PDA

View Full Version : Multicolored/gold cards

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen any info on this. I'd hope they have intentions to make multicolored cards in the future!

Xenavire
05-13-2013, 06:13 PM
We might have our answer to this in the form of socketed cards:

Each gem will enhance the card it is socketed onto in some way, provided that you control at least one of the shard thresholds that is associated with that gem. If you don’t have that threshold, you can still play your card as normal, but that power won’t activate until you obtain the necessary threshold.

I do hope true multicoloured cards come though, and dual coloured.

JoonYoungK
05-13-2013, 06:15 PM
I did love the split cards in magic. but i think that might be asking for a bit much

Erebus
05-13-2013, 06:17 PM
That's totally an option, cards that are multiple cards until they enter play.

Perhaps they even draw as a random card, and then you can spend mana to change them to another possibility.

Barov
05-13-2013, 07:24 PM
My guess is they are intentionally leaving multicolored out of the first set. Leaves a feature open to add with future sets.

Fireblast
05-13-2013, 11:27 PM
Split Cards, Multicolour and some other mechanics are too complex for new players.
First sets are always just creatures attacking

~

ShaolinRaven
05-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Yeah I would expect expanded card types and abilities to be added to expansions. Let the player base get used to the flow of the game and the initial mechanics before adding multi-colored or multi-type cards.

Though the use of a threshold level will make multi-colored cards interesting, cause its not about the resource color but the threshold levels. So we'd get a card that required something like 2 Saphire and 3 Blood threshold to play regardless of what it cost to play resource wise.