PDA

View Full Version : Trying to decide on a package

nappynella
05-13-2013, 02:23 PM
OK, so I have bought one package, well then I was like "I do not really want to share with my husband" He is a totally different style of player then I am.

I am somewhere in between the Pro, guild and DC.

Any thoughts on what way I should go? I like all 3.

Daer
05-13-2013, 02:25 PM
Grand King, you get the benefits from all 3 of those plus Raidleader and Collector.

BKCshah
05-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Well I guess this is for you, so, do you want to PvP or PvE?

If drafting is your thing, Pro is obvious.
Guild is OK for the pack boost, but after less than 30 weeks, Pro is better.
DC is good if you think you'll be more interested in the PvE content.

Talreth
05-13-2013, 02:27 PM
Guild if you see yourself playing with people who won't play that often or want to draft rarely, so they can use the extra packs and XP. Pro player if you want to draft and have a steady stream of PvP cards. I don't like DC much because it's really just getting things you would have already gotten anyways faster. If you play long enough, you'll get all those extra drops anyways (also, you can sell pvp cards from drafting to help get pve cards you would have gotten through DC - but it will be much harder to do it the other way around).

Kami
05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Basically, the breakdown most exclusive steps are:

<$120 - Just enough to get in on the action with some bonuses (mostly for people on budget, imo)
$120 - Minimum for Spectral Lotus Garden
$250 - Minimum for an assortment of Lifetime Perks
$500 - Minimum for a combination of $250 Lifetime Perks (for those who can't decide)
$1000+ - Custom Stuff

This is how I would see it.

Of course, stacking multiple tiers is an option too.

In your case, I'd say you fall under the GK tier.

TheBlueMagician
05-13-2013, 02:28 PM
OK, so I have bought one package, well then I was like "I do not really want to share with my husband" He is a totally different style of player then I am.

I am somewhere in between the Pro, guild and DC.

Any thoughts on what way I should go? I like all 3.

If you only want to get one pack, I recommend the pro-player.

It provides cash value for life, and allows you to get PvP cards from new sets for free, which can normally only be obtained by paying for them.

The Guild and DC packs only make it easier to clear SP content by reducing the time you spend collecting items, but provide little in the way of continuing cash value (GM does provide the 90 boosters to distribute among people, but it's one time and limited to the first set).

If you can afford 2, I recommend picking your two favorites, because the devs have stated you can combine the rewards of multiple pledges onto one account, which means double the boosters and decks, plus both rewards. If you must have all three, obviously go fro Grand King!

Turtlewing
05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
My analysis:
Assuming you can make the time to play at least one PvP tournament per week Pro player is the best dollar value of the levels you listed.

If you are willing to spend $500 and want to do both PvP and PvE, the Grand king is probably the best choice for you (this is what I did).

If PvP does not appeal to you I'd go with the Dungeon Crawler as Guildmaster is kind of a low-ball on it's own value wise (you'll get most of it's benefit by joining any decent sized guild as large guilds will recruit the grand kins who have that perk).

nappynella
05-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Cool, thanks guys, sounds like I am going with pro-player.

Simokon
05-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Good choice!