PDA

View Full Version : Game Clock Formats

Kami
05-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Will there be variations on the game clock timer?

For example: 0+10, 2+12, 1+0, etc.

0+10 = Start with 0 seconds, add 10 seconds at start of turn.

2+12 = Start with 2 minutes, add 12 seconds at start of turn.

1+0 = 1 minute per player for the entire game.

Not necessarily the above but I'd like to see the ability to select a game clock timer in casual gameplay.

OP_Kyle
05-12-2013, 06:00 AM
Will there be variations on the game clock timer?

For example: 0+10, 2+12, 1+0, etc.

0+10 = Start with 0 seconds, add 10 seconds at start of turn.

2+12 = Start with 2 minutes, add 12 seconds at start of turn.

1+0 = 1 minute per player for the entire game.

Not necessarily the above but I'd like to see the ability to select a game clock timer in casual gameplay.

The timers will start with a specific amount of time (sometimes that you can set on game creation) then count down. For the most part, there won't be timers in dungeons as you can leave a dungeon and then come back and pick up where you left off. There are some dungeons that put you on a timer, however. Raids will have timers to prevent issues. There will also be activity and disconnect timers that run in concert with the normal timer.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 06:11 AM
I like the activity timer :)

People playing aggro and going AFK are just pain in the butt!
Basically have X second/minute of inactivity, timer would go down faster?

~

OP_Kyle
05-12-2013, 06:15 AM
I like the activity timer :)

People playing aggro and going AFK are just pain in the butt!
Basically have X second/minute of inactivity, timer would go down faster?

~

Activity timer clocks the amount of time a player has to make an action when they have priority. If they don't make an action after an amount of time they get a pop up warning, if they still don't make an action after an amount of time they lose the match. Disconnect timer is similar, but it will give more time to the player, and notify their opponent of how much time has elapsed.

Vengus
05-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Activity timer clocks the amount of time a player has to make an action when they have priority. If they don't make an action after an amount of time they get a pop up warning, if they still don't make an action after an amount of time they lose the match. Disconnect timer is similar, but it will give more time to the player, and notify their opponent of how much time has elapsed.
Good to hear, if there's one thing that really annoys me in online TCGs it's when the opponent is a sore loser and goes AFK the moment he notices he's losing.