PDA

View Full Version : If you were a Kickstarter Producer...

Jinuyr
05-12-2013, 01:59 PM
What kind of ideas would you offer up for a new dungeon or card? I'm curious what great ideas you folks have in that head of yours.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 02:08 PM
For a card I'd go with something like Snapcaster Mage
Blood or Sapphire :
2/2 for 3 instant (as it seems troops are costier here than they are in MtG)
Put target card from your graveyard into your hand, it has permanent casting cost +1

~

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Does it have to be balanced? Or can we be inventive?

I suggest a card that exiles all monsters in graveyards, and all players gain life equal to the combined mana costs of the removed cards. A white card, 5+ resources to cast, 3+ white threshold to cast.

And a dungeon themed on life swapping, and the creatures inside are diamond and blood based, probably necrotic, and based on soul theft. Allies inside would be Coyotle (they are very spiritual and would want soul theft to stop). Boss would be some kind of mind controlling vampiric soul sucker. Dunno why, just sounds cool.

Kami
05-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Card:

Unstoppable Construct

Troop, Artifact - Construct
Cost: 15
Speed, Trample
Atk: X | Def: X

Unstoppable Construct may only be summoned by paying the full cost. When Unstoppable Construct comes into play, remove X cards from your library and/or graveyard from the game. Unstoppable Construct gains +X Atk | +X Def for every card removed in this fashion. Unstoppable Construct must attack this turn. Any creatures that are able to block Unstoppable Construct must block. Remove Unstoppable Construct from the game at the end of your turn. Spells or abilities cannot target Unstoppable Construct.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Kami, nice. Would work better in a larger deck - what a win condition. 'I remove these 65 cards, it gains +65/+65'.

Would work just as well in a mana acceleration deck.

Kami
05-12-2013, 02:28 PM
You take a huge risk though. By emptying out your library and graveyard, you may not have anything left. It's pretty much a one-shot gamble. Fun in theory though. The high cost tries to keep it balanced and it prevents you from summoning it easily.

houjix
05-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Pack Raptors. Deck problem solved.

Blare731
05-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I would definitely make a theme that involves the wolves. Something where you get to play with a human/wolf deck and crush some underworld combatants would be what I would do as a dungeon.

Xenavire
05-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Nice Blare. I admit, they have some nice lore here. Most of it seems more compelling that WoW for example - that got too caught up in certian re-used figures. This is fresh, so there are many new and interesting faces we will see, and I just can't wait. Loving the Coyotles and Vennin/Orcs right now, and the rest aren't half bad either, and I love the part about the humans and the wolves. Really nicely thought out.

Jinuyr
05-12-2013, 02:56 PM
I would definitely make a theme that involves the wolves. Something where you get to play with a human/wolf deck and crush some underworld combatants would be what I would do as a dungeon.

I agree with you on that one. It's a thought that keeps coming into my mind. The bond between the knights and their Great Wolves seems like a story that can really quite moving. The Great Wolves are immortal, but should that immortality be removed by an act from the Underworld or the human they are linked with to be in some sort of peril, I would love to see a Dungeon be played out that a player ends up having to chose that only one would survive and a third option was unknown to the player and would lead them into other challenges not obvious on the first play through.

Save the immortality of the Wolf, save the Knight, or ???

Jinuyr
05-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Does it have to be balanced? Or can we be inventive?

I suggest a card that exiles all monsters in graveyards, and all players gain life equal to the combined mana costs of the removed cards. A white card, 5+ resources to cast, 3+ white threshold to cast.

And a dungeon themed on life swapping, and the creatures inside are diamond and blood based, probably necrotic, and based on soul theft. Allies inside would be Coyotle (they are very spiritual and would want soul theft to stop). Boss would be some kind of mind controlling vampiric soul sucker. Dunno why, just sounds cool.

I can't imagine it having to be balanced. If it's not, them maybe it just belongs somewhere else like strictly PvE or in a Dungeon. M:TG created Unglued sets for non tournament play so I guess the same can be said for cards that are not properly balanced. I like the idea of the dungeon though, very cool.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 02:59 PM
The producers will give ideas on art and powers to CZE's team.
The team will then balance the card

~

belophen
05-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Battle of wits. Kappa

Kami
05-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I wonder if it's an actual requirement to have to go to their offices in California.

d00dz
05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I wonder if it's an actual requirement to have to go to their offices in California.

I asked this question in a private message to the devs because I'm halfway across the world. They said they could manage it over Skype video chats so its not a problem :)

Kami
05-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I asked this question in a private message to the devs because I'm halfway across the world. They said they could manage it over Skype video chats so its not a problem :)

Ah, that's good to know. I guess we were both considering that issue, haha.