PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Economy

JoonYoungK
05-11-2013, 11:10 PM
So wait... King or higher get a spectral lotus garden. Once a day you get a spectral lotus, which after begin played turns into a permanent Black tiger. So after a while we will be sitting on top of a huge pile of cat cards. We shall start a cat based economy! It's dwarf fortress all over again!

(and yes i know you can turn them back. this is funnier)

BlueRider
05-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to build a catsplosion deck.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 02:13 AM
I've read somewhere that 4 Black Tiger = 1 Spectral Lotus

~

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Yes, it's on the Hex rewards page (http://hextcg.com/rewards/). 4 Black Tigers can be converted into 1 Spectral Lotus, but only if you have a Spectral Lotus Garden. That said I really want to see a catsplosion deck now. :)

Socks4615
05-12-2013, 02:26 AM
Dammit, now I have to go watch the catsplosion video again... and I also want to see a catsplosion deck in action.

Selix
05-12-2013, 02:47 AM
so wait... King or higher get a spectral lotus garden. Once a day you get a spectral lotus, which after begin played turns into a permanent black tiger. So after a while we will be sitting on top of a huge pile of cat cards. We shall start a cat based economy! It's dwarf fortress all over again!

(and yes i know you can turn them back. This is funnier)

For !!SCIENCE!!

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 07:45 AM
I would love it if the cats could go up to 8+ copies in a deck, but they are nice enough on their own.

I do sort of wish they were PvP legal, as it is a very nice card overall, without messing with balance too much, and would be widely avialable at some point. Still, very nice PvE card, will probably run 4 in most aggro decks.

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 08:20 AM
4 Spectral Lotuses and 4 Black Tigers in one deck could end up being 8 Black Tigers. So we should be able to get there at least temporarily. I'm guessing you'd have to keep bringing in new lotuses replace extra tigers at the first opportunity each time you go over 4. That or just not have a limit on tigers at all, since wherever you set the limit people could get over it temporarily by adding lotuses. Or maybe count lotuses and tigers together for a max of 8.

I bet it would be fun to combo the tigers with Replicator's Gambit.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Actually, never mind. Replicators bandit would make that kitty way too OP (its draw card when enters play - thats a lot of cards, and a lot of face beaters. Ouch.)

If it was 'when played from the hand' it would be fine though.

Vengus
05-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Actually, never mind. Replicators bandit would make that kitty way too OP (its draw card when enters play - thats a lot of cards, and a lot of face beaters. Ouch.)

If it was 'when played from the hand' it would be fine though.
Personally I think there are going to be much more OP combo's with Replicator's Gambit than 6 kitties. :P

Devaux
05-12-2013, 08:50 AM
Personally I think there are going to be much more OP combo's with Replicator's Gambit than 6 kitties. :P

Better than a 12-for-1? Maybe but I'll only believe it when I see it.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:50 AM
But they are kitties!

And I agree, but if you are looking for card advantage the kitties would give it - in two different ways. I think it would be in every control deck (where card advantage is usually key.)

No need to give them too many options like that, when you want to keep it semi-balanced. (I wonder if Replicators might not end up banned in the long run?)

Devaux
05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
But they are kitties!

And I agree, but if you are looking for card advantage the kitties would give it - in two different ways. I think it would be in every control deck (where card advantage is usually key.)

No need to give them too many options like that, when you want to keep it semi-balanced. (I wonder if Replicators might not end up banned in the long run?)

The problem with the gambit is that you go down a card with no guarantee that you'll ever see the replicated card again.

You will lose to this card. But that won't make it "good".

Still though I'm looking forward to using it :D

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
If I'm reading right playing a replicated kitty nets you 7 kitties and 7 cards in your hand. And there are also draws for the original kitty and Replicator's Gambit to set it up. I think the extra draws could make the combo really OP. That said it's PvE only so maybe not as big of an issue as it could be.

Devaux
05-12-2013, 08:55 AM
If I'm reading right playing a replicated kitty nets you 7 kitties and 7 cards in your hand. And there are also draws for the original kitty and Replicator's Gambit to set it up. I think the extra draws could make the combo really OP. That said it's PvE only so maybe not as big of an issue as it could be.

Omg you're right. I keep forgetting that the cat is PvE only.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah Kurasa, but I was mentioning it would be nice in PvP - until we remembered the gambit. Like I said, if it was played from your hand, it would be viable.

And the gambit WILL be insta-banned if they add a tutor to the game (which they probably will someday). I mean you could set up a cheap card that has a strong effect on it's own, tutor it out, and play it again on that same turn.

For example I give you the 3/3 pig with speed. You use it once, tutor it, replicate it, tutor it again, play 7 6/6 speed beaters in a signle turn.

All I can say is ouch.

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 08:58 AM
In your defense Devaux I don't think they explicitly say anywhere that the cat is PvE only, just the lotus. But it seems like a pretty safe assumption. :)

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Well unless that cat can be pulled in boosters, it is PvE. If it CAN be pulled in boosters, Kickstarters would be upset, since the Lotus would be devalued a lot (trade 4 for 1, still a good deal with a limitless supply.)

Still, with a wording change it could be reprinted as a 'new' card in a later set, under a different name. It is a very nice card on it's own.

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 09:15 AM
And here I was editing my last post to say something similar. :) It is a nice card, I'd be happy to see a PvP version (that can't be traded for lotuses) showing up down the line.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 09:30 AM
Me too! Despite being less useful than the lotus version, I would run it quite regularly, just because it is good enough to be a staple, but not gamebreaking.