PDA

View Full Version : PvE or PvP?

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm curious, how many people here are interested in primarily PvP features versus PvE features?

If so, which feature are you most interested in?

Social features (auction house, guilds, friends list) fall under both PvP and PvE.

What type of PvP?
Preconstructed decks (matchmaker) or limited (drafts)?

What type of PvE
Apparently, Guild Warfare seems to be PvE focused... but there's also dungeons, exploration/questing, alts, and raids.

Personally, I'm more interested in PvP with a splash of PvE just so I can collect more cards. Maybe PvE will surprise me, but I suspect I'd start off around 70/30 and slowly taper off to 99% PvP after trying out the PvE content and collecting most of the PvE cards.

Talreth
05-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Really interested in PvP. I think I'll probably do the 70/30 taper as well.

houjix
05-13-2013, 12:45 PM
While I'm plannning on a good chunk of PVP, mainly draft, I'm really excited about the PVE content assuming they make it challenging and varied. I would hope my potential guild would be filled with a good cross section of players from the entire spectrum, hardcore PVP, hardcore PVE, and everything in between. That's the cool thing about having both avenues available in this game.

JMFD
05-13-2013, 12:47 PM
I see me spending the majority of my time PvPing then PvEing in my downtime or when burned out. Eitehr that or doing it on my tablet when I am out and about and don't want to give the game my full focus.

rodan
05-13-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm mostly interested in pvp, both draft and constructed tournaments. I'm not as interested in pve, but will definitely play through the content especially early in release as I'm getting a feel for the game and various game mechanics.

BlindMan
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
My feeling is that PvE might let you jump in and accomplish something in a shorter period of time, for when you can't commit to a draft tournament or the like. I am also interested in the possibility of leveraging PvE content or the auction house to help fund my PvP.

I anticipate starting 50/50 and leaning one way or the other depending on how successful my tournaments are or how interesting the higher level PvE content is.

Ebynfel
05-13-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm looking mostly to PVP. I will try, and likely play, PVE as well. However, my main focus will probably be PVP until a season gets stale. I'll do it all right off the bat, but in the end PVP is where I see my heart laying for a TCG. If I can find a dedicated group of friends to play with, then PVE will increase in value dramatically for me, but PVP is kinda like the "Always on" section. I can always jump into a PVP queue or somesuch. I wont always want to go into a dungeon or try to find a couple of people to raid with.

In the end, I'm likely to enjoy both.

Boojum
05-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm probably most excited for the PvP draft tournaments, but given that I won't always have three hours to put into one, I'll end up doing a fair amount of PvE too.

Tyrfang
05-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Hmm, seems like most people here are more focused on PvP. I think that might be simply a result of them keeping their cards close to their chest with PvE details...

...I'll leave now.

Boojum
05-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Hmm, seems like most people here are more focused on PvP. I think that might be simply a result of them keeping their cards close to their chest with PvE details...

Well, that and the fact that the vast majority of TCG players in general play them against other people, so it's logical that when looking at a new TCG that's the first priority.

BigDog
05-13-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm also mostly in it for the PVP, that being said, i have a sneaking suspicion that the PVE-PVP mode will be the hidden gem of the game that causes people to do the PVE content to acquire cards/equipment to use in the PVE-PVP arena, so if that becomes a thing i'll really look forward to that as well.

Tricsun
05-13-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm definitely going to be putting plenty of time into both.

Socks4615
05-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Social features are nice, and I do appreciate them! I ran a guild in WoW, so I'm definitely a big fan of them. Primarily I'm here for PvE content, though I do like the PvP aspects. I'll probably do more "friendly" fights against guildies & friends than tournaments though. If I do tournaments, it'll probably be Constructed - I'm interested in what the decks I've already built can do, and it takes me a long time to build a deck to the point where I'd be comfortable testing it out in competitive waters (and even then, I doubt I'll win much; the one time I went to a Magic tournament, I was quickly eliminated...but then the others who were eliminated and I set up our own games and I beat all of THEM, so I guess I'm the best of the worst? xD).

PvE-wise, definitely looking forward to dungeons & quests, and the joy of leveling many champions. I'm really fascinated by the whole "socketing gems into cards and also changing how cards play via the equipment you have" thing, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the equipment affects my decks (not just directly through their stated effects, but also through things like influencing me to have this card in there instead of that card, etc.). That's why I went Dungeon Crawler, because the thrill of achieving loot through victory is nice but short-lived; I would (for this game anyway) rather have all the equipment I need so that I can then play with the combos. :3 Means I also really like the stretch goals they announced, too!

Given that I'm an altoholic, I fully expect to be leveling multiple champions and only occasionally fighting friends just for fun. :)

mauvebutterfly
05-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Also, thinking about PvP will help to build better PvE decks, since the games will still be played out in the same way.

Until we know what specific restrictions we face in PvE, or what cards or global effects start in play during the matches, there isn't a lot of PvE theorycrafting that can be done at this stage. The only thing is equipment, but again, this just tweaks other cards slightly. Building a solid PvP deck is the best approach we can take to PvE without knowing more details.

…and building a solid PvP deck is difficult when you only know about 40 cards from the set.

Although I'm also one of the people that is primarily interested in PvP (specifically draft) I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play through all of the PvE solo content at least once.

ShaolinRaven
05-13-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm equally interested in both. I love the CCG tourney side, but I'm an MMO story/lore nut, and I"m an avid achievement chaser, so both are going to take up massive amounts of my free time.