07:14 PM
so much stuff to do! This game is going to be crazy addicting

Jinuyr
05-11-2013, 07:19 PM
XP leveling a card unlocks the foil version of the card. Getting the achievements unlocks the alternate art. Cards can be equipped with gems and equipment. Equipment is PVE only, and won't enter pvp. I believe there are gems in PVP, but I don't believe they're limited. They can also be changed at any time outside of a match.

The sideboard just got a lot, lot bigger. It's nice that the estimated time for these tournaments are stated, I'm hoping that it has strict rules for time between games but also for ways to reconnect for people that have poor Internet connections. I don't want to "win" against somebody that had their cable modem wig out on them during a match, or lose for that matter...

Daer
05-11-2013, 07:25 PM
In the kickstarter comments they said there is a 3 min reconnect time if someone disconnects.

darkwonders
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM
They really need to post a bunch of the answered questions in the FAQs. I don't really want to sift through hundreds of comments to see what questions have been answered.