PDA

View Full Version : Artifacts and resources

ErnieK
05-12-2013, 07:57 AM
I know it's early to start planning, or even really just fantasizing about certain kinds of decks and combos.... however, I do have one small gameplay question that popped into my head this morning.

Resources build threshold. Red cards need a certain red threshold to play, blue a certain blue threshold, etc, et all, yaddayadda. What about artifacts? They aren't colored. And seeing that the color wheel / resource division is certainly familiar to MtG players, should we assume that artifacts have a colorless threshold, meaning they respect total threshold, not each individual color's? And will this lead to a lot more multi-colored dwarf-centric decks, since they're the artifact-race?

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 07:59 AM
They have no threshold cause no color :

http://hextcg.com/artifact/

~

ErnieK
05-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Oh... never even noticed those glowing little orbs below the cost... After listening to the gameplay video, I thought they were referring to the cost AS the threshold, just color specific. Gotcha, gotcha...

So yes, dwarves ARE going to have more fun in more places than anyone else... or at least I am....

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:07 AM
I do have to point out, some artifacts in MTG did end up having colour costs - this COULD happen here too. It could spice up the gameplay too - although that is not important to the discussion.

Right now they are all threashold free, from what we know.

Vengus
05-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Artifacts being colorless also makes them pretty splashable in non-Dwarf decks. It's going to be fun to experiment with them in decks that don't necessarily focus around Dwarves, or only a little bit.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Yeah, and I gaurantee future sets will have tons of fantastic artifacts based on other races, or based on something completely different.

Showsni
05-12-2013, 08:25 AM
I'm just intrigued by that "Time Bug is the Master of Time" equipment. (1/1 Flyer for two colourless that might be a Time Walk? Yes please!)

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Time bug is shown here :
http://hextcg.com/artifact/

It's a Time Walk, except that it doesn't cost 2 mana and will never be happening except 1/1000 of the time or in a dedicated combo deck that'll do nothing with the added turn

~

Kami
05-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Mm... Replicator's Gambit + Time Bug... potential for infinite turn loop. *ponders the possibilities*

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 08:53 AM
He means the legendary euipment. Since it is PvE only it wont matter most of the time, but it would be interesting to know what a master of time does.

Devaux
05-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Mm... Replicator's Gambit + Time Bug... potential for infinite turn loop. *ponders the possibilities*

you'd still need to draw two cards a turn for it to be infinite.

Kami
05-12-2013, 08:54 AM
I know, but that's why I said potential. If you find a method to increase draw, there's a huge potential.

For instance, even something similar to MTG's Howling Mines could get you there.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Would two of the draw dwarf work? Did we get confimration if once per turn effects were global or per card?

Kami
05-12-2013, 09:43 AM
I'd assume it'd be per card as in most TCGs.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 09:56 AM
That was my assumption as well, but new format might mean different rulings - just asked in case it had been mentioned.