PDA

View Full Version : Typos.

mauvebutterfly
05-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Let's help make this product as polished as it can be by posting any typos we see on any of the spoilered material here.

Goblin Cooking Pot
•Equipment: Goblin Battle Helm >>> "…put it into you hand."

Time Bug
•Equipment: Blade of Judgement is missing a period at the end of the effect.

Is "shin'hare" supposed to be capitalized (Shin'hare)? Cards aren't consistent.

C-Drive
05-12-2013, 07:26 PM
Is "shin'hare" supposed to be capitalized (Shin'hare)? Cards aren't consistent.

I'm guessing not capitalized just like we say human race and not Human race.

Showsni
05-12-2013, 10:26 PM
I noticed one of the equipment previews said permanenet instead of permanent... But I can't remember which.

Fireblast
05-12-2013, 10:41 PM
I noticed one of the equipment previews said permanenet instead of permanent... But I can't remember which.

Seen that too, can't remember card either :D

~

Kurasa
05-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Shin'hare isn't capitalized in the articles. So I'd say C-Drive is right. The only thing is that it's capitalized in all the equipment previews. Could just be a formatting decision to make the word stand out a little.

alpha5099
05-12-2013, 11:12 PM
This might be me being pedantic*, but Prophet of Lodegan is pluralized incorrectly. The effect describes creating three "Prophet of Lodegans" instead of "Prophets of Lodegan."

"Wild Aura" is the one with the typo on its equipment (or one of them, could be others). Blade of the Woodstalker says "permenent" not "permanent."

* But if I can't be pedantic in a thread looking for typos in an unreleased TCG, then what's the point?

mauvebutterfly
05-12-2013, 11:47 PM
This might be me being pedantic*, but Prophet of Lodegan is pluralized incorrectly. The effect describes creating three "Prophet of Lodegans" instead of "Prophets of Lodegan."

* But if I can't be pedantic in a thread looking for typos in an unreleased TCG, then what's the point?

This could actually go either way, since "Prophet of Lodegan" is the name of a card, which is probably why it's pluralized that way. I agree with you, but it won't bother me seeing it the way they've done it.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 03:15 AM
Chlorophyllia is the one with permanenet +1/+1 :)

˜

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 03:17 AM

"Wild Aura" is the one with the typo on its equipment (or one of them, could be others). Blade of the Woodstalker says "permenent" not "permanent."

I guess the program adds the "s" at the end of the Card Name when it's pluralized.
Cards should not be pluralized anyway, makes everything easier

˜

Socks4615
05-13-2013, 03:30 AM
on Rose Lion, one of its pieces of equipment (Teeth of the Undergrowth) has "permanenetly".

It's not really a typo, but Lady Cassandra's card and one of her pieces of extra gear make reference to Lady Olwen. Presumably that's her full name (Lady Cassandra Olwen). This would make her husband Lord Olwen (thus Lord Olwen's Ring, the piece of gear in question) but the flavor text says she's married to Prince Talysen (who is presumably Prince Talysen Olwen?). Just some clearing up of all this might be good.

Extinction has Grips of the Unfortunate End which creates a Shattered World with 2 counters. "At the start of your turn, remove a conter."

OP_Kyle
05-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Lady Cassandra - Fixed Lord Olwen's Ring to reference the correct card name.
Extinction - Fixed a typo on Grips of Unfortunate End.
Time Bug - Added a period to the end of Blade of Judgement's text.
Goblin Cooking Pot - Fixed a typo on Goblin Battle Helm.
Wild Aura - Fixed a typo on Blade of the Woodstalker.
Chlorophyllia - Fixed a typo on Sacred Scythe.
Rose Lion - Fixed a typo on Teeth of the Undergrowth.

Let me know where you see "shin'hare" capitalized and I'll see if it is correct or not. Most cases it should not be capitalized (unless it is at the beginning of a sentence and whatnot).

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Let me know where you see "shin'hare" capitalized and I'll see if it is correct or not. Most cases it should not be capitalized (unless it is at the beginning of a sentence and whatnot).

Shin'hare seems to be capitalized in the equipment descriptions, while lowercase in card descriptions.

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 08:41 AM
I think come beta you will have an explosion of grammar nazi's (so to speak) and lots of people pointing out typos, so better clean up what we can now haha.

OP_Kyle
05-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Also...

Fixed the rarity icon on The Wrath of Zakiir and added the PvE icon to all appropriate cards (except Raid Leader's Blessing, but I'm working on that...).

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks, now post the stretch goals :D

~

Erebus
05-13-2013, 10:21 AM
/cracks the whip

Bernado
05-13-2013, 10:26 AM
/cracks the whip

Wipes the crack. ;)

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm less concerned about typos and more concerned about wordiness. Some of the cards have a rather confusing or ridiculously wordy card text.

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm guessing not capitalized just like we say human race and not Human race.

Well, either we capitalize all the races, or none of them - up to the devs.

Daer
05-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter - His equipment is Tricksters Gloves and Counjurer's Headcover. It should be Trickster's Gloves and Conjurer's Headcover.

Socks4615
05-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Orson's Dream - is that supposed to be "Reverie" Chestplate instead of "Reveire"? In any case, that chestpiece has the "permanenet" problem.

Socks4615
05-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Spectral Lotus, under Phantasmal Grips, there's an extra y in the description. Just sort of by itself after the end of the one sentence. I think it may even have an umlaut over it?

Cornholio666
05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Goblin Cooking Pot should have a semi-colon in it :

Goblin; Cooking Pot

alpha5099
05-17-2013, 10:17 PM
A couple of minor issues with today's article, Dwarven Drafting:

http://hextcg.com/dwarven-drafting/

The card text on Eurig the Robomancer and Master Theorycrafter both refer to creating a "Warbot," but the created unit is actually named "War Bot." Also, Eurig's legendary helm refers to "Wyatt," presumably what Eurig was called at some point earlier in the game.

mauvebutterfly
05-18-2013, 12:40 AM
A couple of minor issues with today's article, Dwarven Drafting:

http://hextcg.com/dwarven-drafting/

The card text on Eurig the Robomancer and Master Theorycrafter both refer to creating a "Warbot," but the created unit is actually named "War Bot." Also, Eurig's legendary helm refers to "Wyatt," presumably what Eurig was called at some point earlier in the game.

Yeah, the War Bot thing was bothering me while doing the wiki entries for those. I ended up just using the wording on the War Bot card itself. I'm sure they'll have things like this cleaned up before release. If they miss a few it shouldn't be a big deal as long as the card has a link/pop-up of the card being generated, which they should definitely implement anyway.

funktion
05-18-2013, 01:08 AM
Any chance we could get someone to keep a list on the original post and keep that up to date? I'd imagine that'd make finding and fixing these easier for both the players and the developers.

mauvebutterfly
05-18-2013, 01:52 AM
Any chance we could get someone to keep a list on the original post and keep that up to date? I'd imagine that'd make finding and fixing these easier for both the players and the developers.

As the OP I'd be the only person that can do that, right?

I wouldn't mind, except that I'm already spending a lot of time updating the fan-made Hex wiki. If someone else wants to start a "consolidated list of typos" thread, that would be great! Once I'm satisfied with all the formatting on the wiki and I run out of spoiled cards to input, I guess I can get around to this. I doubt that this is a big priority for CZE at the moment, since it's largely just a polish/professional fix to do once everything else is sorted out. I doubt that typos will really bother the beta-testers that much, and we've got a year or so until release if I remember correctly. Lots of time.

Socks4615
05-18-2013, 03:36 AM
They've already fixed some of the ones we found! So it's sort of a, "Hey, I have a free five minutes I should be doing something work-related in. I wonder if the small army of proofreaders posting in that Typos thread have caught anything else?" thing, probably ^_^ Definitely not a big priority, but it got seen to once already, so next time they have a pinch of free time, they'll get around to it. (Hahahahaha "free time"...but you know what I mean)

alpha5099
05-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the War Bot thing was bothering me while doing the wiki entries for those. I ended up just using the wording on the War Bot card itself. I'm sure they'll have things like this cleaned up before release. If they miss a few it shouldn't be a big deal as long as the card has a link/pop-up of the card being generated, which they should definitely implement anyway.

It's really only an issue if the inconsistent spelling causes bugs. But as long as cards that say they produce "Warbots" are correctly producing "War Bots," it's pretty much just a cosmetic distinction.